It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel's hole

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LeperMessiah

Remember Mel is just some awesome country bumpkin. You have to forgive him for not being scientific about the whole... bottomless hole thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I thought Mel and his hole faded into hoax land a long time ago, I am glad to see a resurgence in this story.

This was one of the first paranormal epics that I had ever followed.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
eh 15 miles?

I dont wanna rain on anyones parade, but if he lowered fishing line, or anything rope like, would it not jus coil when it hit the bottom?

how would you know it hit the bottom?

hardly a decent way of measuring the depth of a hole

silly story imo

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The one pound weight he used maintained tension. One pound on a light line = taut line. When or if the weight hit an obstruction the line would no longer be taut. It never went slack- it never hit bottom.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

He Tied a weight to the end of it. and before he got quieted It was still hanging by itself...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So do you people believe that the government covered it up?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A group tried to find the hole back in 2002, they did not have any luck. I always wondered who "Mel Waters" was. I live in Washington and know the area pretty well.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freaky_Animal
www.melshole.com...

Seems like the creator of this website lost interest and shut the forum down.

However, Mel Waters was on C2C, and here's link to torrent and direct download:

torrents.thepiratebay.org...

turbo.peteronline.net...

[edit] Mel Waters
In 1997 the local newspaper the "Tri City Herald" reported that Waters was not listed in the Kittitas County telephone directory or the register of taxpayers, and that authorities in Ellensburg were unable to find any evidence that he was a resident, thus calling into question whether he existed [4]

also from wiki

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Depends on spelling of his name, his real first name, etc.etc.etc.

But it is interesting nonetheless. There are other holes in WA state though- Mel isn't associated with the others. Albeit they are much less spectacular.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has done this yet but here is a screen shot I took after looking it up on Google Earth and it seems to coincide with the location blotted out in other images:

Almost undoubtedly that isn't correct. Google has three locations for "Mel's Hole" and only this one seems the most viable. One of the other ones is in a compact neighborhood and the other is about 15 feet from someone's house.

If you want to see for yourself and get up close, type in "Ellensburg, Washington" into Google Earth then "Mel's Hole." The best fit is in the middle bottom. Not sure if it is it or not (probably isn't) but you'll see a white sun-hit area once you zoom in. Looks man made more than anything else.

[edit on 2/5/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
I am seriously going to foot the bill for an expedition to this place.

Checking flights right now.

I think this is either the puzzle piece for the soon-to-be-uncovered virus epidemic amongst our cannibal food animals and/or a genuine hollow earth entrance.

Here be dragons??

Wow, I have heard some freaky stuff about security on the place, I would be careful If you are just going to show up.

But I want to go soooo badly.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Considering I've been around that area more than a few times and never heard of some 15 mile deep hole...it seems unlikely. I got a kick out of it when I first heard it on coast2coast AM though...

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Bummer.

I have two neat files on this now and both are roughly equal in size- one is on the Hole and the other is on the non-existence of said Hole... but still there are other holes in WA so the expedition is still inching forward at present.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If he tied 5 spools of fishing line together then you wouldnt feel it hit the bottom even if he had a one pound weight tied to the end.

5 spools of fishing line weigh more than a pound, so even if the one pound weight touched bottom 15 miles below you would still have a lot of weight pulling on the line. Right?

Im sure there is a better way of measuring a 'bottomless' pit.

Im sure its deep, but 15 miles deep is a stretch to my logic.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah the 15 miles or whatever thing is less important to me. The "it's really deep" part is fine. Plus the other stuff like the "used cow collection" service etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Why would you go thru all the trouble to haul dead cows to a hole in the middle of nowhere when a furnace would suffice.

Why take the chance of polluting the ground water with mad cow disease?

Ive been on farms and I believe burning is the smart thing to control disease not bury.

My question is what causes deep holes like that and elsewhere, water, lava...?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
lol i was readign the story he linked.
it never dawned on me till that other guy said he wanted to go explor it...

he said he wasted 15mile's of FISHIGN LINE... till he gav up....

fishing line i could probly unravel 15mile's worth and it not fill my bedroom.

it would coil up twist and ect...

get what im tryin to say?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ah you really shouldn't have started up this thread. I do believe this is how I morphed into the she devil of portal consciousness. Thanks for the memories.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
Yeah the 15 miles or whatever thing is less important to me. The "it's really deep" part is fine. Plus the other stuff like the "used cow collection" service etc.

Doghead...I've personally done a great deal of research on both topics that you appear to be researching, hollow earth/subterranean caverns - and even moreso, BSE - otherwise known as "mad cow".

One of my articles is "The World Below" - Link Here if you're interested.

I'd be interested in assisting with your expedition that you're putting together - and I may be able to bring some resources along that can assist with biological and/or geological aspects of the study - some folks with access to lab equipment, or folks who have access who might be able to conduct soil sample tests, etc...

Please send me a U2U when/if you can - and if you're looking for expedition team members and resources. I'd be pleased to throw my own efforts, sources, research, etc...into the ring with you.

There's a great deal of information out there, as yet not made public, about the BSE epidemic, and the potential human equivalent. From what I've read and the folks I've talked to personally, I'm absolutely convinced there's a great deal more to the story...and it's a story that sadly the public is not being as informed as they should be.

Hope to talk with you soon.

Best,
-Ryan

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I definitely agree with "John Titor" about the BSE epidemic. Scary stuff.

Mel's Hole- the expedition takes a step forward tonight, we're going to tour the USA for just over a year shooting footage and sending stuff for docos back to the producers.

Meeting another money guy tonight for dinner, so by Monday a few different things will have gelled more.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join