It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Want to Write A Movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm a part-time screenplay writer. Okay, I'm not even part time...more of a hobbiest screenplay writer.

At any rate, I've written a few feature length screenplays (some good, some terrible) and am constantly working to improve my craft.

I know there are a plethora of other amateur writers on here. I figure there's got to be a few aspiring screenplay writers as well.

I started a blog a few months ago titled My Other Career. It's basically a live blog of a new screenplay I'm working on created within the confines of the exercises outlined in Syd Field's "The Screenwriters Workbook." It's been a fun little experiment and it's moving along nicely.

However, I'd like to open it up to other writers as well. I think it's interesting and helpful for writers to work together by exposing their thought process and ideas, as well as techniques on how they write things.

And that's what My Other Career is all about, putting it all out there for other writers to see so that hopefully though some sort of symbiotic relationship we can learn together and improve our craft.

At any rate, if you're interested send me a PM and I'll set up an account for you so you can post to it. If you know anyone who might be interested let them know as well. If you've got questions post them up here and I'll try to answer them.

Ideally I'd like to get three or four writers posting on a regular basis. But now that's more of a pipe dream, I'd be happy with just one.

www.myothercareer.wordpress.com...

Thanks.

[edit: Crud, I just realized this is in the entertainment and not movies forum. If any mods see this can you please move it and remove this section of the post if you do? Thanks.]

[edit on 28-1-2008 by The Big O]

[edit on 28-1-2008 by The Big O]

new topics

join