It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! unsettling occurance at night. Dark figure. What was it??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The past few days ive had poor sleep. I cant quite get into deep sleep, so im often waking up as my thoughts switch to a new subject. One night, one of these instances i saw something that has got me on the edge with nerves and a bit shaken.

One night, as I came out of my weak sleep state, i happen to be on my back, (which i never sleep on, only my sides) and i saw something at the edge of my bed by my window hunched over. I only was able to see it for a brief moment because it then turned and went right across my line of sight from right to left, out of my room via the door, rather quickly. Now it was about 5am i figure because the sun was not yet on the horizon, but there was a slight greyishness to my room from the window, whereas this object was saturated black, like a shadow. I assumed it was my dad tho at the moment and sat there with my eyes open wondering what the hell he was doing, said f@#k it because it was too early and went back to sleep, noticing that my blanket was almost off, when its usually in a bunch all about me, which I also thought was weird.

the next day I ask my mom why dad was in my room and she had no idea, and later that night told me he was not in the room at all and wasn't up until 6 or so. This is when i became very uncomfortable and nervous, KNOWING that it was not a dream, because i clearly noted the event and it took up a good minute from noticing to going back to sleep.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might have been? Im curious yet a little nervous to hear them, less I get freaked out even more.

*it is to be noted also, that afterwards my mom said on that morning she went to the bathroom early in the morning, like 2 or 3, and noticed a green glow coming from the washroom, and when she looked again it was gone. Any connections? any advice?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The term given to what you saw is 'Shadow Being.' Many people have evidently experienced such things, though few come forward with their accounts. I've luckily never had a night experience, however I've had a few daytime sightings. (Daytime experiences of these things are I suppose easier to handle, and can be shrugged off as tricks of light, but seeing one of those things at night would absolutely freak me out).

My daylight experiences have always occurred in my peripheral vision, either ahead of me while looking down, or to my side while looking straight ahead. The oddest one was while walking back to my car after work, I glimpsed ahead of me a humanoid shape run into my field of view, pause, and then run back from where it came (taking about 2-3 seconds). The motion was quite discernible as human, and the being was only slightly darker than the background, and seemed to refract light (similar to the Predator). I have no idea what it was, but it was not a person. It occurred maybe 15 meters ahead of me.

Here's a Coast to Coast story on the subject featuring paranormal investigator Heidi Hollis. It’s a 10 part interview & is quite interesting:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I figure I can maybe share my experience with a "Shadow Person" that might give some people some confidence. I actually wrote this out for my dream journal as well since it was an OBE of sorts:

Title: You’d Better Run Sherlock

Date: December 2007 (I didn't record the day it happened this time unfortunately)

I was deep in rest, no dreams, no indexing, just rest when all of a sudden I was “woken” out of sleep. I was not consciously awake but I was lying in bed still with my head up looking around wondering why I woke myself up like this. I was looking down the hall by means of the mirror at the entrance of the room. I thought maybe something was coming through the hall and to my shock there was. He didn’t seem very positive, sort of like seeing a burglar in your house, but as he came into view I could see it was a guy wearing a fedora and a trench coat like Sherlock Holmes(the ones with the extra flap over the shoulders). It was weird since I could see features but he was still a shadow. I started to float up in my astral body and I was about to “roar” utilizing the infinite light that I can call up to get this dick out of my room. As soon as I started to react he picked up on what I was about to do and I got a sense of severe panic from him, like I just pulled out a gun on a person, and he ran out of the house through the wall as fast as he could. I was tempted to follow him and mess him up but he seemed so scared by this encounter with me I sort of doubt he’ll come back without thinking long and hard.

After he ran out, I woke up and looked around, it was still dark(the astral body seems to be able to see lower frequencies of light) with no source of light other then the moon. All was quiet and the presence was gone so I went back to a restful night’s sleep.

I had heard from my wife's friend say something about a guy in a hat and coat that seemed to follow her. I always thought my Wife's friend was full of more wishful thinking then any kind extra sensory perception, but after that it made more sense. I had heard the term "Shadow people" at the time but didn't know anything else (IE how they looked, what they seem to do etc) so it was odd encountering one. I know I didn't make it up as I am a well versed lucid dreamer and know how to "check" things.

After that I listened to the interview that Evasius posted which pretty much confirmed it was one of those guys. I guess the "Sherlock" flavor is relatively new from what she says.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
As for what these shadow being are i believe theres no simple answer as there seem to be many many different things that show up as shades. it could be something from a dimension without light or it could be a government shadow suit or a ghost or a astral traveler etc. i still cant determine if instincts are even reliable around these things so you have to make your own call on whether its hostile or not but i would advise constant energy shielding until you learn more about it

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think I saw something before which might have been a "government black suit" guy(long amusing story really) and it was a completely different feeling from that guy compared to Shadow-sherlock. Shadow-Sherlock felt maleficent for sure, the other Black Suit figure just seemed like some guy...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
I started to float up in my astral body and I was about to “roar” utilizing the infinite light that I can call up to get this dick out of my room.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Shadow People.
I will explain, all and more to the illusion of shadow people, whats ironic is that we even refer to them as people, however before i can do this, i would like to point out to the Original Creator of this thread, that in ur instance u perhaps came across a drifter type of shadow person, reason being that when u recalled your experience, the senses that came instantaneously rushing back to you were awesome, a feeling of being scared, empowered, uptight all balanced with the Human emotive thought of What the fcuk, but this was after the event, so he was either passing through or drifting, why because if he had stayed u would of been in for a few surprises thats a certainty and your feelings after the event would of seemed tiny compared to a realtime expereince. OK if ur interested in my story, then i will now endeavour to take the time to recreate to you, a scenario which will through your own endeavours enable you to draw upon your own conclusions. But be under no illusion Shadow Enterties do exist, they are for real, and whats so amazing is that for the most part you will never be able to prove this, as is the point in contention with the original poster to this thread, but you will remember and feel the expereince, and remember the imprint they leave upon your nervous system can but only not deny that they do indeed exist. A few hours required and we will all lay the ghost to rest of the infamous shadow people.
dno

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It began when i was 5 years old, my first experience, i remember the visual elements and the feeling as if it were last night, but in reality its over 35 years ago. I was sleeping in my parents bed, suddenly i awoke, to see a shadow moving towards me, slowly at first, its face was covered, but even then i could sense that its intentions were for the most part evil and i choose my words carefully, the shadow soon left the room, as i followed it disappear into a dark corner, but it had made its first move. In simplicity i was a great Kid, of the seventies generation, an abundance of energy, very smart, and clever even for my age, to the point that i could stand near objects say like a radio and the station would change, of band, or light bulbs would blow, and even letter box's open and close infront of me, seriously, when i was alone. So i had been checked out, and many years later realised it was not my innocent purity which they the shadow people were after, as in reality they can not actually harm you, this i will explain later on, BUT they were attracted to my energy, and like extracting blood from a stone, they would not stop untill they had decided it was time, to move on, or as in my case i grew up very quickly indeed. A few weeks later i was sleeping alone in my bed, my eyes opened, as i sensed something move across the room, the feeling of energy was just so powerfull and so so negative, like a paper clip to a magnet it was moving in on its prey me. This time it stayed in the room, i knew where it was, in the corner. i pretended to be asleep, to no avail, and later on i fell asleep, and thats the moment that they strike, and they did, i found my self trapped, an entity above hovering over the bed, drawing me away from my slumber, i was almost in paralysis, i could not stop them and found myself floating above my bed, and looking down, but this was just the beginning, through the ceiling i travelled, and their they were in the loft, waiting for me..initially it was a mental fear factor, i could feel this, i was desperate to go back to myself in the bed, but they would not let me, seriously, they were keeping me, but you know what even in my first experience i fought back, with all my might, and eventually i found myself back in the bed, they had now made their second move, and for them things were indeed hotting up, the main shadow person, who seemed to be a character but without a face, was just pure evil, in his thoughts and he could communicate them to me, this lasted for 3 years, almost nightly, i would dread going to bed at night, but of course as a kid you must, i remember praying, so so many times, this they did not like, i travelled across and through the universe in my mind, before i would even climb into bed, kneeling beside the bed and praying, and yep u got it when sleep came so did they, my body would lock its self, i would constantly remember saying to myself oh no here we go again, as the shadows appeared and played with me like a cat to a mouse, above the room, outside the room. under the bed, in and out of the corners of the room, they certainy got what they wanted pure un corrupted energy. However i learnt come morning they would be gone, and never did they show themselves during the day time, i will close this chapter in this moment as there are many other examples of what occured but i am sure a long thread is not required. However remember they cannot hurt you, as much as they wish to or even try to, when you understand this, then it makes it easier, and why can they not well its simple, because when your energy level increases above theirs as you become older you are capable of making choices RIGHT? And in my case i choose to ignore them and in time over almost one year i eventually won the day, as if they do not exist then how could they harm me, which is why with shadow people they leave their ideals in your mind...if i have time perhaps some more info to follow. and yes they did try to come back.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I'm glad you ask that
The "roar" I was talking about is very much a literal thing, as things have been progressing for me, there seems to be an almost animalistic instinct that is arising in me from some where...not really sure why. As for the the "infinite light" I'm not really sure how to explain that other then illumination of love(love in the context of which some would call the power of god). I'm not a religious nut, don't go to church, don't subscribe to any religion, and up until a recent history, wasn't even sure if there was "creator" of this universe. But that light is a powerful asset to have as it can protect you from anything and it's within all of us.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i was very interested in the replies, and at first when reading your reply dnodnodno, i was questioning how that could even be possible as the events sounded crazy, yet the night after the event i recalled, i was sleeping, and i felt as if i was pushed parrallel to my bed, as if into my pillows. Usually sometimes people can jump when sleeping, especially if something happens in dream, but this was definitely a push upwards toward my pillows, which woke me, but i just made myself go back to sleep to avoid any other possible situations.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've had an experience, with the "shadow people" about six years ago, between sleeping and waking. I assume I was dreaming when i saw two inky-black silhouettes standing in the doorway to my living room. The figure on the left asked for permission of his companion to attack me. He was told to "Kill him, Kill him"(me), at which point the left shadow man took off at a great speed towards my bedroom. I woke just a moment before the shadow reached my door. Immediately after opening my eyes, being filled with sheer terror, I tried to scream for help, but no noise came out. I tried to move, or rise from my bed, but could not move anything but my fingertips, slightly at that. This paralysis lasted less than three minutes. The fear of this event is still vivid. But as I understand it, these are common manifestations of sleep paralysis.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
The fear of this event is still vivid. But as I understand it, these are common manifestations of sleep paralysis.

Skeptics and "scientists" will stop there, but what caused it then? Random imbalance of chemicals? That's one way to look at it, or what about a physical manifestation(the "imbalance") of a state of mind induced by vision into another "dimension" of thought? Either way, that wouldn't explain why people see these guys while wide awake too. That paralysis though is something you can overcome, by overcoming your fear. As it seems fear is one of the things these guys get off on.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Mr shakesbeer. you are far too quick to talk out the side of your head. i believe what i saw was an actual manifestation of creatures that wished me harm.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I believe you are misinterpreting my reply(although I don't know what you mean by "talk out the side of your head" anyways). I am aware of your perception of an actual manifestation of an entity but some will not buy it for their own reasons. I was expanding the context to go beyond just you using a term you wrote...don't worry I was not attacking you or assuming anything. Sorry for any miscommunication.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It is difficult to say exactly what is what you saw. You have to keep in mind that you had been sleeping. A few days ago I woke up, but I was still dreaming: superimposed on my room I saw in black/greenish a woman talking. I saw her from the side and she was angry. I looked around, indeed it was my room and I was awake. But I could also go back to the spot where she was and yep she was still there. But I realized that it was not real and I decided to go back to sleep.

My brain is f-ed due to a bad trip. Besides this, I can easily get into a trance and see hypnagogic images. This has always been so, since I was a small child. I am a lot of the time not "really awake".

So how about you? It is of course strange that your mom so a greenish light. Also, are you open to this shadow? To get to know it? Next time you see it, try to contact it or else tell it firmly to leave and never return. Most but no not all entities can be told to leave. You could also try to do a bit of remote sensing, figuring out what it wants and who it is.

Not everything that is scary is also evil. Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
its interesting the date the original poster mentioned because at around the same time i had a similar experience and have never before had or seen a shadow person,on page 82 of the concious obe thread ive been having outer body experiences recently,and maybe it was myself stood over me because the reason i woke up was because a ray of sunshine hit me through my blinds out of nowhere because something moved from the view blocking the light coming through,it was a shadow of a persons body stood at my feet like its been watching me while ive been asleep,i was a little shocked as it seemed shocked itself that it had been seen,i was thinking it could be myself in a different plain or zone or another astral traveler making contact?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I belive what you saw, was a shadow person, as their reffered too... not much is known about them. Some say their demons, others say thier lives that have not passed on, others say thier kinda the ghosts of the CIA...they seem to like to get close to you, us, look and study with thier eyes, and when noticed they disappear. Thiers never really been an actualy record of an attack form shadow people. In theory, thier thought of as being mischevous souls, but that cant be confirmed since they dont or wont communicate with us.
In my home, form time to itme, i see one, but that becuase of a bad experice i had with an ouija board when i was 13. I can attract spirits more easily.
sometimes if you read about your soul levitating out of your body, thier always seems to be, in reocrd, a black hooded figure thier causing this. But, shadow people dont have cloaks or hoods..... demons do.
when i was 14, 8 months after a house exorcism here, all was quiet, but one day, in my basement, around 4 30 pm, i was watchin tv, putting a model car together, and i felt a presence enter the roomi was in... i loked up, and saw a black transparent semi hooded figur standing in the doorway starring at me... kinda looked like the predator invisible but mostly black... i tried ot get up and run out of the room, but i was paralyzed.. frozen in time for a few seconds.. then i felt a surge of static electricity pass through me, and my hair stood up, and immediatly, a small glass bottle of piatn thinner i had next to me, broke on its own. taht was the last i saw of it. BUt i di in fact feel it pass through me, thats my experinc with whats reffered to as, psychic paralysis.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thats the thing really, its called being in the land of the never never, did it happen, never, can you prove that it actually happened well.. never, so where does that leave us, certainly not in any type of void, thats for sure, and for why, because more and more people are openly discussing the topic of shadow people, perhaps because we communicate more these days, and faster, so ideas are exchanged more frequently, what i can say with 100 per cent conviction is that these events were not connected to sleep paralysis, or anything that remotely suggests confirmation of an answer, but demonic is a close descriptive word, as is energy driven, for me they are kinda like prowlers in search of their nightly feast, and they are most definately an intelligent form of energy which should not be confused with postive or negative, but i have had too many experiences as to not realise and in time understand what they are and indeed what they are all about, a final point for me, is the link between a cross over period of an old and new life, verses being on this planet as a young child, but i can tell you that they can move fast, and indeed they do.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
google "old hag experience" and "sleep paralysis" and don't listen to these lunatics. Good day.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
You know, with all of my own personal experiences, I don't see how these anomalies could be demons. I say this because all of my sightings, and I've had many, are all in a semi-playful style. The anomaly either sits directly in my peripheral vision, and plays visual tag with me, or it will walk around a corner, and disappear.

As a matter of fact, it happened to me at work yesterday. I saw two people go around a corner, and only one went around the next one. Figuring one stayed behind, I walked up and looked, but no one was anywhere in the area. True, I could have missed seeing them walk around, they could have sped up, or somehow escaped my vision, but I was watching the whole time. I don't see how they could have escaped me seeing them.

To get even though, I play with them as well. They know I see them, and we tag all the time; here at home, or wherever I see them. Sounds weird I know, but it happens. Could it be my imagination? Sure, but try explaining that to the huge 5'10" dark shadow that walked around a corner and wasn't there anymore!!

TheBorg

top topics

<<   2 >>

join