It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smallpox response might include quarantine of entire cities!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If terrorists using smallpox as a weapon started an epidemic in an American city, public health officials might need to consider imposing a quarantine to stop the spread of the fast-moving deadly disease.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Dont take the vaccines it is more than likely been put into the vaccines. Let them try and contain all of us. That will be the time that special forces will live up to there name. And there name shall be Bananna's

Falcon

Bring on the Bio attack.

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Do you think that's why they have been erecting concentration camps all, over the U.S.? Or is this a new type Smallpox and our governments aren't even sure the vacine will work? In other words why build a bridge when there's no river? I even heard on one news source that even if you are exposed you still have time to get the vacine. I'm thinking their not expecting the vacine to work. Or is it because by the time they get around to giving it to the general public the vacine will be watered down? Than of course theres those who can't tolerate the vacine like one's with low immune systems. ie the elderly, aids patients ect..... Will they automatically take them to the camps? I don't know this is beginning to sound like the movie " Logan's Run". Thinning out the herd. Survival the Fittest.

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 10:21 PM
link   
MountainStar, there AREN'T any concentration camps.

Nowhere.

Seriously. Sart asking some of your sources just where those camps are (locations). Then go look at those places on satellite maps...or, better yet, do what I did: Go look at them.

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Byrd say's,

MountainStar, there AREN'T any concentration camps.

Boy, I sure hope you are right.
I heard otherwise and I'll try to find out where that information came from. But the person who stated this seemed pretty sincere. Of course I didn't check out the information like yourself.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Its still just as bad as being in a concentration camp. I imagine things like food, medications etc... would be hard to come by very shortly. How long do they keep the quarantine in effect? Until everyone is dead?!!!? I am guessing chaos and anarchy would quickly over run a "quarantined" city.

The funny thing is, as I first read this article, the thing that came to my mind was the x-files movie, where the man was telling mulder that the government was planning on faking a breakout of a plague, and clamping down the whole country, not allowing travel.

However, some cities it may be possible to quarantine, but large cities I dont think you could completely seal them off.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What about people who've already been vaccinated for small pox? Would they still try to force it on people who've already been vaccinated (& then *exposed* to an infected person without catching it)? I got mine way back when they were first becoming available for the public...I was still a small kid at the time, back in the mid-60's. (Whenever I phrase things like that, I feel sooooo *old*!)

Yet, from what I've heard (I don't remember the source, but it's on these forums somewhere), they'll be using the *same batches of vaccine* that were originally made that long ago! All of that unused, old stuff has been sitting around frozen since then! I don't know about you, but if I had to have a vaccine, I'd be more apt to trust stuff that was made recently, compared to the relative levels of of technology in manufacturing vaccines since then.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Also, you will still require a booster.
I know, I was also vaccinated when I was young, but I think it was Byrd pointed out that a boostrer is still required. I was reading a study where they tested the vaccine on 200 people. 75 of them got fevers from the vaccine. I am not too worried for myself, but my parents are elderly, and I do not really want them to get the shot, if it can kill them. This is not the study itself, I will have to try and find the original report on MSNBC...

www.stratiawire.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Will the quarantined cities be subject to Martial Law?

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Definitely. However I get the sense that it is more likely that such a city would be left to fend for itself, and any troops outside of the city containing the people within would have strict orders to shoot to kill on sight and burn the remains right where they fall.

I cannot see the feds taking any chances, or exposing anyone unneccessarily (troops etc..). My feeling is that if a city became quarantined, it would not be a good place to be. [/understatement] I can envision a complete breakdown of law and order, rule of anarchy, wholesale looting...

There may be troops brought into the city to remove and burn any corpses.

Of course there is always a bright side to this. They may just decide to nuke a city to burn everything, and alleviate alot of pain and suffering. However I have seen enough horror movies to know that ultimate solutions never pan out the way they are supposed to.

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Me thinks perhaps it is the horror movies that we've over-exposed ourselves to that is fueling this thread.

They are suggesting that, although the vaccine is available to everyone that everyone not get it.
Smallpox is contagious only during the high fever/high symptom stage, and that the vaccine will still work 4 days after catching the disease.

The ones that are needed to take the vaccine are the emergency and medical personnel.

Come on Willie, you know that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. And cheap, crappy beer.

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That's NOTa Real Festive atmosphere you paint William One Sac.

So do you think I should take the Free Submachine Gun Course at "Front Sight FireArms Training Institute"?
Their not too far from me.

see url below

www.frontsight.com...

I figure out of a billion rounds I should be able to hit something!

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My overall feeling on the smallpox vaccination is that this has little to do with a real threat, and more to do with a large-scale test scenario. Maybe to gauge the public response, the mortality rates, the mass vaccination/quarantine procedures etc etc.
If a weaponized strain is used as a bioterror agent do you think this vaccination based from the old stuff will be effective? come on.... I really think this is just a large scale test so we'll be prepared for what may come.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
just a look back from the future
very interesting stuff

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Did you know that smallpox was totally eliminated from the human population? The CDC kept it alive in case there was another outbreak in the future. The american military had it also. Somehow samples were sent to Iraq and Iran? For study? If you don't trust the vaccine you can always do it the old fashioned way, catch cowpox and develope resistance to smallpox. Smallpox is not the next big scary thing. That particular monster is easily restrained and killed. Isolation of any disease is the first step, first the city than the people who actually have the disease. Those exposed are separated, innoculated and monitored. The incubation period is known, so following strict "MEDICAL" procedures are the correct steps to take. For all of us.

top topics

join