It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who feels better after State of the union Address?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So, I have to ask, does anyone actually feel better after Bush's final address to the nation. I tried to be objective and open minded, boy was that difficult. How can an oil man state that we should develop and invest more in alternative fuels? Maybe it is just me, but I have a hard time believing anything that he says. The look on someone's face as they speak actually speaks more than the words they say. And in GW's case, IMO, he made it seem like a valedictorian speech from a high schooler. He just said things that people want to hear just to try and save face. No specific step forward was really put forth. The only answer to the state of the economy was to not worry, the long road will be prosperous. Heard that before and look where we are now. Maybe it is the way it was meant to be as he is on his way out. Oh yeah, did you know America opposes Genocide in the Sudan?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I listened on the Radio. Most of it anyway.

I turned it off when he started throwing around the word "liberty".
He has no concept of Liberty..
Except that it's the name that big "Bell Thingy" in Philly. You know, the one that Osama Bin Laden cracked ?

It was definitely a lame duck style speech.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I thought the President read the speech quite well. But it sounded a lot like his last State of the Union Address. Perhaps they are into recycling.

Oh yeah, I do feel better after the Presidents speech, but I been swilling down Coronas like there was no tomorrow while he was reading.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
whaaa

You know, I had a little Deja vu too. Lots of stuff from his 2nd campaign.
War is almost over, energy independence. All that stuff that never happened.
Remember the big hydrogen speech? Hydrogen economy..turned out to be nothing more than hot air. again.

I voted for this guy twice! I R stoopid, somebody slap me.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Fool me once...yadda yadda, you know the mistake you made

I logged right back onto ATS halfway through the speech. I couldn't take it. When you can surf topics and discussions and still listen to GW, you know it can't be that great. So who do you vote for now spacedoubt?
A corona sounds good by the way!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Smoke and mirrors, no arguments? We should vote to have no Reps. or Pres. and just vote on every single issue, that ought to slow things down abit?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by azblack

Good idea. We now know we can't rely on Congress to vote on the issues. They just let things slip in without discussion. Pretty sad when your leader admits that.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Let's just say that I hope the next State of the Union address is given by a Doctor that flies under the radar.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Bush but it is worth noting that since he has less then fantastic public speaking skills and ability to communicate his ideas that he was never going to make a speech that would turn public opinion around. How anybody who is unable to communicate ideas effectively has a political career little alone President is a mystery to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Evey time I hear this guy make a speech first thing that comes to mind is the teacher from charlie brown.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Did anyone hear or where my Ears deciving me when he said no more Black Ops (When I got Up Off the floor and shook it off he.. he.. ) I thought to myself whats He up to and then I was like oh yeah the joy ride's over heres your car(Country back) sorry your problem Lol

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Who feels better after State of the union Address?

to answer your question, I didn't watch it cuz I knew
all I'd hear is more lies.

And No I don't feel better, but let me tell what would
make me feel better.

GW Bush in a set of handcuffs in an orange jumpsuit
on trial for treason and war crimes. That would make
me happy.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Let's just say that I hope the next State of the Union address is given by a Doctor that flies under the radar.

I would have to agree wholeheartedly on that one

And for those who don't know who he's talkin bout
then read my banner below

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
anyone notice that cheney only stood up and applauded on things concerning military action in the middle east and the war on terror?

ya know he'd be an awesome president if he did all the things he continuously says he's going to do

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Better...Wouldn't know..All I heard come out of his mouth was...I'm a jackass...I screwed yall real good...and heck all my boys in the oil companies had a helluva 8 year run...Oh and We killed alot of people... Yea that was about all I could get out of it....

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

Please refer me to more info about Ron Paul he seems to be really popular here among the logical, critical eyes this website provides, but I can't seem to get the real ideas, Financial, socially or other wise I just have seen displayed how he is different, I just can't put my finger on what this is based on. I really need more info.?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by azblack
reply to post by SimonSays

Please refer me to more info about Ron Paul he seems to be really popular here among the logical, critical eyes this website provides,

Ron Paul 2008

Ron Paul for President

You can also search for him on youtube as he's got the most
videos posted of any presidential candidate.

top topics

join