It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Guiliani thinks you should have REAL ID to get online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Rudy Guiliani thinks you should have REAL ID to get online

www.youtube.com

"If you get a tamper proof id card you would be able to work, pay taxes, get on line, become a citizen."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This guy has to be kidding. So his idea is to tie everything you do in life to an id card.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This guy is a jerk plain and simple. He exploits 9/11 and has no regard for freedom at all.

"I was at ground zero as often, if not more, than most of the workers ... I was there working with them. I was exposed to exactly the same things they were exposed to. So in that sense, I'm one of them," Giuliani told reporters in Cincinnati Thursday.

This was a quote earlier this fall. I'm glad he's falling behind in the polls and has no business becoming president on the United States.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Clan in da front

Indeed. The NYPD and Fire depts have made it clear how great of a job they thought he did-Overriding the PDs recommendation that their command center be somewhere OTHER than the WTC, and shafting the FD with sub-standard old radios, just to start.

Goonliani is a nightmare.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Impossible to implement. Docsis 3.0 wouldn't even support it . He would have to replace every CMT there is to do something like this .

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I just don't like the idea of carrying an ID on a lanyard everywhere I go and having to use it at checkpoints to get crap done.

Using it to go on the net is just crazy. I can totally see them tracking everything you do with your id when you log on and keeping a history of everything you do associated with your id.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They've been banging on about ID cards over here (UK) for years now.

I think the fact that they have managed to lose so much info over the last few months may have put the scheme on hold.

Giuliani must be desperate to use idea's off gordon brown

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think these "Presidential Hopefuls" are just tossing crap out there to see who bites. Some of the things I have been hearing them say is just plain silly. This being a prime example.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Not to mention the GPS tracking chip installed in all the ID cards.

of course passive readers will have to be installed on telephone poles.

*Moderator note*
Please review the Site Terms and Conditions of Use concerning illegal hacking.

2b.) HaXor: You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
pffff.... taking this from a guy who doesnt know what type of panties to where on a saturday night. this is disgusting, well s$%! if we listen to this guy maybe we should just have a 40% tax on all toliet paper. besides he needs the internet just to stay in touch with his ex-wives. So the Internet today, and all Television sets tomorrow? Where do we draw the line people?

Wisdom is Free, the Net should be too.

..........what more is there to say, it's quite obvious of what our real problem is. He's running for president too $%#^

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I would have thought right wingers like him would be diving for cover after the aftermath of the GW Bush years.. but no, he is after being elected and not ashamed to carry on with the same nazi agenda. You would think after Bush , US would be like germany was after hitler .. something to be disdained for evermore .

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Rahl Darc]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I thought you provide your id to ISP in order to get your internet working?

I guess that's not enough?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
mis.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Rahl Darc]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Oh me, oh my. This is some utter BS.

We might as well line up and get the chips in the neck if Guiliani is elected.

Give me Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich FTW.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
Impossible to implement. Docsis 3.0 wouldn't even support it . He would have to replace every CMT there is to do something like this .

But DOCSIS 3.0 applies only to cable - how about fiber optic, or DSL....

However, the bottom line is that if the Gov. wants to implement something like this, they will - some how, some way.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I've said it for a while. This guy is dangerous and I'm glad he's tanking in Florida.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Verison and the like just spent BILLIONS to revamp there systems a few years back . If you would like to know more check out www.dslreports.com... aka www.broadbandreports.com... . This site is the best place to keep up on what IS possible . And what isn't . How the fcc treats things and how the aclu fights things internet related.
The government has no legs in this case .
Only around 13% of people have FTTH (Fiber to the home) in the states. That # is even lower in the UK.
Unless the government plans on buying out all these company's they will always be bound by the "common carriers act" Same as any company that supplies a service of information to your home . It cant discriminate .

Edit: Around 60 or so % of cable is docsis 2.0 . Another 30 or so % is docsis 1.1
Then there are the municipal company's that are a mixed bag. Sometimes even on a custom configuration scheme.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

top topics

join