It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666 Having anything to do with Satan is wrong. It is a sign from God!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

If he was a good man? you must believe what he taught was true and what he taught was satan was real, if you don't think he taught that then he must be a liar so he couldn't be all that extraordinary all that good.

Someone can believe someone to be a good man and not agree with everything that comes out of his mouth. My father was a great man, but he was a man and therefore, flawed. Jesus was a man and therefore, not perfect.

Plus, do we have anything that was actually written by Jesus? Or do we only have what other people wrote and said it to be the words of Jesus?

Believing something to be true and having it be false, does not make someone a liar. A liar would know it was false and say it was true. 2000 years ago a lot of things were believed to be true that have been proven false today.

Example: bloodletting. When Jesus was alive, it was believed that bloodletting would help you feel better.

The Talmud recommended a specific day of the week and days of the month for bloodletting, and similar rules, though less codified, can be found among Christian writings advising which saints' days were favourable for bloodletting.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Were the people that believed in bloodletting liars? No. Were they wrong? Yes.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

If he was a good man? you must believe what he taught was true and what he taught was satan was real, if you don't think he taught that then he must be a liar so he couldn't be all that extraordinary all that good.

Someone can believe someone to be a good man and not agree with everything that comes out of his mouth.

*yawn*

My father was a great man, but he was a man and therefore, flawed.

Jeeeez man you just got to beat things to death don't ya.

Umm yeah,, I think it would be safe to assume,, everyone would know your father was a man and "therefore flawed"

Jesus was a man and therefore, not perfect.

How do you know? where is your proof.
(see two can play at this silly game)

Plus, do we have anything that was actually written by Jesus? Or do we only have what other people wrote and said it to be the words of Jesus?

That all depends on who I am talking to,, I mean are you the one that seems to keep splitting hairs, setting up qualifiers, asking more questions as if they were wanted and then answering questions I never asked. Do you have something written by jesus? Or did you come up with your opinion about him reading something else. Was that something else written by jesus or someone claiming to be jesus. was it someone who merely knew jesus and says so?

Believing something to be true and having it be false, does not make someone a liar. A liar would know it was false and say it was true. 2000 years ago a lot of things were believed to be true that have been proven false today.

Ya don't say? So if my data isn't written to your satisfaction then please share with us where you formulated your opinion, how you know he was an extraordinary man and if you would be so kind as to quit reminding me "who was a man" because so far you are making assertions that you haven't once substantiated, if you are going to hold me to a set of standards regarding if MAN made this or that then I assume you must hold your own ideas, theory etc to the same standard.

You have either something else or you just don't really want to discuss anything and just keep playing games.

So,, whenever you can speak extemporaneously or ever get this thread going somewhere showing why 666 is not satan,,,

send me a u2u.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

You wrongfully quoted this as coming from me. Either change it while you have the chance, or MODS: please fix his post so it does not reflect these words coming from me, as they DO NOT!!

Answer from Conspiriology:
That all depends on who I am talking to,, I mean are you the one that seems to keep splitting hairs, setting up qualifiers, asking more questions as if they were wanted and then answering questions I never asked. Do you have something written by jesus? Or did you come up with your opinion about him reading something else. Was that something else written by jesus or someone claiming to be jesus. was it someone who merely knew jesus and says so?

How can the answer to this question depend on who you are talking to? It's either a yes or a no (wouldn't the answer be the same no matter who you were talking to?). Why don't you just answer the question? You say I'm playing games? I have asked serious, precise questions and stated quite clearly my opinions. The above response from you is what? Is it an answer? Or is it the ramblings of someone that is trying to dance around the issue and refuses to answer simple questions? I've answered your questions. You can't answer simple questions yourself?

You'd make a great politician!

please share with us where you formulated your opinion

I formulated my opinion in my brain.

if you are going to hold me to a set of standards regarding if MAN made this or that then I assume you must hold your own ideas, theory etc to the same standard.

I'm not holding you to anything. If your opinions do not agree with mine, then I am quite fine with that. I've already explained why I believe what I believe. What have you done? I'll answer that for you: NOTHING! I just went back and read your posts. I have answered your questions and you haven't answered a single one of mine. And again, you say I am playing games?

I came here to discuss my belief that 666 is a sign from God.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

here is an interesting fact.... no interpretation about this

At longitude 66.6 north, for 3 days during winter (cold dark season on earth) Dec 22, 23, and 24th....(these dates vary slightly due to the earths wobble) winter solstice is when this happens.... the sun of god does not come above the horizon,(remains in underworld, to use ancient term) we cant see the sun of god directly. Venus (known as 2nd sun in ancient time) shines instead, but on Dec 25th the sun of god is reborn and sheds his light directly on us again, that is until Summer solstice when its(the sun) decline begins again towards the "under world" we call it "the horizon" now (derived from Horus has risen, Horizon), Set was the brother of Horus(sun) Sun Set

maybe that is a clue? who knows, we can guess

[edit on 3-2-2008 by KanehBosm]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KanehBosm

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the post!

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Jesus was the Son of God, as in God in human form that came down to Earth to die for our sins, then he was actually resurrected from the dead. In essence, as God he resurrected his human form to the immortal life of our savior, Jesus Christ. He will be coming again.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

Your opinion on Jesus is great, but still, your opinion. I believe in one God: God. If God chose after billlions of years to appear on Earth, I think he would have done a hell of a lot more to set this planet on the right path. Nothing changed with the arrival and death of Jesus, except a new religion formed whose sole purpose was to control the masses and destroy anyone that didn't agree with them.

Do you think this is what God and Jesus wanted? That's easy, NO! Jesus was mortal. He didn't die for our sins. We sin because we are human and God understands this because HE MADE US!! He loves us inspite of our errors and wants us to focus on our strengths, not our weaknesses. He certtainly wants us to repent and learn from our mistakes, but not to dwell on them and feel guilty due to these mistakes. When we make mistakes and ask God for forgiveness, He gives that forgiveness uncondtiotionally and then forgets those mistakes and expects us to do the same and move on.

He doesn't want us to dwell on the past, but move on and learn and become better people in the future. We can't do that if we are living our lives weighed down by all out mistakes in life. Understand the mistake, ask for forgiveness AND MOVE ON!!

No one needed to come down to Earth to forgive our sins. God has been doing that all along and always will. That doesn't mean to sin all you want. I can sin all I want as I have free will (which God gave me) but I choose not to sin. I am not perfect and make mistakes, but I have God in my life (not Jesus, the mortal prophet) and I am happy, content, possess serenity, etc. Jesus didn't give this to me, God did.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Excitable_Boy

Your opinions are no more valid or invalid than anyone else.
Perhaps the more open ones mind is the more knowledge and understanding may enter in.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

No one needed to come down to Earth to forgive our sins.

I was never going to bother even replying to your thread however:

You don't believe in Jesus but believe in the mark of the beast ?!?

If you do not believe in Jesus, then WHY even bother with your thread titled "666 Having anything to do with Satan is wrong. It is a sign from God!"

Do you realize that 666 was foretold by an Apostle of Jesus Christ? It doesn't take rocket science to compare the title of your thread to your disbelief in Christ to see the whole thing lacks sense or reason...

You can believe whatever you want, but your post literally has no point at all!

[edit on 11-2-2008 by defcon365]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Apocalyptic literature, which, as I understand it, was almost a genre of writing in itself at the time, and that there are many examples of such writings, not just Christian or Biblical - It was written by people who believed that they were living in apocalyptic times - they foresaw the events of their writings happening in their own lifetimes, not some distant far-off future.

I think it's pretty well known that 666 or 616 refers to Nero, the Roman Emperor during the period directly following the traditional timeframe given to Jesus' death. The whore of Babylon is an allegory for the Roman Empire - And both of these relate directly to geo-political events of upmost importance to the writers of this literature. The whole point of such apocalyptic literature was to speak to people about their current situation.

I'll never understand why people think the writers of such apocalyptic literature were writing it in relation to civilisations far removed from their own, 2,000 years in the distant future. It's almost as if some people are longing for death and destruction to come in a global wave to prove their faith - And that is about the most grusome masturbatory fantasy I can think of.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon365

You don't believe in Jesus but believe in the mark of the beast ?!?

No....if you read the title of the thread, I do not believe that 666 is the "mark of the beast." And, if you read any further than the title, you would understand that I also do not even believe in the "beast."

If you do not believe in Jesus, then WHY even bother with your thread titled "666 Having anything to do with Satan is wrong. It is a sign from God!"

Are you serious? I believe in God, not Jesus. Is that so bizarre or hard to believe? There are certainly a lot of Jews on the planet that would agree with me!

Do you realize that 666 was foretold by an Apostle of Jesus Christ? It doesn't take rocket science to compare the title of your thread to your disbelief in Christ to see the whole thing lacks sense or reason...

Really? Show me where in the Bible there is any mention of 666....

You can believe whatever you want, but your post literally has no point at all!

Thanks for giving me permission to believe whatever I want. What I believe is just that, isn't it? My post has no point? Why don't you re-read the title.......

Just because YOU disagree, doesn't mean there is no point!!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
INTERESTING -666- READ PROPERLY IT IS NOT 666 BUT 666.666% ALSO KNOWN AS THE POINT OF NO RETURN OR THE # INFECTED AND DYING IT SAYS HIS # IS 666 THEN A PERIOD CONTINUES AS 666 IS HIS # .MISINFORMATION OR WHAT MORE LIES SOME DAY YOU ALL MIGHT BEGIN TO LEARN

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by picrat

INTERESTING -666- READ PROPERLY IT IS NOT 666 BUT 666.666% ALSO KNOWN AS THE POINT OF NO RETURN OR THE # INFECTED AND DYING IT SAYS HIS # IS 666 THEN A PERIOD CONTINUES AS 666 IS HIS # .MISINFORMATION OR WHAT MORE LIES SOME DAY YOU ALL MIGHT BEGIN TO LEARN

Learn? Learn what? Do you have a source for your information? And if it's the Bible, where in the Bible. Thanks!!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Your information is clearly WRONG. The number of the beast is 666, and its finished, no %.....you either have been lied too or you have no clue what you are talking about..there is no nr 3.

reply to post by picrat

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
He won't be able to provide any substantiation from the bible..maybe from some sort of scientology wacho, "naustic" gospel.....or some new age pot smoker....but not from the truth....he also could be lying.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

pagans- such an interesting word . Considering that it came from the old latin language from the great catholic church just after they killed the christ and became christians-quite amazing wouldn`t you say. PAGAN-means those who live or come from the field`s -the serfs who were to busy working the land to become like the rest of the mindless little sheep in this world now please close your eyes and minds and continue to blindly follow as the tyrants know whats best for you-filling their pockets with gold and nothing else matters to themso continue to re-elect them as our slave masters.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sources, sources, sources......

And, BTW: 666 is not the sign of "the beast." There is no beast. Show me where in the Bible it says 666 is the sign of anything.....

666.666%

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It just occurred to me...

All sorts of numbers are mentioned in the Bible, God created all the numbers anyway, we can pick any number or combination of numbers and they will be blessed by the Great Spirit or Higher Power. So by my convoluted logic, today I'm gonna use 867.5309 for all my power ball picks, lotto, keno; all my wagers. I sure hope the Good Lord smiles on me today!!

If anyone has any suggestions for other numbers I might use, just shoot me a u2u and I will give them my undivided attention for a little while. I can't promise that I will use them, but as I mentioned earlier my math skills are pretty pathetic and I can use all the help I can get. But please don't send me any of those Satanic numbers. They SUCK!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Okay.....

Revelations 13:18

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

source: Bible Concordance from King James version

So there IS mention of 666 in the Bible and that it is, according to the Bible which was written by men, the number of the beast.

Personally, I disagree. It is the number that God chooses to say hi to me with and let me know he's in my corner.

What I don't understand and perhaps there is a thumper out there that can help me: How can it be the number of the beast and the number of a man? Isn't the beast supposed to be Satan? If the beast was a man, didn't he therefore, DIE A LONG TIME AGO?? And.....how can a number be associated with a man or a beast? And.....if the man died a long time ago, then the Bible agrees with me that THERE IS NO SATAN!! (not that I care what the Bible says, again, because it was written by men).

Pretty conflicting sentence in the Bible there and therefore, useless. All that Revelations 13:18 does is contradict itself and thus, says nothing!

666! Hi God!!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I just had an epiphany. I figured something out:

The whole beast/man thing. Just like the Christians want us to believe, Christ was a man and the son of God or sort of a Mini-God (like Mini-Me in Austin Powers movies). Jesus was a man.

Thus, Satan also had a son that came to Earth. Let's call him Son of Satan. Except, he didn't come from emmaculate conception, he was spawn of some unwed prostitute.

That's all I've got so far, but I will be back when the rest of the story comes to me.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join