It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation's beast seems silly

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I really don't understand HOW.. if everything points to it.. people would be "fooled" by the beast. Seeing as this hasn't happened yet and everyone knows that the anti-christ/beast has to come before Christ. Why would anyone be fooled? Do these prophecies really think that people are unable to put 2 and 2 together? It just seems like a lot of hocus pocus to me, and while everyone recognizes the mark of the beast as a bad thing, I do not see people accepting it.. thoughts?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
In Islam, they have their own set of prophecies describing their coming "Messiah" who will be accompanied by "Jesus." The prophecies fit the Christian prophecies of the Antichrist and false prophet almost exactly so many believe they will be one and the same. If they think the prophecies of the Antichrist in the Bible are distorted (which they do), it won't take much for them to ignore the "Antichrist" and follow the Mahdi. Especially when he is accompanied by who they think will be Jesus.

To add to the scenario, if there is a pretribulation rapture, the Christian opposition would be immediately removed which would leave it looking like the Islamic Hadith nailed the end time prophecies, therefore causing everyone to believe they were correct and Christian prophecies were distorted and wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
People are fooled by it, because they are looking outwardly for it. It isn't literal. If it were, then you'd be right - people could put 2 and 2 together and be able to "see" what it is they are supposed to stay away from.

The battle is a spiritual one.

Rev 17:7
Then the angel said to me: "Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because he once was, now is not, and yet will come.

.....bolding mine

This supports the way it deceives, it happened before, isn't happening now, and we are waiting for it to happen. Next year, this definition will still apply, so how will this beast ever come? The key is to look inside yourself and you will find the beast and the mark.

It is deceiving because most are looking for it externally.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

So the "mark of the beast" won't be a physical mark? I'm not sure if I understand this hehe.. pardon my ignorance.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Since we, as Christians, have to believe that our religion is the correct one wouldn't the muslim prophecies be meaningless? Maybe their prophecies are our anti-christ/beast prophecies. Meaning.. the person they believe is their savior with Jesus will be 2 of the false prophets?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
Since we, as Christians, have to believe that our religion is the correct one wouldn't the muslim prophecies be meaningless?

To us, yes. To Christians aware of our prophecies and of Jesus' warning to not believe this future team of impostors, yes. But again, if the rapture does happen, Christianity will no longer be the world's largest religion. Islam would take its place. Both the Christian and Islamic prophecies show Christians and Jews being put to death for our beliefs. This will either be those currently alive (if the rapture does not occur) or those who convert to Christianity after the rapture if it does occur.

We are also told there will be a famine of God's word during this period. This would make perfect sense if the true Christians are raptured previously and are not around to explain to everyone what is happening in the world. So the time would be ripe for deception. If we are raptured, there goes the truth. If we are not, we will still be able to realize what is really going on, that the Mahdi is a false Messiah, which will result in us being put to death.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think this "Islam is evil" talk is rubbish. if the Al Mahdi is suppose to be the anti-christ, what exactly was Mohammad? He'd be the one responsible for 1.6 billion people following Islam and therefore awaiting the "anti-christ".

Anyway, I think I'm sort of in agreement with Ben. It's mental/spiritual, not physical. We accept evil things in this world when they don't effect us. We allow an Iraqi war because they aren't Americans. We'll sacrifice thousands of Iraqi's for the hope that the terrorist boogiemen don't come and kill Americans. I think that's the anti-christ spirit that exists within most people in this world.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
I think this "Islam is evil" talk is rubbish. if the Al Mahdi is suppose to be the anti-christ, what exactly was Mohammad?

The prophecies of the Mahdi are not in the Koran (Islamic scripture) but the Hadith (traditional sayings). This is why some Muslims do not believe in the coming Mahdi- because they do not believe they came from Mohammad.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
honestly, the entire book of revelations seems like a drug induced hallucination to me...
some of the things sound exactly like what i've heard people tripping on '___' say...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Know what the trouble is, Ashley?

You will refuse to believe you were the one "left behind." For all you know, the "Rapture" has already happened, god called all of three people home (all of them Amish, I bet!) and you're stuck here, screwed.

Nooooooo. That wouldn't happen. You KNOW you're one of the chosen ones, right? 'Course you are! That's why you spend so much time talking about it, 'cause you want everyone to know how wonderful you are and how you're "Saved" and everyone else is "screwed"

I suppose it's easier to preen and preach about your reserved parking space in heaven, than face the actual reality of what's going on around you.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Why do people keep looking at the last book for answers?
Read the middle too and what Jesus says about the end times when he was teaching. There are many missing puzzles in Revelations because people never read Eziekiel 38 for example and Danial's end time empires that deal with Israel. That is why also things do not make sense.

Revelations is like an Index book of all the symbolic meanings in the Bible.
You can not decode the equation if you don't know the symbols and what they stand for.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Actually, it isn't a parking place, it is a mansion, or, an abode if you will and, yes, Ashley has one and I have one and anyone who trusts in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ!

Truth is hard and difficult. Why not go ahead and reserve your mansion in heaven right now before they let it out to someone else?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The Time Lord,

We don't because Christians don't. I have never, never, never met a Christian who lives their life according to Jesus' teachings. I know they're out there, but I also know that I've never met one. Most of them are, to repeat a phrase I've been using lately, apocalyptic death-cultists. Obsessed with the end times, pushing for middle eastern genocide, crowing about how everyone needs to bow to their god to "Save themselves" because THE END IS NIGH!!!

I'm not sure when or how it happened, but Christianity is basically just a religion for perverts, sociopaths, and the terminally ignorant nowadays. Seems that most of the people who give a damn about "the middle of the book" as you've put it, have ended up distancing themselves from the mainstream of Christianity.

Jdposey,

Because I maintain a modicum of self-respect. If some two-bit tent deity wants my eternal servitude, he's going to have to give me some better incentive than crowns or mansions or raisins or virgins or whatever the hell is being promised. Treasure is worthless if everyone else has it. A nice house grows dull after a few years. I don't like raisins much. I'd rather have one slutty broad who knows what the hell she's doing. My soul, and its freedom, are worth far more to me than anything your insane, homeless little god can offer, I'm afraid.

I feel sorry for you. The whole of you, not just you personally. You Christians, and the Muslims with you, you're all terrified that you're wrong. You worry endlessly over hell, and heaven, who goes to which and when and how it'll come to pass and what it'll be like. you spend so much time trying to recruit other people to your personal version of the whole deal, and what it comes off as is a bunch of children desperate for the people around them to confirm their beliefs, to keep them from being alone. And the truth is, you've abandoned every healthy belief and practice of your ancestors, instead choosing to obsess over an genocidal tent god who's two main concerns are whether you have mutilated your penis in the proper manner, and whether or not he gets the joy of punishing your finite sin with his infinite torment.

I've got no problem if this is what you really want to spend your life doing, looking forward to doom and destruction and torment. I think you're sick in the head, and kind of wish you'd find a healthier way to spend your life, but your choice is your choice. But you lot keep trying to rope me into your suicide pact.

Stop it, knuckleheads.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I suppose it's easier to preen and preach about your reserved parking space in heaven, than face the actual reality of what's going on around you.

Parking space? Come on. Everyone knows there's no parking spaces in Heaven. It's all done by valet. But if your psychic powers extend further than simple mind reading like you have done with me, can you give me the lotto numbers for Wednesday night? Thanks a bunch.

But you lot keep trying to rope me into your suicide pact.

Stop it, knuckleheads.

I'm all for my own personal fan club but it seems to be you who is following me around from thread to thread while completely ignoring the original posts of said threads. So... who is trying to rope who? No one has yet to attack your beliefs but you seem obsessed with doing it to everyone else.

[edit on 1/28/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I like how you're surprised that I'm able to draw an opinion of you and a rough summary of your attitude based on the stuff you've posted.

I'd love to give you the lotto numbers but, 1) I'm not a fortune cookie, and 2) You should trust in Him to provide, shouldn't you, and worry not of worldly things?

And don't flatter yourself. It just happens we find the same threads interesting.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I like how you're surprised that I'm able to draw an opinion of you and a rough summary of your attitude based on the stuff you've posted.

I've drawn my own opinions of various posters as well but typically hold my tongue due to what we called tact. Oh, and those pesky little rules they call T&C's. Those do get in the way of everyone's fun.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Truth is hard and difficult. Why not go ahead and reserve your mansion in heaven right now before they let it out to someone else?

Hey, if you beleive in the OSAS doctrine then she/he, a former Christian, already has her/his own mansion. It would be a humorous twist of fate if all three of us ended up being neighbors in the same cul de sac.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yeah, you're real tactful about calling 1.6 billion human beings a bunch of clueless and violent nincompoops who all worship the antichrist.

Must be another of those "do as I say, not as i do, and don't you dare say what I do" things you guys are so fond of.

So, Mansions, huh? Isn't that like a step down for Billy Graham and his sort? Or do they get full-out palaces?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
I think this "Islam is evil" talk is rubbish. if the Al Mahdi is suppose to be the anti-christ, what exactly was Mohammad? He'd be the one responsible for 1.6 billion people following Islam and therefore awaiting the "anti-christ".

I guess he'd be the false prophet who would come before the anti-christ wouldn't he?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yeah, you're real tactful about calling 1.6 billion human beings a bunch of clueless and violent nincompoops who all worship the antichrist.

The Mahdi and Antichrist similarities have been discussed thoroughly on another thread. Anytime someone came in to correct those who saw the similarities between the two by explaining what is believed concerning the Mahdi only ended up reinforcing the suspicion. Everything they said about the Mahdi described what we are told about the Antichrist in detail. If you take a step back and not look at it from a Christian or Muslim perspective, you will be forced to see the "coincidences" as other uninterested parties have done.

But no, you're too busy calling 2 billion human beings a bunch of clueless violent nincompoops who worship "a god on a stick" (By the way: He got off the stick). Who has resorted to name calling in the majority of their comments? I believe that would be you, Fox. I have yet to do in once on here. Not my place.

[edit on 1/28/2008 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join