It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush's last hurrah... The State of the Union Address...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
GWB is now center stage... His last real "bully pulpit" event. He will now be fully eclipsed by the 2008 Presidential Primaries and subsequent Conventions and National Elections. The nuanced camera shots, who is with who and who is clapping for what (or even better, who is frowning at what) is the name of the game tonight.

I couldn't help but notice the pregnant camera pause of Barack Obama standing next to that drunk Ted Kennedy... The inference is all to obvious, but I think Barack would be better served to dig up Jack and be seen with the corpse rather than be tied to the philandering murderer... Errr... The Senior Senator from the People's Republic of Massachusetts.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Another observation...

I couldn't help but notice that the Democratic side of the isle has stood and applauded on each "security statement." This is no doubt a conscious effort to prevent any "soft on defense" campaign spots in the coming election.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Did you catch that woman getting GW's autograph at the end? She said, and I quote, "You make me proud to be an American." WHAT????????? That was the funniest thing I have ever heard.
I agree with you on Obama spooning with Errra Theodore Kennedy. Unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I enjoyed the mostly entertaining State of the Union. It seems to be such a game these days , instead of original thought and inspiring barrages of well thought out, mood enhancing pep talks, the represenatives seem to be on bi-partisan display. I don' t find any praticallity in showing the seperation of these parties. Maybe they should mix them all up and cut out the partisan seating, as it seems to portray and support predjugises.

It's also amusing seeing the election year rush play out, such as a sudden concern for spending. Where was that billions of dollars ago?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by azblack

When you are a lame duck and under a year the balance on the people's checkbook doesn't matter as much. GWB's principal fiscal concern now is the funding of his library (insert coloring book joke here). I definitely felt my wallet get thinner as the speech went on..,. 70 applauses is too many for this fiscal conservative... But it's just a blush of the irresponsible spending that is on the cusp.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

No doubt as He's bound to make history with the inclusion of snoopy. I wonder what year the Amero will make into the address. Maybe the irresponsible spending sets up this transition. Some alternative to the Fed. (I'm sorry, bank's corporation in Govt.) is inevitable. I'm not sure what that will be, but they will most likely put the Fed in charge of it anyway. They'll just name it something else to get over on everybody.

Where's the U.S. Treasury, M.I.A. I'm afraid!!!
No solutions to be found in politics obviously. I thought a 150$Billion dollar levy against the Dollar would be a bad move at this point, but will spend the money just the same. Pay debt with more debt, a novel idea. More intrest equates to more money for the FED, i'm begining to wonder who's really in charge.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Its all to little to late when it comes to Social Security , fiscal sanity and other domestic issues. Rather then be assertive Bush was passive with Congress and put up with the truck load s of pork in order to get his domestic agenda passed . Truth be told Clinton was more fiscal conservative Bush and more had better dealings with the Republican Congress.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I couldn't help but notice the pregnant camera pause of Barack Obama standing next to that drunk Ted Kennedy...

OH! Okay...I couldn't figure out what seemed wierd about Ted. I should have known. I think I'd have to be drunk, too, to put up with all that BS.

new topics

top topics

join