It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tu24 will not affect the Earth, damn u scaremongers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have had an absolute gut full of all this talk about Tu24 affecting the Earths magnetosphere, causing firestorms, plasma discharges, affecting weather, causing natural disasters etc etc etc. These websites claiming the "threat" to Earth are ridiculous, unlogical, obviously made up and only there for the purpose of scaremongering

Its absolutely unplausible for an asteroid the size of TU24, which is now confirmed at 250m, to cause such an impact on the Earth.

Firestorms are not caused by small asteroids, they are caused through bush fires as heat from them draws in surrounding air and oxygen causing updrafts and turbulent winds that help fuel the fire.

Natural disasters like earth quakes and volcanoes are caused by the movement of tectonic plates and the rupturing of the earths crust. Like a 250m asteroid thats half a million miles away is going to cause the entire pacific plate to crunch against its neighbours. If it were true, I think the moon would be causing a bit of trouble for us

The asteroid will not cause a plasma discharge. Its to small. The largest moon in the solar system, Ganymede, of Jupiter has a charge thats too small to cause trap plasma, so why do people think something thats 250m across can do it? In my opinion (and it should be quite obvious) its all a bunch of lies.

Oh, and any of you that thinks it going to affect the weather.....just remeber, I am a meteorologist

:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Ok, now I want to see if anyone will porve me wrong.....ro if anyone will even bite in that case

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ok last ditch effort to keep it on the front page.

Why is it that anything that is suggesting Tu24 is getting a number of posts, while when someone suggests something that attempts to debunk it, it gets few posts?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
'Cause of the fact you flat out said Tu24 will not hit earth. People would rather it hit earth. Makes it more interesting. You also phrased it a bit insultingly, so it probably turns people off.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Here Here!

Even if the asteroid somehow manages to hit us it will do little damage as a 250 meter asteroid is nothing. Besides how much of that 250 meters will burn up in the atmosphere? I am getting as sick of the doomsday threads as you are.

I commend your thread!

[edit on 1-28-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Thanks mate, I just read over it and I can understand how it may have looked. I wasn't intending it to be rude to anyone

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, i am very happy to hear it.

I'm chain smoking and very upset- so i am going to trust you. If you're wrong and we all die, i will COME AFTER YOU. Hear??

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Haha

Well say by some extremely small chance I am wrong.....you can kick my butt for eternity in the afterlife

Hows that sound?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A GD voice of reason? I must be crazy. The asteroid must've hit me. I've died... and this thread is heaven. Thanks OzW!!!! I've seen an influx... maybe of something viral to this. Wink. It's an external influence. From without. It almost seems organized... LOL. Standing O for OzW!!!

Cheers and cheers,

Vic

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Thanks for that. I have noticed that you have been posting some stuff on the other thread, that actually makes sense to me and others that know the REAL situation.

Its good to see that common sense and plausibilty does count for something around here

[edit on 28/1/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

actually a 250 meter asteroid is quite a bit

remember the arizona crater? can't recall the actual name... well it was created by an asteroid roughly 130 feet (40 meters) and the crater itself is 1.3 meters aprox.
so, something 5 times as big WILL do something if it hits earth

and, well, most asteroids do not take too much crossing the upper atmosfere, and telling by those 250 meters it wouldn't do much good to us, humankind

so... bottom line is: if, at any given time, an asteroid of that magnitud hits earth, uuuuff, god help us...
the good thing? it wont hit us any time soon

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim.Hero
reply to post by CPYKOmega

actually a 250 meter asteroid is quite a bit

remember the arizona crater? can't recall the actual name... well it was created by an asteroid roughly 130 feet (40 meters) and the crater itself is 1.3 meters aprox.
so, something 5 times as big WILL do something if it hits earth

and, well, most asteroids do not take too much crossing the upper atmosfere, and telling by those 250 meters it wouldn't do much good to us, humankind

so... bottom line is: if, at any given time, an asteroid of that magnitud hits earth, uuuuff, god help us...
the good thing? it wont hit us any time soon

Yeah, your 100% right

Its the fact that people are thinking this a "world destroying" asteroid thats the annoying thing at the moment. And the absurdity of some people saying that its going to disrupt the magnetosphere and cause chaos on earth etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well you know we could always grab some large bits of space junk and coax it into our planet using differential gravity... At least then the "Fear Mongers" would have something to be "afeared" of...

All jokes aside, any anomalies that people are supposedly experiencing can only be localized or imagined. Yes, if the Asteroid were to hit us it would cause a good sized dent. Most likely it would hit water though causing a small wave instability. Over 50% of the mass would be lost entering our atmosphere. If it hit a densely populated area then it may cause some culling of the heard but the chances of that would be slim to none. This of course does not matter in the least as it has no chance whatsoever of hitting our marble.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ok, the closest approach is 1:33 am here (MST) and I shall go outside at that time and look for the asteroid

Good luck, guys...

edit - oops, wrong thread, sorry.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So my dear OZ....what you are telling me is this. I can put a big red "X" on the calendar....as one more doom and gloom prediction that wont be happening?

*shrug*

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hello,

I've said this on the other thread but, I will say it again just because I like to hear myself type...kidding.

Anyway, ATS exists for alternative news, etc. For those of us who were truly interested in understanding the science, communication and NEO community in general...of which there were apparently many, this was a prime opportunity.

I, for one, have learned a great deal....some of it very disturbing. By disturbing I am not talking about the asteroid's threat. What we have learned is that NASA's website is held up by o-rings as it continues to crash periodically.

Communication of any significant event like this is way down-played both on the NASA site and in the MSM for reasons that are really unclear. Data is widely viariable among sources of which there are few. No one, and I mean no one, is interpreting this data in lay terms for the general public who may have a passing interest in Near Earth Objects and our growing understanding of them. We often don't see NEO's until they get close or after they have gone whizzing by. There is a significant divide among the NEO community on how, when and under what guidelines to re-direct an asteroid if and when a threat is detected.

And lastly, there are a whole bunch of people out there who have an interest in this stuff and have turned to ATS for data that is sorely lacking anywhere else. That's why this place is so amazing. It does offer a real alternative. There is a very real difference between fear and inquiry. For what it's worth...this is my opinion. That's why the 2007 TU24 thread has grown so significantly and the valuable information that has come from that growth...not to mention...ok, I will mention it, the significant scientific understanding that was imparted by those few who knew what industry-specific terminology meant...and were willing to spoon feed it to the rest of us. There were many of them and they were invaluable.

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

What I find interesting is the number of people that say that NASA is unreliable and keep secrets, and then believe the exact opposite of what information NASA provides. For example, they say that aliens dont exist, therefore everyone says NASA is lying and aliens do exist (sorry to use that example). But in the original TU24 thread, its says NASA is concerned about Tu24 and everyone goes along with it, then exaggerating it, while bagging out NASA at the same time. Its really confusing

Just to add, if it were a threat to the earth, at least one of the many astromoners around the planet, would put it into words that everyone can understand

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
If people only looked it up they would see that a 250 metre asteroid is literally a drop in the ocean. If it did hit people would only have to walk about ten minutes away from the coast line and they'd be safe. That's if it hit because it's most likely to hit the ocean.

But it's not going to hit

edit: and that's walk not run, because any tsunamis would take hours to reach coastlines.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by monkey_descendant]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Very well written thread. Ok so what is the next doomsday thread to look forward too?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

This one :

We're toasted !

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Rigel]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join