It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tu24 will not affect the Earth, damn u scaremongers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Heh heh he, someone was bound to start a thread like this one. I can't really blame them, good work Ozzie

Oh, and to avoid a one-line-post-slap... umm, I haven't seen any space rock land near my house. Everything is fine. La la la la la!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ok, this is another laugh.

The Tu24 website is claiming that the passing of a tiny little rock hundreds of thousands of kilometeres away is causing severe weather acrosss the globe

They say - there is extreme cold and snow in Jerusalem and the middle east

In reality- slight chance of rain, cool and just below slightly below average tempratures. No extreme cold in sight or snow for at least a week

They say - extreme weather in china and canada

In reality- apart from some freezing fog in the higher elevated areas of China and some heavy SEASONAL snowstorms and blizzards, there is nothing out of the ordinary. Canada has a few warnings but nothing overly severe

They say- extreme conditions in the USA.

In reality- There are a few warnings out about severe wind chill.....which as far as I know is quite common in winter. There is also a chance of a severe winter storm.....hmmm winter storm in winter.....how unusual

They say- Chicago recorded 46 degrees F, overnight is expected to drop to 2 degrees F.

In reality- Its actually going to be a bit warmer.....8 degrees with the maximums just above freezing

But what would I know....I'm only a meteorologist

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I thought this was funny from the moment I read about tu24. The whole lack of news coverage is what kind of surprised me though, I thought cnn would have had minute to minute coverage of this thing. I guess it was just THAT threatening.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
hello !

here in austria europe !!
we had a severe storm on saturday 26 until monday 28
winds about 150 miles /h in the alps and around 100 miles in the valley
causing alot of damage in the millions of euros.
even in GRAZ roofs where flying around and fronside glasses of builldings
fell down. thats not normal here we dont have storms like this .l
even the wheater experts say such a storm only takes place all 20 years !!

so thats for real some effect

[edit on 30-1-2008 by alexanderCA]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Ok Ozweatherman, real scientist-like (smartypants) if it did hit the ocean, say between OZ and EEEENZUD (New Zealand) and and caused a

MASSIVE TSUNAMI

how big will the wave be?

and far out should I paddle out to catch the mother!

GREAT WORK AS USUAL MATE!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The tu24 website is responsible for the mass spreading of misinformation, and the administrator, nua, is censoring anyone who stands up to his theories.

I signed up and politely challenged the ideas presented in those forums, put forward the notion that maybe the hype was the result of a few individuals looking for excitement.

My post was immediately removed, and I had all of my forum privildges revoked.

The tu24 forums are filled with manipulative lies, and the administrator (nua) is editing and crushing posts to suit his own crappy, unfounded video, and his 15 minutes of internet fame.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
can anyone tell me if this asteroid was visible last night,jan 29. i live in texas south of dallas. around 8pm(not sure the time) last night i saw what i thought was a satelite go over,from south to north. while its not odd for me to see satelites out here, this was the brightest one i remember seeing. just wondering

[edit on 1/30/2008 by zoso28]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
As far as I understand it, yesterday the asteroid was around 1.44 lunar distances from Earth at around 15:33 EST... so - if you were looking at night I would assume it was still fairly close - so yes it could most likely still be visible with the proper equipment (or maybe naked eye if your lucky?)

Source: www.nightskyinfo.com...

HOWEVER

This website will explain just how many satellites are in space:

Source: www.space.com...

Quite a bit - Hundreds! (and probably more
)

So - I can't say if what you saw was a satellite, but there's a good chance. Usually on a clear night you will see one or two within a given hour or so - from my experience.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by SolPower]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
"But what would I know....I'm only a meteorologist"
Good point, in my lifetime I have learned that the weatherman is sure to be wrong, at least 80% of the time.

Sorry to say this Oz, but I remember you posting in the 100+ page TU24 post before and reading your responses and thinking to myself, this guy is a weatherman but seems so closed minded when it comes to geological and astronomical interactions between bodies?

You obviously don't understand or care to take into account the huge role of the middle and upper atmospheres in our weather patterns. Have you read the recent studies of the middle atmospheres' electrical flows (disturbances, known to us as storms) that accompany the lower-level lighting storms that we commonly see at the surface level? To say that earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and tsunamis have nothing to do with the electrical energies being transfered between the earths' solid mass and atmospheric layers and are all due to "plate tectonics" is simply absurd. What do you think causes the plates to move in the first place?

I know you know what the jet streams are. Curious as to how these flows of pressure are mostly contained at upper altitudes! TU24 did effect the earth! It caused effects to the magnetosphere and ionsphere, just as others have stated, look at the graphs. Every astroid (even smaller than TU24, but at least as close as 1.4 LD) have shown changes similiar to those caused by TU24. You (at least twice) said that TU24 was "too small" to have any effect and that "our moon" should cause more changes than it could. Why, because of the size of it? Our moon has been here for 65 million years, so it has had time to effectively become neutral (other than its' noted gravitational effects) For starters, maybe research our moon and get a better understanding of how it was formed. HINT: 65 million years ago , as I mentioned above.... Wow, maybe you'll learn more about the real causes of evolution, solar radiation, and be that much more understanding of the enviroment that you are supposed to tell us about everyday. What could it hurt?

Ever heard of HAARP? Sure, you say, but do some more in-depth reading. Even the initial patents filled, state the technological uses of it as having weather changing effects! Yes, humankind has figured out how to control atmosperhic conditions (specifically densities of energies and thus temperatures and pressures) THAT DO AFFECT WEATHER. Open your mind, humankind is making huge advancements in their understanding of the earths' complex relationship of energy exchange between its components. Sorry, to rip you a new one but, you kind of asked for it by saying, "But what would I know....I'm only a meteorologist"

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SolPower

thanks,like i said, its not odd for me see a satelite, its just that this particular one seemed abnormally bright

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As of now, about 6 deaths are attributed to high winds in the mid west.

Right now, the wind here where i am is at a constant 40 MPH with gusts up to 70.

Its interesting to note that on Coast to Coast last night David Sereda did say that the weather patterns would get worse over the next few weeks.

If this asteroid is gone bye bye, why the winds? Does anyone have a good educated guess?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I stand corrected, I've been watching the magnetosphere the last few days - just to be sure.

Look at this morning...

www2.nict.go.jp...

Also outages of internet in the Middle Eastern regions and India (supposedly to a cut cable in the mediterranean?) or this?

Just a thought - very large spikes though, some that I've never seen.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SolPower

See the other thread in Science and Technology about asteroid BC15 that passed us at .8 LD about 4 hours ago. Only about 1/10 the size of TU24 but moving over 4 times as fast! Could this be causing changes in addition to the recent pass of TU24 in the magnetosphere and ionsphere?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'll take a look,

For now - he's some of the changes I've seen. Not to mention the second image shows a spike OFF of the charts in temperature and high increase in density. Someone know more about the magnetosphere? My knowledge is limited.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Have also taken a look at previous years (on the same day as today, and other days)

Previous year videos:

www2.nict.go.jp...

only RARELY would the colors get white around the bow shock. The energy we're seeing is higher than any I could find (but I didnt view all of them). These extreme energies (the white parts) usually dont last much longer than a few hours (maybe a day) according to past data. So - if this dies down by tonight - I don't think we need to worry - however I'll keep an eye on it. Not sure what implications this might have - really just going on the fly here.

thoughts?

Oh and no, that tiny 22 meter asteroid would not cause fluctuations like this - unless its electrically charged? very doubtful

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
SOLVED

Finally found a website worthwhile to explain all of the magnetosphere fluctuations lately. No its not due to any asteroid or other object in Earth's vicinity. It's simple and expected variations of the Sun.

Magnetosphere monitoring system:
www2.nict.go.jp...

The link below shows current solar activity and warnings/alerts.
Note that this explains our recent activity! (as shown above and in previous posts)
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

The recent activity with the magnetosphere is not common but it does happen from time to time due to a recurring coronal hole in the sun.

For future reference you can see today's space weather forecast here:

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

[edit on 31-1-2008 by SolPower]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by percievedreality

To say that earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and tsunamis have nothing to do with the electrical energies being transfered between the earths' solid mass and atmospheric layers and are all due to "plate tectonics" is simply absurd. What do you think causes the plates to move in the first place?

Its not electrical energy that causes the plates to move, its heat energy. The plates sit on whats called the asthenosphere which is comprised of molten rock. Due to pressure and temperature differences between the asthenosphere and the lithosphere (commonly known as the earths crust), the rocks are stretched and pulled over small distances each year. Plate tectonics has nothing to do with electrical energy..look it up

Tsunamis are caused by the vertical displacement of plate boundaries (called earthquakes uif you didnt know) lying underneath the ocean or a body of water, or also an underwater landslide or underwater exploasion. Again, nothing to do with electrical energy but everything to do with kinetic energy. Exactly the same as earthquakes

Volcanic eruptions are caused by.....surprise, surprise, high pressure from the asthenosphere, forcing magma up through the throat of the volcano. Isn't it strange also, how volcanoes are only found on or near the borderlines of tectonic plates.....weird huh.

Maybe you could provide some links or sources that explain otherwise, but until then....I believe you are full of it.

Oh, and when I get some time, I will explain the weather stuff to you

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aussiespeeder

Depends on where you are?

If youre in Queensland forget it.....thank the great barrier reef for that one

If youre in NSW.....well.....either run, or paddle out

Cheers mate

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexanderCA
hello !

here in austria europe !!
we had a severe storm on saturday 26 until monday 28
winds about 150 miles /h in the alps and around 100 miles in the valley
causing alot of damage in the millions of euros.
even in GRAZ roofs where flying around and fronside glasses of builldings
fell down. thats not normal here we dont have storms like this .l
even the wheater experts say such a storm only takes place all 20 years !!

so thats for real some effect

[edit on 30-1-2008 by alexanderCA]

A once in 20 year storm does not mean that an asteroid caused it. It means that the atmospheric conditions that occured that day, only occur on avergae once in 20 years. Due to global warming effects and the natural heating colling cycle of the Earth, stomrs these days are becoming less frequent, but more severe. So expect more of this kind of weather in the short term future

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by percievedreality
Good point, in my lifetime I have learned that the weatherman is sure to be wrong, at least 80% of the time.

Well I dont know where you live, but that seems unlikely. Its just a stereotype

I know you know what the jet streams are. Curious as to how these flows of pressure are mostly contained at upper altitudes!

Yes I do know what it is, but you obviously dont.

Jet Streams are high altitude winds found at around 30,000ft where adjacent air masses of warm and cool air collide. They are winds not pressure, although air pressure is a driving factor in the formation of wind. The reason they form at this height, and not at ground level is becuase of the tropopause, which is the area where the air temperature stops decreasing with height and starts increasing, as it enters the stratosphere. So know I am not curious....I already know

TU24 did effect the earth! It caused effects to the magnetosphere and ionsphere, just as others have stated, look at the graphs. Every astroid (even smaller than TU24, but at least as close as 1.4 LD) have shown changes similiar to those caused by TU24.

Yes it did. I probably worded it wrong, but I was trying to indicate that the effect it would have would not be significant to cause firestorms, natural disasters etc.

Ever heard of HAARP? Sure, you say, but do some more in-depth reading. Even the initial patents filled, state the technological uses of it as having weather changing effects! Yes, humankind has figured out how to control atmosperhic conditions (specifically densities of energies and thus temperatures and pressures) THAT DO AFFECT WEATHER.

As far as i know the only weather modification that works is cloud seeding. Climate control indoors is feasible, with air conditioners, humidifiers etc, but on a global scale it is not feasible. Maybe global warming has an effect to. And by the way, cloud seeding is not 100% effective and only helps assist with the fromation of water vapour in the air....not create it

Sorry, to rip you a new one but, you kind of asked for it by saying, "But what would I know....I'm only a meteorologist"

Sorry for ripping me a new one?......you were far from it, and most your information was flawed

And because it annoys you.....what would I know I am only a meterologist

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join