It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested near White house for verbally threatening Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Man arrested near White house for verbally threatening Bush

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A man was arrested on Monday for making a verbal threat against President George W. Bush outside the fence at the White House, the Secret Service said.

"We had an individual arrested for making a threat against the president on the fence line," Malcolm Wiley, spokesman for the Secret Service, said.

"He left behind a suspicious package," he said. That prompted the area immediately outside the White House to be closed off to the public, he said.

Wiley had no further details about the identity of the man who was arrested or what he was charged with.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I wonder just how many people have been arrested for this type of offense? LOL

Not a bright idea to do so by the White house while you're carrying a package with you. Could get you used as a bullseye for target practice, specially with how paranoid this admin is.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I remember when some guy fired an AK 47 assault rifle on the White House and some person ram his plane into the White House and that was under the Clinton Administration. I'm certain thats why paranoid is applied in this case.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Im not sure why you say they are paranoid. Every president has its haters and those who would love to do harm to them.

Also, I read here all the time how people would love Pres Bush to be dead, etc.

So paranoid? No.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm sure he was practicing thought crime.

So now he's a terrorist on the black list.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I say they're paranoid due to the domestic spying, spying on their own organizations, etc., etc...And yes I agree, of ANY admin, they should be on alert, as they have done more to increase gov anti-sentiment than any admin in the past several decades.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Give that man a medal
He's speaking for billions of people. Bush really is a complete maniac. It's quite amusing how such a pleb could be the most powerful man in the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Really? That man is speaking for billions of people? How do you know this? Is this a fact/statistic that I can read somewhere?

Or is it that he is speaking for you?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It seems rather ill conceived to do this in the first place - what the hell did he expect?

I mean, come on - join ATS and abuse bush/blair/brown from the safety and comfort of your own home - at least for the time being, it's safer

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I agree with others. Paranoid would be the wrong verbage. I'd call it smart, cautionary, etc.

I have a few projects that I have to be on the rooftops of buildings in DC and near the White House. You can bet your potutty that we call the SS every time we are going to be up there so we don't have a red dot on our foreheads (and I'm not talking about Hindus) or worse yet, another hole in the head that we don't need.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by abovetech

How on earth was he practicing a thought crime?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A man was arrested on Monday for making a verbal threat against President George W. Bush outside the fence at the White House, the Secret Service said.

"He left behind a suspicious package," he said. That prompted the area immediately outside the White House to be closed off to the public, he said.

Damn straight he should have been arrested - no matter who is in office.

There are everyday citizens who walk by the White House. Those were the people who were at risk!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I agree the dude should have been arrested-like I said, he's lucky SS didn't use him for target practice. Not too bright to be making threats ANYWHERE against our gov, let alone right outside the capital. I will retract my paranoid comment in this case, as you guys are right, this instance has nothing to do with that. My bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
At risk from what may I ask? A BOX??

Doesn't say if he was charged either.

Wonder what the real story was/is

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So many people are distrusting of the media yet so readily accept any explanation given.

The first thing I have to ask is this.... What was "the verbal threat"? If he stood at the fence line and yelled out, "Bush if you walk out here I will punch you in the mouth" I would agree that makes him an idiot, but not a criminal. What about if he was walking along the fence line (like so many people do daily) and simply said, "If I had a chance, I'd slap the taste out of Bush's mouth" does that make him a criminal or someone simply venting like we see on various web sites and in our daily lives?

What was this "suspicious package" and in what manner was it "left"? What if this gentleman was walking with the package, made his "threat" and was suddenly taken down by Secret Service thus dropping his package, does that constitute "leaving a suspicious package"?

The real FACT here is that this "news" article gives little to no details of what really happened and gives you no FACTS to make any kind of judgment.

Let me ask this one question.... what is the real crime here? Is it that this man may have made a "threat" towards the President, or that on this President's say so this man could now be labeled an "enemy combatant" and we will see and hear nothing about him for the next 3 years while he sits in solitary confinement with no legal rights, no lawyer, no visitors and no right to due process?

new topics

top topics

join