It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia issues warning to U.S. & EU over Kosovo independence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Maybe Serbia should "accidentaly" bomb the U.S. embassy, just like U.S. "accidentaly" bombed the Chinese embassy in 1999. Seriously though - it is a pity that the Serb rioters have to resort to attacking various foreigners in their fury - Portugal and Brazil do not plan to recognize Kosovo independence anytime soon. But I understand the anger, and if I was a Serb I don't rule out being one of the rioters on those streets - this separation hits close to heart for a lot of people.

This is degrading to modern humanity - countries are treated by U.S. like kindergardeners and forcibly separated and made to stand in the corner. When will the U.S. finally understand that nobody wants or needs it to take the role of policeman in the world - it has far far more problems then those with whose affairs it interferes. Maybe the world should unite and hold an intervention to help U.S. deal with its problems. Lets see - we can give Texas back to Mexicans, give the Mid-West back to native americans, let California separate and form a new sovereignty, give Alaska back to Russians, and then we can position U.N. forces throughout the U.S. to ensure safety for everyone and in the meanwhile let an international moratorium government run the country.

And EU outright betrayed the Serbs and their new pro-EU President, who was elected on the belief that EU would somehow deter this separation. I wouldn't be surprised if Serbia turns back to Russia for help now, seeing how the EU has shown that it is worth no more than a sack of moldy potatoes.

Meanwhile here is the updated list of the countries recognizing and refusing to recognize Kosovo, and explanations for the rest:

en.wikipedia.org...

So far it looks like by far the larger portion of the World (by area/population) will not recognize the independence - among them many countries who themselves have problems with separatists.

As for those who recognize it - not surprisingly almost all are close U.S. allies, and all except for a few are in Europe. While I am not surprised that UK is on that list, this could prove to be a very very dumb decision on their part, what with North Ireland and all.

Most of the undecided countries appear to be waiting for official decision by the European Union and the UN Security Council. EU will likely push # bull**** through, but I am sure Russia and China will prevent recognition by the UN.

So what you have here - is a new partially recognized sovereignty without UN representation that will be amount to nothing more than "unfinished" conflict zone. Meanwhile all disagreements about it will come down to separatism, and the justifications of it. Given that over 2/3 of the nations around the world face some sort of problems with separatism, I think you can predict where the majority will place their opinion on this issue.

Too bad that the only way to undo what has been done on February 17, is war. You simply cannot cater to the demands of the rebels/terrorists, because they will just become more ambitious with new demands.

Any word on how Respublika Srpska and Serbian-populated parts of Kosovo are responding? This is the time to declare independence.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by maloy]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Protest against Albanians in my town last night. I saved it with cell phone and I commented in English.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Comments are welcomed both here and in YouTube.

@maloy
We'll talk tomorrow, I have plenty of info you can't find in media.

You'll be surprised to see what French KFOR [logistic battalion] is doing...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Chechen separatists (or should I say separatist - since thats what's left of them anyway) and Parti Québécois congratulate Kosovo on its new independence.

[edit] add to that now the Basque and a bunch of other rejects throughout Europe. Hey look on the bright side - this is one issue where you can see US and the separatist-terrorists stand together behind one concept.

Degenrates and rebels of the world unite - you now have a precedent to justify renewed vigor!!!! With a little luck and a big pat on the back by the U.S. you can have independence in no time. Just fill out this application and indicate "YES" on the lines where it says
"Place U.S. bases in our new sovereignty" and
"Send us an expedited shipment of U.S. flags so we can wave them around and pretend to be your best buddies for a day"

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

Yeah lets hope this momentum does not stop. The world can't ignore Serbia and its allies anymore - and Russia, China and now India among dozens of other nations have already voiced full support for Serbia and do not recognize Kosovo as a nation.

Russia is also pushing through emergency sessions in the UN Security Council one by one - so far they have several scheduled for each of the next few days. Virtually all Russians who I spoke to are unilateraly behind Serbia and Serbians.

The goal now is to escalate the protests and not back down.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well, looks like the U.S. and EU have officially recognized Kosovo's independence...I wonder if this will force Russia's hand on their original warning...

U.S. and EU Powers recognize Kosovo

PRISTINA, Serbia (Reuters) - Europe's biggest states and the United States said on Monday they were recognizing Kosovo, a day after it seceded from Serbia.

Full story:
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AuV7aLypL2Khr3nQm99QdPmsNUE

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

US and EU make up less than a quarter of the world's population. The world does not revolve around them - regardless of what they think.

Plus Spain, Greece, Romania, Slovakia, Moldova and possibly Czech Republic, Sweden, Netherlans and Norway also did not issue a recognition and have no plans to. Europe itself is divided, and divided is how EU will eventually fall.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I was just in centre of town. Center is full of policemen who patrols in cars and protect Albanian business object.
Demonstrators hour ago closed all business objects owned by Albanians and now police protect.

People
Do you wonder why Afghanistan first recognized Kosovo?

Afghanistan produce 90% of world heroin and Kosovo is major shipment route in Europe for heroin [not to mention Kosovo's Prime Minister is former drug dealer].

2nd was Taiwan as I read. PR China is pissed off.

Originally posted by maloy

Chechen separatists (or should I say separatist - since thats what's left of them anyway) and Parti Québécois congratulate Kosovo on its new independence.

Degenrates and rebels of the world unite - you now have a precedent to justify renewed vigor!!!! With a little luck and a big pat on the back by the U.S. you can have independence in no time. Just fill out this application and indicate "YES" on the lines where it says
"Place U.S. bases in our new sovereignty" and
"Send us an expedited shipment of U.S. flags so we can wave them around and pretend to be your best buddies for a day"

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Congrats to Kosovo on their hard earned and deserved Independance from Serbia, a country guilty of war crimes, genocide and violence against many.

serbia itself should have been disbanded after their genocide of the 90's against innocents. Ask the people of Bosnia what the serbs are like. They caused WWI and now are trying to start WWIII.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

Yeah it is really beginning to look like all the rejects of the world are starting to stand behind Kosovo. Luckily the world is not run by rejects - well maybe excluding the U.S.

/\ Kosovo pulling the pin on the grenade with various separatist entities on it.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
Congrats to Kosovo on their hard earned and deserved Independance from Serbia

Yeah they worked hard to earn it - they had to beg U.S./NATO to do all the work for them. That ofcourse is after they failed to win independence by sniping Serb civilians and policemen and terrorizing the people of Kosovo.

You should say Congrats to the U.S. for successfully cr*ping on the world again and having EU wipe its ass. But really - its a two way relationship - EU seems to enjoy the smell of ****.

As for deserved.... well lets just say Mexicans and native americans have long deserved to carve the U.S. into a bunch of sovereignties. The European decentants have oppressed America for centuries - it is time to liberate America. And surely we all deserve anarchy - why need nations when man can rule for himself. Right? Right?

a country guilty of war crimes

Would that be U.S. or the new Kosovo sovereignty?

genocide and violence against many.

Look up the definition of genocide. Genocide is what Serbs have been subjected to under the Ottoman and Nazi occupation. What the KLA terrorists were subjected to was justice. As for the rest of Kosovo civilians - both Serbs and Albanians - they were victims of the pro-Al-Quida rebel movement by organized criminal and terrorists group KLA.

serbia itself should have been disbanded after their genocide of the 90's

I agree. Germany should be disbanded and be part of Russia, Japan should be disbanded and be part of China, UK should be disbanded and be part of Ireland, Turkey should be disbanded and become part of Armenia Greece and Kurdistan, and U.S. should be disbanded and become a nation of Native American tribes. Surely this is what you mean no?

against innocents

So if I hide in the bushes and snipe policemen and civilians on a daily basis to terrorize them into leaving their land I am innocent? Hold up - I'll go get my rifle and test your theory...

Ask the people of Bosnia what the serbs are like.

Well seeing how a third of Bosnia are Serbs, another third are Croatioans, and another third are Albanians - and all of them hate the other two thirds... I don't think you will reach any conclusion other than that Bosnia is not and can never be a united nation.

They caused WWI

And here I though that large malicious alliances and nationalistic unrest throughout Europe caused WWI.

and now are trying to start WWIII.

If anyone has the power to start a WWIII it is the U.S. The rest of the world is pretty much forced to sit as spectators and either cheer or boo the U.S.

I wonder - if the booing gets too loud, will the U.S. succumb on the gladiator arena of international politics, or will it start slayin even more to stay ahead in the game? Serbia has been slayed, and it wasn't even playing. Who is next? Spain? Romania? Canada?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

"If anyone has the power to start a WWIII it is the U.S."

That interferes with our "freedom's on the march!" mantra.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I found this interesting article about the new "Kosovo PM" Hashim Thaci:

Kosovo: The US and the EU support a Political Process linked to Organized Crime

The PDK, led by Hashim Thaci, former Kosovan Liberation Army commander, took control of many municipalities after the war. The party has close links with organized crime in the province.
(The Observer, 29 October 2000)

Mr. Thaci, nicknamed "the Snake" during his KLA days, is a sharp-suited 32-year-old former rebel commander with poor oratory skills, links to organized crime and a determination to preserve relations between his party and the United States
(The Scotsman, 20 October 2000)

Hashim Thaci founded the "Drenica-Group" an underground organization that is estimated to have controlled between 10% and 15% of all criminal activities in Kosovo (smuggling arms, stolen cars, oil, cigarettes and prostitution).

Nice.

He shall fit perfectly with the rest of "European leaders". The Kosovo government is tied into organized criminal syndicates involved in narcotics and human trafficking. But apparently that does not bother presidents and PM's from United States or European Union. It is just another way of building more military bases close to Serbia and hold Russians "by the balls".

In any case - still playing the old Bablyon rule:

DIVIDE AND CONQUER!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Of course that wouldn't bother them-The CIA are the biggest dope trafficers on the planet. They will just do like they do with the spooks-Pretend it doesn't happen. If it fits into furthering their agenda's, it's a non-issue to them.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well the Serbs/Ruskies will have to get over it.

Its become an independant state now and it will slowly adapt to run its own affairs.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

Looks like they can't distinguish who they are targeting. Not surprise with the perception of Americans and Mercedes.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

So Kosovo should fit in very well with Albania - with all the criminal factors. Why bother to fool anyone - just rename the country "Albania Junior" and skip a few steps.

As for Thaci - I do not see how he is not on Interpol arrest list (well ok I see how - but he still should be).

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attari

Its become an independant state now and it will slowly adapt to run its own affairs.

I don't think its over yet. The serbs look pretty pissed of.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I can imagine another conflict in the Balkans. Croations, Muslims, Slovenians, Serbs killing each other because some want independence while others want to stay. Winners get their say.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

UN's decision to recognize Kosovo pretty much depends on Russia - and Russia will definitely vote down all UN decisions for recognition. So Kosovo can will not have a seat in the UN.

And if you noticed it is not just Russia supporting Serbia. Various European countries as well as China are also behind Serbia.

And Serbs/Russia will not get over it anytime soon. Just like US spit at them, they will look for an opportunity to spit at the US. Oh well look yonder will you - there is Iran with their sparkling new nuclear reactors...

Taliban also ran its own affaits as an independant state. KLA is not more fit to run the fragile politics of Kosovo than Bush is fit to run the world. And it is going to be tough times for Kosovo, seeing how over half of the world doesn't recognize it as a country.

It will become a black hole in Europe, kind of like Turkish Cyprus. Technically it's there, but no one gives a **** what it thinks or wants.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Serbia is recalling their US ambassador, tip of the ice berg im sure...

news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join