It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brattleboro to vote on arresting Bush, Cheney

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Brattleboro gets Internet buzz over Bush/Cheney petition

BRATTLEBORO — Kurt Daims was a little taken aback Monday at the fierce response outside Brattleboro and Vermont to the successful petition drive that will let the town vote at Town Meeting on whether President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney should be charged with war crimes.

The Brattleboro town office was swamped with calls, e-mails and faxes on Monday, according to town officials; practically all of it negative, according to Town Clerk Annette Cappy, who fielded some of calls.

Cappy said most of the calls went to Town Manager Barbara Sondag, and that the sheer "nastiness" of the calls prompted the town office to stop answering the telephone Monday afternoon, and let the calls go to voice mail instead.

"We're getting e-mails and phone calls, nasty, nasty e-mails, I've only a gotten a few," said the town clerk. "You couldn't repeat most of those calls, they are nasty and nasty."

Source

[edit on 30-1-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Bush cronies are mad that some town would dare stand up to them.

Its funny that none of the other cities or counties that voted for impeachment get any sort of negative attention (well no news of it anyway).

I wonder if ATS had anything to do with it

Sorry Brattleboro if I am partially responsible for the uproar. I think you people are doing a fine job.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Everything that's been listed may be indecient or even plain wrong. But not ONCE did anyone here list anything illegal. The patriot act is a law now. If you don't like it ( cause I sure don't, then start a petition to remove the patriot act.)

You have to work IN THE SYSTEM.

The warrant-less wire taps are protected by that same patriot act.

And lying to the American public is not illegal. Sorry. If it was, then we would have to arrest the government as a whole.

Lying IN COURT UDER OATH is illegal and that's why Clinton was impeached.

You can't arrest someone unless they commit a crime or are attempting to commit a crime. That's where I'd look if I wanted to get him.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by bkcrt]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by malin23
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

what do you have to say about all the young, homeless vets who suffer from post traumatic stress disorder? what about the americans that have died as a result of friendly fire? screw that, what about any american that had to die in a foreign country post-911? IMO a "war on terror" is nothing more than a ploy to fatten up Bush-n-friends' bank accounts. Just like the "war on drugs". You can't have a war against an ideal. especially when you're playing both sides of the coin.

IMO our gov't is the biggest perpetuator of terror (not to mention drug dealer) in the world but people are so caught up in what's legal vs. illegal by law as opposed to what's morally right vs. unethical. it's sick that some people think it's o.k. for the president to lie to the public hundreds of time and swindle billions (if not trillions) of dollars because he didn't do anything "illegal" as defined by current law. but of course his actions aren't illegal! he makes the laws! laws that cover his sorry administration from current and retroactive prosecution. i applaud these cities for what they're doing and IMO more americans need to grow a pair and take a stand for what's right.

And that's all it will ever be - your opinion, because you can't prove anything. Sometimes everything isn't a conspiracy.

The American government is the biggest perpetrator of terror in the world, and I have the scariest nightmares in the world. I have the scariest nightmares in the world because I said so and that's my opinion, not because it's true. It's even unprovable, but it's true because I said so.

All these people in this country that think America's so bad...well, you're free to go at any time. America doesn't want you here if you think like that, and since you dislike America so much, why do you stay?

[edit on 30-1-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Bush cronies are mad that some town would dare stand up to them.

Its funny that none of the other cities or counties that voted for impeachment get any sort of negative attention (well no news of it anyway).

I wonder if ATS had anything to do with it

Sorry Brattleboro if I am partially responsible for the uproar. I think you people are doing a fine job.

Yup, everyone that called in are Bush cronies

America should impeach Bush because of what some other country says

Give us all a break, here. We get it - you don't like Bush. You probably didn't vote for him and you're still upset he "stole the election"

We get it, really

You keep talking about how much conspiracy surrounds the Bush administration and you keep saying he should be impeached and imprisoned, but you have still failed to provide a single thing that Bush has done wrong. What has he done that's illegal? Tell us. Because in America, you can only go to jail if you do something illegal. Bush winning the election because of Gore's and Kerry's greater incompetence isn't a crime.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkcrt
Everything that's been listed may be indecient or even plain wrong. But not ONCE did anyone here list anything illegal. The patriot act is a law now. If you don't like it ( cause I sure don't, then start a petition to remove the patriot act.)

You have to work IN THE SYSTEM.

The warrant-less wire taps are protected by that same patriot act.

And lying to the American public is not illegal. Sorry. If it was, then we would have to arrest the government as a whole.

Lying IN COURT UDER OATH is illegal and that's why Clinton was impeached.

You can't arrest someone unless they commit a crime or are attempting to commit a crime. That's where I'd look if I wanted to get him.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by bkcrt]

Shhh...don't tell them that. They're still mad from when Bush stole the election from Gore 8 years ago

Some people will take a grudge to the grave with them. Bush and his administration has probably not even directly affected a single person complaining in this thread, and the War in Iraq is so minor, if there were no news media coverage, Americans would not even know it's going on. It's that pesky (R) next to Bush's name that gets these guys so fired up, and they will do anything they can to make him look bad. It's not because of his actions, it's because of his party, and the partisan hatred present in this thread is more proof that the 2-party system is a failure.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Choco,

I was wondering if you would like to join my death squad? We're going to need some extra help soon!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Some how, as much as I would love to see this happen, I'm afraid it won't.

Bush and Cheney will never be arrested, and even if they do, they will never be prosecuted successfully.

If they do, I will eat a chicken.

And by Chicken I mean a Plane.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by TheOmen]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I have no clue why some people still can't understand
it's not about winning or losing or stealing an election ....
it's about what the guy did while in the oval office.
Passing that Patriot Act was unconstitutional and thusly
I should not have to adhere to it. Basically that is exactly
the reasoning Bush is using for his breaking congress'
Act of 2008. Bush claims that the congress is impeding
his power given to him by the constitution. Which he
doesn't have to begin with. Bush can't do anything without
congressional approval. That's all part of our systems
checks and balances. But Bush has decided to throw
that part away and do whatever the he!! he wants to do.
That's not a republic ..... that's a dictatorship.
Congress might as well pack up and go home as they
are useless and powerless.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by SimonSays]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Here's a relevant news article regarding the impeachment of these lunatics:

Boulder lacks votes to take on Bush

A move to draft a Boulder City Council resolution supporting the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney likely won't get enough support to get off the ground Tuesday.

City Councilman Macon Cowles last week told his colleagues that he plans to ask for a vote Tuesday on whether to move forward with an impeachment resolution. For the past several weeks, supporters of such a move have been speaking at City Council meetings and handing out "Impeach" pins.

Its too bad...How many other cities/towns have passed resolutions for impeachment?

I want to see some state/federal government movement on this, but alas it won't happen realistically.

The feds are in the GOP's pocket and we all know the level of cronyism happening...Not to mention the Dems being a bunch of pussies.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

No its not that I dislike Bush. I dislike liars, crooks, and phonies. He fits all of the above.

So does Cheney, the majority of both mainstream political parties, pretty much the whole supreme court, lobbyists, etc etc.

Sure I can't stand the guy. You got me there.

There isn't anything partisan about this though. Its a little more personal than that.

I could give a crap less what party he's a part of. Pelosi has done far worse as speaker than Gingrich. At least he was open about his bull, she hides it.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I'm mad as hell, and I won't take it anymore!

And you should be too! But just being mad isn't enough.. I want you to get up your chairs and write to your congressman that you demand impeachment of current administration!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
All these people in this country that think America's so bad...well, you're free to go at any time. America doesn't want you here if you think like that, and since you dislike America so much, why do you stay?

All these people in this country that think Germany's so bad... well, you're free to go at any time. Germany doesn't want you here if you think like that, and since you dislike Germany so much, why do you stay?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join