It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush asking for $70 billion more to keep war going

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Bush asking for $70 billion more to keep war going

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Bush administration will ask Congress next week for $70 billion to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and other related operations for part of the 2009 fiscal year, the Pentagon said on Monday.

"We'll send up the fiscal year '09 budget (next Monday)," Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said. "It will have a request for an emergency allowance to support activities related to the global war on terror into 2009 ... in the amount of 70 billion."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-1-2008 by asala]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
And the beat of fiscal irresponsibilty and blundering foreign policy goes on...Just keep racking up those billions and billions that we don't have...No timetiable to get our guys out of there...

Cha-ching...Cha-ching...Cha-ching

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is just depressing at this point. They won, I have fully given in to apathy. Give them all the money they want, why do they even ask anymore? Just take it. We don't need to know. What the people want no longer matters.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ahhhhhh. we have it.. as long as we borrow from China... And whoever tf else we borrow off of.

Remember not only do we buy everything from walmart that is MADE in China, We now borrow billions by the day from them also.. Remember Support the homefront buy Chinese.. Ohhh wait that's American..

Then again what am I talking about.. I heard that from that wackjob Ron Paul.. from what I hear he don't know crap.. except the constitution.. Pay attention people Don't vote for Ron Paul because he wants to live the constitution.. really we don't need it.. Its just a damn piece of paper right?? look how not following the constitution has gotten us this far... Pretty soon we can thanks our leaders for setting us where we want to be.. straight to the poor house..

Isn't it great to know the government is thinking about you?

[edit on 1/28/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
WTF happened to the 555 billion they gave him last month.

is it just me or are they spending money like water.

when is it enough.

im no finacial expert but i think 555 billion a month we can not afford.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I said for a long time, they run america like theres infinite amount of money there. Obviously if it was still backed by gold, they would never have probably beat the soviet union in the 80's. They must of spent fortunes under reagen, and ever since its gone through the roof.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

They aren't paying $555 billion per month. That figure is the annual defense budget. The $70 billion is the cost for being in Iraq/Afghanistan(i.e. operating costs, not funding for weapon systems, etc..)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Give me a million, at least I wont be using it for war.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The best way to honor the sacrifice of our fallen troops is to acknowledge the failure of
our misguided mission , admit our mistakes , and bring our troops home now to avoid
any further bloodshed in this senseless war in Iraq .

It is deeply irresponsible for the President of the United States to send our children to
their untimely and unnecessary deaths under the false pretext for war , and to exhort
for more of the same from our young soldiers .

If we had brought our troops home from VIETNAM after 2272 killed , we could have saved 55930 American lives and millions of Vietnamese .

We need to learn from our mistakes in the past and should never again callously
allow the Iraq war to come full circle like another war , fought and lost not so
long ago in Vietnam .

How many more American soldiers are we willing to sacrifice for the so-called
complete victory for world domination from President Bush ?

How many more untimely deaths are we willing to ask from our selfless
young for the blind ambition of a selfish few ?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

LOLOL
yea.. Bush's have always been so quick to admit any mistakes..
LOLOL
would be nice though...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
As a soldier, I'd rather see a victory to honor the sacrifices made thusfar, rather than a capitualation, which would only serve to embolden fanatics, and would be thugs.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm just wondering what kind of Honorable country we are now that makes every US citizen pay for material and manufacturing costs to corporations that are supposed to be part of this same country we are all protecting.

When the system finally goes bankrupt, maybe these corporative bank accounts disappear or are just as useless also. Bank accounts in other countries will probably be just as useless.

Then the NWO and World Bank steps in and takes over and everyone is then told what to do rather than being paid. People talk about RFID chips but may not be aware whether they even have them already or possibly through some nano technology in the ink of their past receipts or paper money.

Where will you run......where will you hide?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What company of any product, makes things for free?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I say give him the millions he wants. Just be sure to give it to him in Monopoly money

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Why don't they just cut the check for Haliburton and various defense contractors and their investors and cut out the middle man? Better yet, just give them direct access to all our bank accounts. That's what it amounts to anyway.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
The best way to honor the sacrifice of our fallen troops is to acknowledge the failure of our misguided mission, admit our mistakes, and bring our troops home now to avoid any further bloodshed in this senseless war in Iraq .

Go right ahead and tell their families that their loved ones died for nothing.

Would you give the same advice to a firefighter or policeman?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

If they were out murdering people for money then yeah i would say the same thing . Since our military is payed , Why not.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
If they were out murdering people for money then yeah i would say the same thing . Since our military is payed , Why not.

So, now you are saying that all members of the military are basically hired killers? That they go out and kill first, ask questions later?

Are you serious?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

According to this report that's exactly what's happening.

And that's before we even get into this

So, two questions - are soldiers hired? i.e. do they receive pay?

Do soldiers kill?

If the answer to these questions is yes, wouldn't that make them hired killers?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join