It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666 Having anything to do with Satan is wrong. It is a sign from God!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is my own experience, but I will do research and add it here as I go. For now, I want to share my belief and my belief is that the whole 666 thing is all wrong. It has nothing to do with Satan because first of all, Satan doesn't exist.

God DOES exist. The number 666 comes up alot in my life (especially lately) and also the numbers 111, 222, 333.....

I have had a lot go on in my life in the last year and have prayed to God quite a bit with regards to the many challenges I have had. All of my challenges worked out quite well. Over the last year (during this time of regular talking with God......laying out my situations and asking Him to do His will), the number 666 has come up constantly. On my elliptical machine, on the one at work, on license plates, on reports, phone numbers of business contacts, etc....

As far as I am concerned, this is God's way of reminding me that he is watching over me (or perhaps has someone watching over me...perhaps my deceased father). Every time I see one of these numbers in my life I look up and thank God for his guidance and for watching over me.

I do not believe in religion, but my faith in God is HUGE!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The myth of the 666 is closely related to the worship of the pagan Sun-God

source: www.666myth.com...

Interesting stuff on that website. Many seem to think, wrongly, that Pagans are Satanic. Being "Pagan" became somehow evil at the same time Christianity was introduced. Those crazy Christians had to be better than some group of peoples (actually all non-Christians). Non-Christians either converted or generally experienced genocide.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hi!
The biggest mistake we can make as believers in God (Yahweh/Yahshua) is to not believe that there is a satan/devil or that satan does not exist. There are many places in the Bible that say he/it does exist. Satan is the dragon, the devil that old serpent that deceived the whole world (Rev 20:2-3) The same that beguiled Eve in the Garden, the same that appeared in the book of Job, the same that appears in Zechariah 3:1, the same that desired to sift Peter like Wheat, but Yahshua prayed for Peter, the same that Yahshua rebuked....and so on. It is important to recall that Yahweh does let us know that satan is very real and was cast out of Heaven for exalting himself above Yahweh. Also he tried to tempt our Savior in the wilderness. And Yahshua speaks of seeing satan fall like lightning! (Possibly during the fight with the angel Michael?)

I am a little concerned by your incidences regarding the number 666. It can be a number of reasons why you see it more lately. It could be that you are more aware of this number because; you are seeing that we currently live in a man man man world and God is showing you this. It could be that you are placing too much emphasis or thought on this number so you are picking it up more readily in places where previously you might not have noticed. Refer again to the Scriptures in Rev 13 regarding the entire scenario up to the beast and the number, the number isn't as important as the man behind it. The number in itself cannot harm you, it is the number of "his name" ie; the beast/man.

Your last paragraph is concerning me the most. Yahweh/Yahshua does not 'need' to use numbers, much less THAT number, to show you He is watching out for you, unless of course maybe He is getting you to be more 'aware' spiritially, of the current 'state of affairs' in this world and how close we are to "TheEnd"
Also deceased people DO NOT WATCH over you-this is false teaching and the Scriptures do not support this at all.
Yahshua watches over you. Please be cautious about paying reverence to a number ANY number. We-as believers in Yahweh and The Holy One of Israel Yahshua -do not worship numbers.

I'm happy pleased that you believe God exists and that you don't worship religion. But remember, we follow the Lamb, the Word of Yahweh and He reminds us to DECLARE His name throughout the Scriptures. It's as if you were talking about the most important, esteemed person in your whole life and yet never calling them by their name, only 'sir' or some such title...

We, through Yahshua Messiah are developing a relationship, a personal relationship again with our Father in Heaven by His redeeming grace and mercy.

It is upon the name Yahshua Messiah that ever knee shall bow and EVERY tongue confess that He is, Yahweh IS Salvation, who was and is and is to come forever and ever.

Also of most importance, even for me, is never to test Yahweh. If He says there is a serpent called satan, then there is.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Elisha4Yah

The biggest mistake we can make as believers in God (Yahweh/Yahshua) is to not believe that there is a satan/devil or that satan does not exist.

Maybe that is the biggest mistake YOU can make, but not me. It's not a mistake.....it's a fact. The Bible was written by men, not God!

I am a little concerned by your incidences regarding the number 666

I'm not and you need not be. It gives me comfort!

Yahweh/Yahshua does not 'need' to use numbers

I never said He "needed" to do anything.

Also deceased people DO NOT WATCH over you

This is your opinion and you certainly have a right to it. My opinion is that your opinion is wrong. Souls certainly have abilities beyond our comprehension....wouldn't you agree?

We-as believers in Yahweh and The Holy One of Israel Yahshua -do not worship numbers.

When did I say I worshipped numbers? And who is this "we" you are speaking of? Is Elisha4Yah more than one person? If not, do not speak for me. I can do that, thank you very much.

And as far as your various names, etc.....for God. I have only one name for God and it is God. I haven't a clue what you are talking about with all the "never calling someone by their name only sir" business. God has one name: God.

A little advice: When you give your opinion, try not to lecture.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Did you read the sincerity in my post or just pick out negatives? What is it that offended you?? I don't get it. You are all excited over a number, 666 no less and believe God is giving it to you as a sign, then you say you don't believe the bible, I'm very confused. The bible is the word of God, Yahweh's Son Yahshua, so who again are you listening to or following?

1 Corinthians 2:9-13: "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: ...Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual."

I hope you understand that I only responded and am responding still to your topic because I care. I use the 'we' term for the body of Messiah Yahshua, which I hope includes you and me

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Nothing includes me.

Messiah Yahshua? I thought Jesus was thought to be the Messiah? Who is Yahshua? Personally, I (not we) believe that Jesus wasa mortal prophet. I am not familiar with Yahshua.....if that is another name ofr Jesus, then same thing: mortal prophet.

I wasn't "offended" by anything. And sincerity doesn't turn a pig's ear into a silk purse.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
When I read your opening post in regard to your many challenges that you have had and how you took them before God and those challenges have worked out, I in no way doubt that you were sincerely seeking God for intervention, and, one characteristic of God is that He is a God of mercy and grace.

People get it in their head that if I act a certain way, or do a ceratin thing, I will find favor with God and then He will move on my part. The concept is wrong and at best, the way we humans think. What many people fail to realize about God is that He endeavors to draw men to Himself through His goodness. I can't tell you how many times I have seen theat goodness work within my own life, to the extent that I am overwhelmed and in awe.

It was through that continued goodness that eventually led me to the cross of Christ and His death and shedding of blood for me and the hope of eternal life as found in Christ. Now, after thirty years on this path, I have to honestly say, there is a continual battle that wages in regard to that faith. I realize you say there is no Satan, no Devil. One thing you will find as you endeavor to draw closer to God is that you will encounter opposition. God does have an adversary, and that adversary is continually driven to attack that faith and lay it to waste. But if that adversary can convince you that he is non-existent, then He has laid a good foundation to build his deceit upon.

As for your continual observation of "666" and that being a sign from God in regards to His moving and working in your life, choosing a set of numbers as a foundation to override what God Himself conveyed through men, filled with the Holy Spirit of God, as written in scripture concerning God's adversary, Satan, is at best, not a safe conclusion for you to hold on to; regardless of how many times you encounter the number 666.

I in no way doubt that God has indeed moved upon your challenges in your life and has extended His goodness toward you, and I do not doubt your sincerity in seeking God in that time. Just don't allow the continual sequence of numbers you encounter to override what God has conveyed in writing, writing which He himself spoke through men who had His spirit.

One thing I am confident of, if your heart is sincere in seeking God's will for your life, as seems to be evident, he will indeed lead you to where He wants you, that is truth, and He is far more capable of doing that than any man.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Excitable_Boy.. You say you've read the Bible. well If you had read it and researched it, you'd know the number off the beast is in fact 616.

In May 2005, it was reported that scholars at Oxford University using advanced imaging techniques had been able to read previously illegible portions of the earliest known record of the Book of Revelation, from the Oxyrhynchus site, Papyrus 115 or P115, dating to the mid to late third century. The fragment gives the Number of the Beast as 616 (chi, iota, stigma), rather than the majority text 666 (chi, xi, stigma). The other early witness Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus has it written in full: hexakosiai deka hex (lit. six hundred sixteen).

so relax

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Maybe that is the biggest mistake YOU can make, but not me. It's not a mistake.....it's a fact. The Bible was written by men, not God!

Well if you want to pick and choose your stable datum Sherlock,, then don't steal the 666 out of the bible you seem to disparage as written by men! If I'm not mistaken,, ALL Books are written by men and woman are they not?

So what's your point?

Other then stealing part of it and bastardizing the rest of it putting your own spin on it because God is sending you a sign that he is watching over you. Ya know,, I had enough faith in God that I don't need constant reminders like that.. He is with me always.

of course it does and I get it that you are VERY FOND of your opinions regardless that your entire premise is baseless and if you really believed in GOD assuming since you are using 666 it is the Christian God,, then I fear you will be coming down with stigmata next.

I never said He "needed" to do anything.

Look guy,, if you want to invent a new Religion, one without Satan one where you are the "chosen" one given the 666 sign and it's new meaning for his watching over you then don't use it in in the same context to discredit the christian religion putting down the Bible before you ever picked it up.

This is your opinion and you certainly have a right to it. My opinion is that your opinion is wrong. Souls certainly have abilities beyond our comprehension....wouldn't you agree?

It's this type of comment that demonstrates your argumentative nature, not your ability to argue.

TextWhen did I say I worshipped numbers? And who is this "we" you are speaking of? Is Elisha4Yah more than one person? If not, do not speak for me. I can do that, thank you very much.

A little advice: When you give your opinion, try not to lecture.

Yeah and I got some for you,, next time you want to make extraordinary claims regarding the Bibles 666,, then HAVE SOMETHING SUBSTANTIVE. My god you started your first post saying you are making this up as you go and every time someone challenges your unsupported diatribe,, you break out all the exclamation expressions and get as defensive as anyone who really didn't want to make a thread at all but just wanted to get some attention making no sense at all.

Just how many days have you been up?

- Con

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Nothing includes me.

Messiah Yahshua? I thought Jesus was thought to be the Messiah? Who is Yahshua? Personally, I (not we) believe that Jesus wasa mortal prophet. I am not familiar with Yahshua.....if that is another name ofr Jesus, then same thing: mortal prophet.

This mortal prophet Jesus,, what do you know about him exactly and was he a good person at all?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Well if you want to pick and choose your stable datum Sherlock,, then don't steal the 666 out of the bible you seem to disparage as written by men!

Sherlock? And I have an argumentative nature?
I didn't "steal" 666 from anywhere. Most people believe 666 to symbolize the devil. I do not. What did I steal? I didn't "disparage" anything. I stated a fact that the Bible is written by men.

Ya know,, I had enough faith in God that I don't need constant reminders like that.. He is with me always.

of course it does and I get it that you are VERY FOND of your opinions regardless that your entire premise is baseless and if you really believed in GOD assuming since you are using 666 it is the Christian God,, then I fear you will be coming down with stigmata next.

I don't "need" reminders and never said I did. I just said they were there. Of course I am fond of my opinions...they're mine! Christian God? Is there more than one God? Are you a Pagan? There is one God and His name is God. There is no Christian God, no Jewish God, no Islamic God, no Buddhist God, etc......there is just GOD! When are all you crazy Christians going to figure that simple truth out??

Look guy,, if you want to invent a new Religion, one without Satan one where you are the "chosen" one given the 666 sign and it's new meaning for his watching over you then don't use it in in the same context to discredit the christian religion putting down the Bible before you ever picked it up.

Guy? And I am the one with the argumentative nature? Invent a new religion? I do not believe in religion. I have faith....period! I do not need to discredit the Christian religion. It discredits itself. As soon as Christianity got organized, the Christians began killing off all other peoples that believed something else (unless they were given an opportunity to convert). Great example: Native Americans!

and BTW: I have read the Bible cover to cover three times....that does not mean I have to believe what it says. My biggest problem with the Bible is the whole old God new God nonsense. Nonsense created by Christians for the purposes of controlling the masses.....

next time you want to make extraordinary claims regarding the Bibles 666

Where's my extraordinary claim? I explained something that is a fact in my life. Is my life extraordinary? Is the fact that I do not believe in the devil extraordinary? I think not...

This mortal prophet Jesus,, what do you know about him exactly and was he a good person at all?

I believe he was an extraordinary person. I believe he was a very good man.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Perhaps of all the deceit and lies perpetrated by the 'serpent', the greatest (and clearly successful) accomplishment is to convince 'man' that he doesn't exist...

"sleep my pretty...sleeeep...."

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Perhaps of all the deceit and lies perpetrated by the 'serpent', the greatest (and clearly successful) accomplishment is to convince 'man' that he doesn't exist...

"sleep my pretty...sleeeep...."

What is this, really? The serpent? What serpent? The serpent convinced man that he (the serpent) doesn't exist? Why don't you just come out and say the devil or Satan? And I, through education, convinced MYSELF that there is no devil. Hell is right here on Earth. Example: Christians killing off or attempting to kill off whole races of peoles that do not believe what they want to force upon them. That is hell and that is a hell of a lot more than some stupid made up snake ever did in "Eden."

Similar to what YOU are trying to force upon me now. Are you trying to be intimidating?
It's not working....

"Sleep my pretty....sleeeep?" Are we in Oz now? Are you a hypnotist? Or, perhaps a snake??

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Let's all remain civil on this thread.

That means no name calling, even in a round-about way.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

That means no name calling, even in a round-about way.

Aw jeeze, and after I spent all that time too. But E_B is pretty, I saw his picture.

on topic: I never was much good at math.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Pretty? I think, in a round-about way, that is name calling!

Ref?

On topic: The number 666 came up three times today. I got a call from Canada and the exchnage was 666. I did a proposal for a customer and the cost per month was $6667.00

And.....while I was on the elliptical machine at lunch, the number 66.6 came up on the calorie counter. Pretty cool and weird wild stuff!!

God is cool!

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The greatest achievement that Satan formally Lucifer, ever did was to convince mankind that he doesn't exist. If God exists then Lucifer also exists. It says in the true story of the Bible that 666 is the mark of the Beast. Nothing has changed this truth. Only the efforts to discredit the Bible and the truth about Jesus Christ is the agenda that is universal and has picked up steam.....

The truth will set you free but for the unrighteous it will be torment and eternal damnation.

Jesus is God in human form as he stepped down from Heaven and in order to have a one on one relationship with his creation he came down just like us. His death frees us from the sin, while his resurrection gives us the option of being saved and the promise of eternal life. This is the absolute truth. Satan has taken control of the government since the beginning, leading to the Illuminati, and he is the God of this world along with his demons that are real entities in a dimensional world. This is the truth about the UFO's, nephilims, and what is to come that will be the great delusion. The next war, and the world government will be lead by one man claiming to be the messiah.....he will be the Anti-Christ and son of Satan. Remember that he will be a hero at first, but afterwards a demon. The Rapture will take millions to Heaven and will be explained by the UFO hoax.......then, the anti-christ will come to power. count on this...the timing we don't know.....There is but one God, and his son [God in human form] came to Earth......his message comes through in the Bible....the King James Version or American Standard only.............

reply to post by Excitable_Boy

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
666 came up again today. One of my associates in Indiana called on her cell phone and the last four digits of her number was 0666. Thanks God!!

Now this:

If God exists then Lucifer also exists. It says in the true story of the Bible that 666 is the mark of the Beast. Nothing has changed this truth.

If God exists, then Lucifer exists? Where's the logic in that? There is no logic in that. Once we are free of human form, there is no evil. Therefore, there is no Satan. Hell is right here on Earth. Just watch the news and read up on the history of Christianity.

The true story of the Bible? Does that story differ from the Bible itself? Show me SPECIFICALLY where it says anything about 666 in the Bible.

The truth will set you free but for the unrighteous it will be torment and eternal damnation.

This is Christian nonsense. You are saying that Jews are unrighteous and Muslims and Pagans and Buddhists and EVERY HUMAN that does not agree with you and your fellow Christians. Talk about egocentrism!!

His death frees us from the sin, while his resurrection gives us the option of being saved and the promise of eternal life. This is the absolute truth.

No....this is a story. If we are free of sin, why is there so much horrible behavior going on in the world and why has there always been such horrible behavior even after Jesus "died for our sins?" Free of sin, to a Christian means you can sin freely and just say you're sorry and it's okay. That's not the way I choose to live my life.

His resurrection never happened and there is no option to be saved. Everyone goes to the same place after death. All the crazy Christians, the Pagans, the Muslims, the Buddhists, the Jews, etc etc etc. We all go to the same place. There is no priviledge for Christians......sorry. Basically you are agreeing with all the Christians from the past that committed genocide against non-Christians. If they won't convert, might as well kill them off, right? You are saying that Jews are damned, Muslims are damned, Buddhists are damned, Pagans are damned, etc etc etc. This is pretty sad thinking and illogical and quite naive.

Satan has taken control of the government since the beginning, leading to the Illuminati, and he is the God of this world along with his demons that are real entities in a dimensional world. This is the truth about the UFO's, nephilims, and what is to come that will be the great delusion.

The great delusion? No offense, but I was thinking that whoever wrote this paragraph must be delusional.

The next war, and the world government will be lead by one man claiming to be the messiah.....he will be the Anti-Christ and son of Satan. Remember that he will be a hero at first, but afterwards a demon. The Rapture will take millions to Heaven and will be explained by the UFO hoax.......then, the anti-christ will come to power. count on this...the timing we don't know.....There is but one God, and his son [God in human form] came to Earth......

Again, no offense, but this appears to be the ramblings of a delusional mind. There is one God, correct, so who is this second god? Are you a Pagan? Not that there is anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends are Pagans: Native Americans. Today they are happy that the Christians didn't kill them all off.

his message comes through in the Bible....the King James Version or American Standard only.............

Why are there so many versions of the same story? And, what makes one better than any other? Who decided which was better? Why are there so many if these two you mention are the correct ones? Why are there incorrect Bible versions? What ever happened to the missing books of the Bible? Why were they hidden? Who decided to edit the Bible? Why was God's word editted? Who felt they were empowered to edit God? Does this mean that the writer's of the Bible were actually playing God? They were false prophets?

So, the Bible was written by false prophets and you believe every word it says (only in the King James and American Standard versions of course). We at least know that humans wrote it and different humans had different agendas which created different versions, making all the versions worthless!

666 GOD!! I love you!!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Where's my extraordinary claim? I explained something that is a fact in my life. Is my life extraordinary? Is the fact that I do not believe in the devil extraordinary? I think not...

I never asked if your life is extraordinary, I did not ask about you believing in the devil, but, since you went ahead and answered the question I never asked, I will ask you how you can substantiate the number of the beast or 666 is having nothing to do with satan.

This mortal prophet Jesus,, what do you know about him exactly and was he a good person at all? - Con

I believe he was an extraordinary person. I believe he was a very good man.

If he was a good man? you must believe what he taught was true and what he taught was satan was real, if you don't think he taught that then he must be a liar so he couldn't be all that extraordinary all that good.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I think the OP is basically right .
if the bible says its evil, then I would pretty much
look at the inverted image myself.

3,6 and 9 are the ultimate god numbers.
ps...i`m not into religion either(i thinks its evil).

6 and 9 kinda don`t realy exist cause they are
multiples of 3...3 is the trinity...the symbol of love.

my advice to the Op is....well ..nothing...I like your train of thought .
carry on....lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join