It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From today, feel free to download another 25 million songs - legally

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Thanks for your post.

biggie smalls
God does not live in me
I live inside God
Scholar

In that statement I find that if you are a living being and claim this and yet die inside God then you are being diseased to the others that have the same idea. If your already dead and beyond the spirit then you are indeed inside God and unless otherwise of your lifestyle and aggressions, fears, angers, hatreds do not force God to consider you to be removed then you shall always stay inside God as you state but this is only under a premise that your beyond the spirit form as God uses the spirit form as necessary its only evil spirits that collide with reality, good spirits can come and go without any set boundaries as a evil spirit commands disgraced spirit to maintain thus haunting spirit rules the domain until a good spirited person crosses over and tells the disgraced spirit the way to leave and why. After that a good spirit person can return to being real again like you are now so real and yet so far away. God is not evil, your misguidance of God being inside you fails to grasp the truth of Gods will and love of you which you will learn as time goes beyond the spirit and you become inside God for God has made a new world upon you and you shall have everlasting life of the fruits that have passed away are all new again. God isnot a self righteous god, though shall worship no other Gods before me, this is truth of oneself abounded by God and Gods Kingdom as God perceives, your trying to perceive inside making God acknowledge your necessity of being which is like setting yourself a level of ego of being which you can't change as only God manifests change and to manifest change your outside while God is present inside everything only he manifests.

Do you believe this?

[edit on 29-1-2008 by OoTopNotchoO]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Bear in mind that it's been postponed. I presume that this is because of the legal issues with the record labels.

I use Napster To Go now, so I have no need for this, unless they can assure me that I won't have 9 billion ads pop up, like I did way back when with Kazaa.

Wow, I remember those days... there I go, showing my age again...

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Record Labels do not care about confronting Google, this happens on their site so they earn dollars from clicks to, it is Google that motivates people to aviod the tedious searches of databases that may have only one link they are interested in versus the million or so that popup and the hundreds of thousands that are not relevant, so advertising is that key Google provides to eliminate the tedious by replacing it with a Adsense objective which is how Google pays for the effort members enjoy. Record labels never are confronted by "Pirate Bay" unless someone thinking it a good idea to inform them of some trashy idea someone has to share a few files of their record label.

DMCA complaints do not always work, Google requires most of the time a write in campaign so someone then must edit up evidence and post it in the US Mail, if they are foreigners this begins to make less sense for Google's support idea for them to participate may not always help. Google don't know passwords of a ZIP file someone downloads via a Torrent, and so DMCA complaints to Google don't really accomplish a thing but it is their policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website: www.copyright.gov...) and other applicable intellectual property laws. In this case, this means that if we receive proper notice of infringement, we will forward that notice to the responsible web site publisher.

Google, Inc.
Attn: AdSense Support, DMCA complaints
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View CA 94043

Most of the HTML pages are entitled: readfirst.html
Its message is inside: CLICK ON THE BANNER YOU WILL GET THE PASSWORD
Clicking the Banner takes you to a unknown site where theres no password, and no earthly idea of what a password is you have no alternative than to delete the downloaded ZIP, and then you can go to SuprBay a Forum for "Pirate Bay" users and report the scam, there are cybor users that check things out and if they find the same being true you can bet a user has everything shared deleted and or is removed from "Pirate Bay". Google AdSense brushes off the dust of your information and fails to understand what your telling them, maybe on purpose, and then you get a email asking for more information and then another to send them the mail with evidence. Its costing you money then and only Google and the member that added the HTML to a ZIP file are out to make any money on the deal. The people that care about Copyright Infringement of music don't care that this is happening and have no idea how to stop it, their potential idea is to stop Torrents and since there are so many sites I do not see how they can manifest that concept against "Pirate Bay" as producing any good, Googling can find Torrents from other share sites.

This is proof there are contridictions occurring this very minute that are opposing free music concepts.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OoTopNotchoO

Thank you for your Christian viewpoint, but I do not believe in religion.

And...back to the thread.

I don't plan on using qtrax as it seems to be rather suspicious. The music industry has been fighting this for so long and now they give up?

I don't buy it.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
As a producer I want people to steal my music. I want DJs to play it without giving me a dime. This is my music: Electronic Dance Music.
This is one of the reasons I like it. I don't fileshare music out of respect.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OoTopNotchoO

PB cant be charged . Sweden has no copy write laws and refuses to recognize the us's . As far as Sweden is concerned its 100% legal .
Heres a quote to review

I have the distinct pleasure of informing you that no Swedish trademark
and/or coypyright law is being violated, regardless of how the situation
may or may not be under UK law. I would advise you to read up on Swedish
trademark law, more specifically Varumarkeslag (1960:644), as this might
save you a great deal of future humiliation.

Not saying what they do is right . Just that its totally legal.

Hmm i guess they are being indited . But like the last 3 times it cant stick.
IMO It's just show for the corporations .
Here is some current info/comments on this event.
www.dslreports.com...

[edit to add content]

[edit on 29-1-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Dont know if this was brought up already but.........

This service will allow free downloads....however, that doesnt mean that the music isnt being paid for... the site will use ad revenue to pay the music companies the licensing fees.. the music companies WILL be paid...

On another note- the music companies have not quite agreed to this, and the site has postponed its grand opening.

And the RIAA is still filing lawsuits.. by the thousands. Dont know if I agree with them or not, because I think their threshold for proof isnt high enough......

Good site to check out for news about this type of thing is www.boycott-riaa.com

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Heres some breaking news for you guys in the UK

EU Court: Downloaders Can Stay Private

Record labels and film studios cannot demand that telecommunications companies hand over the names and addresses of people who are suspected of sharing copyright-protected music and movies online, the EU's top court ruled Tuesday.

But European Union nations could if they want introduce rules to oblige companies to hand over personal data in civil cases, the European Court of Justice said.

The court upheld the Spanish telecom company Telefonica SA's right to refuse to hand over information that would identify who had used the file-sharing program Kazaa to distribute copyright material owned by members of Promusicae, a Spanish trade group for film and music producers.

EU law does not require governments to protect copyright by forcing companies to disclose personal data in civil legal actions, the Luxembourg-based court ruled.

Source: www.abcnews.go.com...
A good read if you care about this sort of stuff

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think eventually the whole entertainment industry is going to have to reevaluate how they do business.

The thing is...DVD,and CD burners are sold at cheap prices.Blank DVDs and CDs are readily available.....and what? We're supposed to put "home videos" and pictures on them? Please.

It's the industries own fault for not anticipating this.They want to protect their property...don't allow people to steal it in the first place.With music that is relatively hard these days, but as far as movies go....the people who download them are NOT the ones stealing them.A person or group of persons gets a connection from a source that can get a screener,they put it on the net.

That doesn't make me a criminal if I download what they already let leak.Same goes for music.I refuse to feel sorry for an industry that refuses to try and work with the fans,and calls them criminals if they don't go with the status quo.

Bottom line,the technology and resources for pirating are readily available.No one will EVER stop it.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DocGonzo

Most people don't even know that blank media is taxed. For this exact purpose.
Soon we'll get charged for humming a song in line at the bank .

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Dont joke!

STRICT copyright officials banned guitar shop customers from playing classic riffs like Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven - just like in the film, Wayne's World.

The Performing Right Society (PRS) told Regent Guitars in Leamington it would need to buy a licence if customers wanted to strum famous tunes to ensure songwriters were paid royalties.

Richard Cholerton, aged 33, owner of the Regent Street shop, said he was shocked when he got a phone call informing him of the regulations.

He said: "A call came through from the PRS asking me if I had customers coming in and playing guitars.

"I said sometimes they might play well-known pieces such as Stairway and he said 'you need a licence'.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

"I was flabbergasted. I thought it was a hoax; somebody winding me up.

"We are talking about beginners trying a few chords on an instrument before they buy it - these are not performances in front of people clapping and cheering."

The shop has produced two tongue-in-cheek posters to ask customers not to play Stairway or Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water for fear of upsetting the PRS.

PRS bosses said it was important songwriters got paid if shops and other organisations played their music, but today admitted they had got it wrong in this case.

Spokesman Adrian Crookes said: "If that is all that is happening in music shops, and they are not having performances, then no licence is needed. I think we hold our hands up to that and say we were slightly overzealous.

"But if music is used in a way to improve a business, is it not fair that the musician who wrote it is not paid as a thank you?

"There is a top tier but the vast majority of PRS members earn less than £10,000 a year from royalties."

The PRS is a non-profit-making organisation with around 44,000 members consisting of composers, songwriters, authors and publishers of music.

Mind you if your a fully paid up musician with your own copywrite material you could spend all day in that shop playing your own tunes

[edit on 30-1-2008 by noangels]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
my pc, my ipod and the free limewire software; that's all i need to get all the music i want. i think this music shareware phenomenon will kill the music industry someday. right now we are so happy we don't have to shell out $20 for the new backstreet boys comeback album
, but i think kids now won't practice guitar riffs that hard anymore, because the music industry doesn't represent MONEY like it used to.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join