It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush asking for $70 billion more to keep war going

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I agree with most of that. But I think if you dig a little deeper, you'll find Ron Paul is possibly even worse than Bush. Don't believe a word Ron Paul says... It's just a smokescreen.

J.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thats it I am gonna ask congress for a billion dollars to have to put up with the complete and total horse pucky going on with this war.

Ever see how much this atrocity to our fiscal security costs? Click Here!

If that doesn't make you sick you have a hard stomach.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

First of all- Cool Hand brought up Firemen/Policemen, not me.
They were relevant to the discussion.

I stand corrected however you are still not going to stretch what old said and suggest that must mean fireman and policeman.

I've already stated this earlier-"As a soldier, I'd rather see a victory to honor the sacrifices made thusfar, rather than a capitulation, which would only serve to embolden fanatics, and would be thugs." Victory means Iraq can stand on it's own, with it's Army and Police forces able to handle all domestic security issues. If we leave before that, then the losses have been in vain.

If they were in vain,, I guess that is something we would have to live with. Raja, I agree with you for perhaps another reason. I agree as we are accountable for what happened there HOWEVER if Iraq doesn't start pulling up the slack,, we are going to have LOTS of involvement there.

You like to put words in my mouth- I have never once advocated eradicating every muslim, so please don't try to paint me with that brush.

Raja,,, lol I was being facetious, of course I know you don't support genocide.

If you can't make the distinction behind what the term hired killer means vs. a soldier's responsibilities during wartime(or a police officer, etc..),

I didn't make the distinction, someone suggested that Old was calling the soldiers hired killers and that's why I suggested Blackwater but I won't sugar coat it either, when it comes to what a soldiers primary military objective it is just that KILL THE ENEMY if you like to add Kill them as professionally as you can ,, so be it. A rose is a rose by any other name.

- Con

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

'Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.'

—George Orwell

"War is Peace."

-George Orwell

I think that about says it all.

LEO!!! YOU CRACK ME UP!!! THANKS FOR THE LEVITY,, THE THREAD NEEDED IT HA HA

- Con

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
Then you believe in paying people to murder people . You just said so.

Killing someone is killing someone . I don't care what helps you sleep at night.

google it: "whats the difference between killing someone and murdering someone"

It's knowing that difference that allows him to sleep at night

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I agree with most of that. But I think if you dig a little deeper, you'll find Ron Paul is possibly even worse than Bush. Don't believe a word Ron Paul says... It's just a smokescreen.

J.

Really?? what ya got? I just started reading his website the past few days.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ya know people, I really think that when it comes right down to it everybody wants the same thing. For our troops to come home. The question here is how long are the American people going to be fed all this political mumbo jumbo and let it continue. I mean let's face it, the deed has been done. What we need is to stop being led around like sheep. When our leaders stop listening to the American people, the ones who voted them into office, then it's time for them to leave.
If the news media is not giving us the truth then we need for them to hear us. Not sitting at a computer terminal barking at each other until our fingers bleed. Get out there in front of their stations and protest. Impeach these useless jerks."We Are The People!" Not Bush Or Cheney or any of their little minions. We need to stop waiting for everybody else to start to do something to change what's going on in this country. These men that we elect are surely going to get us all wiped off the face of this planet.
For crying out load, Stop arguing with each other make a stand and do something about this before it's to late!

[edit on 1/29/08 by EntitySeed]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

As a soldier, I'd rather see a victory to honor the sacrifices made thusfar, rather than a capitualation, which would only serve to embolden fanatics, and would be thugs.

What would that victory be? because I have no idea, and Im sure some soldiers don't either.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well if this keeps on going - and I have no doubt that it will in the future - then sooner or later (probably sooner), American shall go bankrupt! On November 7, 2007, the U.S. Treasury announced that the national debt had breached $9 trillion for the first time ever. That is 9,000,000,000,000. Nine million millions. As a result, going into 2008, the United States finds itself in the anomalous position of being unable to pay for its own elevated living standards or its wasteful, overly large military establishment. Yet the military budget can be $623 billion, which is more then China, Russia, France, United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, Italy, South Korea and India all togather.

Yet - they need MORE MONEY.

So - how does that make you feel?

Free?

Brave?

Or something else?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
You know if the US does attack Iran and still stays in Iraq, this may show us that The USA is taking over countries right in front of our eyes, new empire? a sort of sly hitler, but instead they make it appear it's about something else.

They are possibly taking over these countries, Afghanistan, Iraq, if its Iran next? then they are taking over the whole middle east, if they set up bases, they basically have all surrounding countries by hostage, thats possibly why they are still in Iraq.

Just a theory, don't attack me lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Well if this keeps on going - and I have no doubt that it will in the future - then sooner or later (probably sooner), American shall go bankrupt! On

Yet - they need MORE MONEY.

So - how does that make you feel?

Free?

Brave?

Or something else?

Maybe not if they gain money from the war. From the countries they occupy. Possible?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I already said it earlier in this thread in response to Conspiriology.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I wonder if you'd enlighten us as to which countries that we have taken over, and what exactly your definition of taken over is.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I wonder if you'd enlighten us as to which countries that we have taken over, and what exactly your definition of taken over is.

Im not saying with 100% that your taking over, I'm just thinking of the theory of the possibility of something MORE than you may be lead to believe.

Is there something more to all this, is there another reason that the US is still in Afghanistan and Iraq, are they setting up bases there for a reason, and if they DO attack Iran and stay there too, arent they going to be almost in control of the middle east, watching over all the countries.

Basically, are they taking over these countries permanently/temporarily so they can control the whole area? and gain benifits from it, like money and power, but instead of telling us straight up they give us other reasons like saddam, or nuclear weapons as excuses, almost like a secret new empire.

Just a theory.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Each of these countries has a sovereign government. As for bases being set up- bases are a fluid thing. You put bases where you need them to facilitate your logistical chain, or to give yourself more flexibility if you need to move to different locations, and have some infrastructure set up.
It's not because we're gonna send 500,000 more personnel over, to impose our will on the region militarily. I don't see a ground invasion of any other country happening. Any other military action would come from air power.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
All for Israel

When are they going to pay ? its for their land anyway

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Bush really knows how to just keep on spending. As President he has cost this nation more regarding debt than any other President before him I understand.

His two wars is a total waste of time and to think he is itching to get us invovled in yet another conflict before he leaves office. I have always thought the best way for President's who love to wag war should be taken to an island with the other sides leader, both given the same weapons and then tell them, have at it. The one who walks out alive is declared the winner. All these wars do not really involve the citizens of the countries involved except for the young lives lost and mangled due to these idots desires to follow a bunch of elitest's plans for domination.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonar

Agree on all counts. And now not only is he submitting an even HIGHER defense budget proposal, but he's simultaniously freezing DOMESTIC spending on things such as medicare. Not too hard to figure out where all the priorities lie. Certainly not with his own citizens.

Makes me sick to my stomach.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join