It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AFTER Roswell

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A laptop to a caveman? not exactly... more along the lines, of a kevlar crossbow or a automatic assault rifle... much further advanced than what he has, but after evaluation and teardown.. he will eventually figure what it is and what it does..., also mankind in the 40 through now, have advanced in technology exponentially at a scale previously unseen in history..... from tube and CB to Plasma lquid images and satelite radio? quadband cell phones? This is tech computers the size of offices to hand held PDA's and smartphones that are 100 times more advanced? All imagination, and theory and thought is rooted from a source. Something somewhere forced us into the tech age where we are now. I do believe that our government is withholding technology far more advanced that what we have available in the open market, which is the logical thing to do. To maintain peace, you have be better equipped than your inferiors and your allies, and your enemies.....

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have considered this for no like everything else involve in UFOs it is speculation since we can't get credible information out of the official keepers of truth.

However I think it may be a strong possibility.

Corso is one thing to consider and Seth Shostak is another.

In a way they both point to the possibility that there is somethiong to it.

Shostak ridiculed it by saying something about the ancients being able to "put a few blocks on top of each other". That sounds so silly to anyone who knows anything about the subject that I have to wonder what he realy meant.

I discussed this further in the 107 Wonders of the Ancient world string

Or go directly to my web site page about 107 Wonders of the Ancient World.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
is this all just a coincidence, were humans naturally advancing that rapidly in technology?

Come on. Give human beings some credit for being incredibly clever.

your joking right? humans clever? maybe oppurtunistic but clever?

of course humans probably cheated, but we ARE smart enough to cheat so, i guess we are "slightly clever"

i mean humans are so backwards ignorant, that they actually THINK they are clever...its a great laugh tho at least

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Stanton Friedman is a very good researcher in my opinion.
And I think you are right, but I didn’t have it it yet in my possession.
I also must read “Witness to Roswell’ from Thomas J. Carey en Donald R. Schmitt sometime.
I have already heard that it is very interesting to.

I also can strongly recommend you the book “In League With a UFO” from Lou Baldin.
It is a magnificent book, with a very interesting and mind boggling “Non Fiction” story about the saucer you mentioned above.
Lou Baldin is the writer, and as you probably know he is on ATS under the name Sleeper .

[edit on 30/1/08 by spacevisitor]

Yes! read the Witness to Roswell book. it is really impressive and very convincing. Mr.Thomas J.Carey is a great man as well. I reached him by Email and got a reply within minutes. All of the Authors have done alot to make me people see the truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I read Corso's book several years ago. There are some big concerns.
First, if this really happened, and we had these fantastic items recovered from the crash, why did they sit in some filing cabinet from 1947 until the early 1960's , and why did they put a colonel in charge of it?

Who's to say that was all of the material? Even Corso assumed other, larger pieces of debris were already in play.

I would think that since we have/had many very brilliant scientists with top secret clearance, some of them would have been given control.

Access? yes. Control?, no. And the firms Corso alleges he took them to certainly meet the criteria.

Second, Corso tries to make people think that he was personally responsible for most of the advances over the last few decades, a scientific Forrest Gump.

He always concedes his role as a middle man, not personally responsible, but sure, he certainly plays up his role...that's just human nature, especially when writing the equivalent of a memoire...

I'm afraid, and I hesitate to speak of the dead, that the late Col. Corso may have imagined his experience. Given the age at which he wrote the book, it is not unusual for someone with dementia to truly believe that experiences they've fabricated, actually occurred. I am not saying he was a liar, just perhaps a poor soul with dementia.

Entirely possible of course...though when in doubt, you have to look at the guy's record, and it's impressive.

I personally believe that we're not the only sentient beings in the universe. However, I do believe that evidence exists that most of the inventions mentioned were well on the way to development long before 1947.

I'd have to agree. Doesn't mean we didn't get some innovations though. Even Corso likely had little info on how far certain labs were in their developments of such technologies. Check some other sources too...one of my favorites is the White Hot report by Twining. While it's authenticity is difficult to confirm, it's contents are certainly intriguing (i.e. detailed description of the craft interior).

Thing is though, the main technologies like antigravity or long distance space travel are likely still being reverse engineered. One analogy was how we may not understand a ray gun, but could pick it up and fire it. Sure, but what if the ray gun was broken? Could we put it back together? We know what it should do, but the components are a mystery. It may take decades to puzzle it out, and we could certainly still be in that process for all we know.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join