It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tu24 will not affect the Earth, damn u scaremongers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Whew, I am just happy the beautiful and brilliant ANN COULTER is OK. If anything were to happen to her, I would just have to eclipse the earth forever.........

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm more concerned about those little 6 inch tall guys on Mars on the 30th. Poor little guys

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
To all you scaremongers

Well was I right or right......hmmm or maybe i was right?

See it was a whole lot of BS about something that didnt have an affect on us at all. Now I am just waiting for all the claims of unusual activity that must be attributed to the fly by of Tu24

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Say what? What 6 inch tall guys? Could you link to this please?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkcrt
reply to post by Blaine91555

Say what? What 6 inch tall guys? Could you link to this please?

That was only a rumour, I think he's being sarcastic

There was an image from the Mars rover that showed a strange looking rock formation that looked like a small figure standing behind a rock. Many people believ its proof of life on Mars......to me its just a rock

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

I'm afraid that your figures are way off.
An object of 250 meters would annihilate an area the size of Connecticut.
An object of only 100 meters, if it hit water 1000 km from shore, would result in a wave over 10 stories high moving at several hundred miles an hour. I hope you can walk real fast in 10 minutes. By the way, those numbers come from the
AIAA Space Systems Technical Committee proceedings of July 2002.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yes, the 29th is passed. The galactic menace known only as 2007 TU24 is leaving our proverbial neighborhood. (Personally, I think we should have named it. I'll submit "Eddie" for your collective approval) The threat of fire, brimstone, pestilence, and variations of wailing and gnashing of teeth has eluded us.
This sucks. I can't wait for Nubiru!

[edit on 29/1/08 by cbianchi513]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Psssht, you guys are all suckers. The whole blown up story of this asteroid was just a cover up for the real asteroid Tu25. Man they really got you.

All jokes aside, thanks for trying to keep some sanity in here, some times it goes to far.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Oz, well said.

As I've studied Astronomy most of my short life, this type of asteroid encounter is common. An object of roughly the same size is expected to pass this close to Earth every 5 or so years. With no chance of hitting or affecting Earth. However, the kicker is that this size object is also recorded to impact the Earth on an average of once every 37,000 years.

Also - any of you thinking that this is a sign of things to come are going to be disappointed when I tell you that the next object of this size (that we currently know of) isn't going to be seen in our vicinity until 2027.

It's safe to check asteroids off of your 2012 list

Source:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
actually, follow the tu24 post, and at the top, there is a link to like pg 84 or something. (sorry, don't know how to post links) you need to scroll down, and there is this guy with a link to a 40 hour old magnetic field pic, and a current website that updates. look at the oldest ones ( the saved ones down the bottom) now look at 6 minutes before 833 IT. from then on out, the magnetic field has been CRAZY! Which is what was predicted to happen! Not an impact, as most never said it would. Now I don't have any reall old pics of the field that stretch over, say 6 months, but I do know that something is going on since the passing of tu24. Again, don't know what it means.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Alright - perhaps this will clarify those claims.

www.badastronomy.com...

Watch the video - though this guys kinda goofy - he's right.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
That Video? I have already seen it. A mod can post the link to the above (what I said two posts ago) and you will see, WITH YOUR OWN EYES, that the earths magnetic fields went nuts around ten minutes prior to the event yesterday, and ever since. Wait I WILL figure how to post these links....
www2.nict.go.jp...
like 40 hours ago
www2.nict.go.jp...
current. Check the archives on this bottom link. check BEFORE the event, (0833 IT), and you will see that the one at 827 is where it getys CRAZY. then keep following all the others. now look before 827 on the 29th. all normal. WT Hey? I just don't know how to look at much older ones.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
No asteroids will strike the earth for a long time.

I reckon we will destroy ourselves and this earth with our selfish ways if we continue on with the way we live.

I am more afraid of humans destroying this planet than a hunk of rock.

We have enough WMD on earth to annihilate us into oblivion.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by BobbyLazer]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This website shows a 2D representation of the magnetic field lines. If you look at their example, shown here:

www2.nict.go.jp...

You can see how this picture resembles the one you think is "crazy". These are normal fluctuations from other factors (i.e. solar wind)

[edit on 29-1-2008 by SolPower]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Just seems a little too coincidental. being as I was watchingthis live last night, and then BAM, right when this asteroid approaches....
So even if it looks natural, or happens with solar wind, isn't it possible this begins a domino effect?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Definitely, anything is possible since we understand so little about the maneuvering of magnetic field lines - time will tell if you are right - it could become increasingly worse - highly doubtful though.

So far looks normal to me and I suppose others.

Although - there's always room for errors in science

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Whay has my link been removed? No one can show me an older picture that matches the current one, can they? seriously?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolPower
So far looks normal to me and I suppose others.

Looks normal to me as well, I dont know what he was seeing

I am still pretty sure that asteroids of that size will not make a dent in the magnetic field. They are way to small, large moons dont even have an effect

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If it was charged the right way? what would we know? and how can you say it looks normal. It looks nothing like it did a week or so ago. or anytime in between. I have a physicist buddy, and he agreed it looked wacky.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

What would we know? Then how do you and your physicict buddy know what it normally looks like? Do you follow the magnetic fields changes daily?

What was the impact of the magnetic field changes on the Earth? I dont know of any

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join