It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really need to get out of the house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Does anyone else feel like this? I live in the Midwest, and it has been a cold and snowy winter. The last couple days the weather has been great, but I have been stuck in the office/house. Too much work to do, but it just happens to fall on the nice weather days. Tomorrow will get super cold again and I will probably be here with nothing to do, but unable to enjoy it. /Sigh

Cabin fever at it's worst right here folks, no lie. I want to hear from some other people stuck inside so I don't feel so bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I Make it a point to try and get out of the house at least once a day.. I mean work obviously but I mean when I'm off work.. I try to get out and do something.. I can't stand being in the house all day.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

Hail Roland of Gilead!

Wow what a coincidence that my favorite character of all time responds to my plea. You are well met here Roland! Thankee sai for your support!

Man I bet people would pay good money for that name

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Roland is my favorite character too...

Long days and pleasant nights sai

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

I am not sure where you are in the midwest, but I used to live in the Chicago area. Some large shopping malls open their doors early before the shops, for people just to walk. Some have pretty green plants in them. Might help with the winter time blues, anyway!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have to leave the house, otherwise i can't get the bus too work!

Scottish weather is pretty poor at the moment, and i just hate leaving the house if it's cold outside.

But i have too

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm stuck inside and have nowhere to go, too. So you are not the only one who has lots to do in front of the computer, for example. The whole week has been nothing but gray clouds and rain. HOWEVER, today was beautiful with lots of fluffy, puffy white clouds against clear blue skies. I went out and took pictures of these blessings and then went back inside to upload into my computer. Ah me.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I am wondering if I have become agoraphobic because of how much time I spend inside now. And I used to hardly ever be home when I lived back home in Australia, was always out in the sunshine, on the beach or just out walking and loved the night even more. You couldn't keep me home cold or hot weather!

Out here in Japan I find I get depressed a lot when I go out, for no apparent reason, guess I just don't like it here.
I feel all out of my element and just don't enjoy myself much when I go out, well alone anyway. I used to go out for walks all the time, just to get fresh air and here I just don't like to do it. No idea why that is but I am happier staying indoors.

I haven't even felt comfortable enough here to go out and get a job, I don't have to work but I would like to. Just don't want to here. I'd say this is culture shock at it's best (worst)

10 months of this to go *sigh*

I hope Spain is nicer to live in than Japan.

Don't feel bad Steve, at least you are being somewhat productive and when it's cold it's the best excuse to stay in and rug up in front of a good movie or fire

[edit on 29-1-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Yeah I know what your talking about mate! I feel like im going crazy, just go to work and home, and now with this bitterly cold and windy weather comming I fear its only going to get worse...

top topics

join