It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Biometrics patent application

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Microsoft Biometrics patent application

technology.timesonline.co.uk

Microsoft is developing Big Brother-style software capable of remotely monitoring a worker’s productivity, physical wellbeing and competence
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.informationweek.com
www.microsoft-watch.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
National ID: Biometrics to be added to Social Security Cards

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have been following this news item for about two weeks. I see many cool advantages to this app as well as many intrusive Orwellian applications.

Using this application gives a whole knew meaning to the World Wide Web.

“Every aspect of computer users' lives - from their heartbeat to a guilty smile - could be monitored and immediately analyzed under the futuristic system detailed in Microsoft's patent application. “ Quote from “Times on Line”

A “good” use of this application could be geared toward gaming…..knowing the emotions of your opponents.

Another good use may be in using the software in robotics.

What say you?

technology.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
For anyone to look into the future and see what these geezers want to do, how can you say that the invasion of privasy is worth it.

Personally i would rather give up technology and move into the mountains that have all the stuff they are going to have.

The human race is selling its soul for some good electronics. Just look what 100 years has done to humans, look at us 100 years ago compared to today. Just imagine how much humanty they will take from us in the future.

[edit on 1/28/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I was listening to an old Coast to Coast AM talk show with a former CIA spook dated from March 8th of 2000. The discussion centered on the "Question" of how much intrusion would the American people be ready to surrender in order to be secure?

The spook stated that as of March of 2000 the government of the USA, private security firms, and foreign private firms were actively spying on private citizens in lieu of the Nation's Security.

Biometrics, as Microsoft sees it, enables government and corporations to “look” in upon us (customers and citizens) in a whole new fashion.

“What would Ben Franklin say?”

Should we flee to the hills or should we follow the lead of the corporate block? Maybe we should have a look at the constitution and fly the flag..."Don't Tread on Me"....

new topics

top topics

join