It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China establishing a military base in Iran?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

For the actions taken by a country's government are not always endorsed by it's public.

True, but frankly, it doesn't matter.

When the government in question becomes a threat to others, they're going to respond, and civilians are going to die.

The US has been extremely lucky.
We've been fighting wars in other people's countries and killing them like flies for decades now. Eventually they're going to return the favor, one way or another.

9-11 was a mere hint of the kind of thing that is likely to come, from one bunch of people we have stepped on or another.

Not that I think 911 was justified, at all.
I simply think things like that are inevitable in a "every action creates an equal and opposite reaction" kind of way.

And like I say, so far we've been lucky.

IMHO we'd be much better off if we minded our own business, trading peacefully with all, and only using force when we are given no other choice.

[edit on 1/29/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
damned kids wanting to have the most marbles........

how childish!!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
IMHO we'd be much better off if we minded our own business, trading peacefully with all, and only using force when we are given no other choice.
[edit on 1/29/08 by xmotex]

I 100% agree with that. Speak softly and carry a big stick, always believed that to be the best policy. I also agree we have been lucky so far, it just saddens me to think that ordinary people from other countries, would want to see harm come to other ordinary people from a different country.

I say stick the government people in a giant arena and let them have at it, since that's what they seem to want to do all the time. Let the rest of us live our lives, it's just a shame the rest of the world doesn't think that way

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join