It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we forget about Hezbollah?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is a great article about how terrorists really work. I recommend checking it out.

For decades, terrorist groups have used dramatic incidents of murder – blowing up hundreds or beheading a few – as a means of furthering their aims. They still do, because terror-murder always garners lots of media attention. But terror masters have learned it is not only important their organizations garner media attention, but the coverage make them appear viable, politically legitimate, perhaps even clean.

Media arm of terrorism

This article talks about a great point. Amidst all of the talk of Al-Qaeda and the Taliban, we seem to have forgotten a bit about Hezbollah. They seem to really be the strong arm of terrorism. We are force fed all of the Al-Qaeda talk by our own media. The Hezbollah actually own their media and extend it worldwide. Iran, IMO, is the country we should have been worrying about all along. They have provided most if not all of Hezbollah's buildup in strength. I believe this is the group we will soon see cause more trouble throughout the Middle East. More so than Al-Qaeda who uses mainly Al-Jazheera to get their messages out. It just seems to me that a once always talked about Hezbollah has been swept under the carpet and left to fester.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Is it a case of forgetting, or is it a case of active denial?

If you stave a flame of oxygen its going to die.

Recently I've noticed, as you have, that certain things have been conviniently dropped. I'm wondering if its out of political expediency, because if you bring Hezbollah into things it brings in a whole lot of questions about Palestinian issues, The Lebanon and a stark reminder of the mini-atrocity Israel carried out last year, and right now Middle East politics is focused very tightly on Iran and nukes.

You keep the focus by playing down the other stuff. Is a clever tactic if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You would think that seeing militant groups like Hamas and Hezbollah putting their guns aside and trying to participate in a democratic political process would be seen as a good thing...

Besides, it's deceptive to describe them simply as terrorist groups, while both have participated in terrorism, they also both run huge social-services networks that are where they get their public support.

They're not single-purpose terrorist organizations like Al Quaeda and the like, to present them as such seriously underestimates their resources and support.

new topics

join