It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Televison Shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hey, I just wanted to ask you people, as there are many people from different parts of the World, what paranormal television shows you know of?

I don't have Sky, but I do have digital, so I miss out on a lot of these type of shows unfortunately. I do though enjoy watching them online, through various websites. I know where to look for streaming media but I don't know many paranormal television shows so I'm usually stuck for things to look for as I browse through Google doing numerous searches.

So if you guys could list paranormal tv shows in your posts, that would be great! I'll get things going and show you what I know already so you don't get confused:

Most Haunted
Ghost Hunters
Ghost Hunters International
Haunting Evidence
Paranormal State

That's pretty much it, as far as I can remember right now. I did find a lot of shows from a particular show through Youtube last month but unfortunately lost the bookmark a while back! I really enjoy watching these shows online as it passes a bit of time, settled down drinking a hot drink. Some obviously more than others, but if you deem it as entertainment, you can't go wrong really.

So can you list paranormal tv shows that you've heard of from the present, or even from the past? That would be great, thanks!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've watched all but Haunting Evidence. Other then those, you might get lucky and catch shows here and there, like Discovery/History ect will show Haunted History. It's not as good as the shows you already mentioned, but you might find it interesting...sometimes the Travel will have stuff on it...like "World's Most Haunted Hotels" or something like that. A&E will sometimes run shows about the paranormal. By the way, what chanell runs Haunting Evidence?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
By the way, what chanell runs Haunting Evidence?

Living TV mate, [url=http://www.livingtv.co.uk/paranormal/features/haunting_evidence.php]>HERE

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
here are some more:

Haunted History
A Haunting
The Unexplained
Ghostly Encounters
Haunted America

here's a link too:
www.eeeek.com...
Hope this helps!
I love the ghost hunters, and Most Haunted, A Haunting i think sux. It looks fake, and staged.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by missa_wiccan_chick
A Haunting i think sux. It looks fake, and staged.

Paranormal State is another one that looks totally staged. I think it's the way it's presented and put forward. It's more like a paranormal soap drama than a real documentary style show.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I hate fake/hollywood looking haunting shows. Show us the real stuff!!!!
That's why I like Ghost Hunters, They show you everything, even if the place isn't haunted. Jay and Grant enspired me to found my own Paranormal group.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A new show, UFO hunters starts tomorrow (Wed) at 10pm on The History Channel. I'm definitely interested in this doc/series.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by roodyp4364
A new show, UFO hunters starts tomorrow (Wed) at 10pm on The History Channel. I'm definitely interested in this doc/series.

Yeah I'll be looking out for this on youtube!
Although I don't expect for the show to be startlingly 'out of this world.'

What will the show, show? How will it present it's findings? With Ghost Hunters, they have equipment and evidence to show you each episode. From what I've heard, they will be investigating old UFO cases and presenting new evidence from those. It won't be star gazing for an hour and hoping that something appears through the darkness above.

It's brilliant that they are keeping with the trend of what's fashionable at the moment, and that's UFO's and anything spiritual. I'm just worried how this show will come across. Will it be entirely rating based and for entertainment purposes only? Or will they really seek to find hard evidence?

Also I doubt very much that they will find anything of concrete proof. It's very hard when Aliens are concerned. Over the decades, not one piece of evidence has come forward that is 100% factual concerning aliens, that the entire World agrees with. So I can't see anything jaw dropping being presented here. But then I guess the same could be said about ghosts. Nothing is ever 100%, because we, as humans just don't understand everything.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Arawn]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
a 30 sec commercial for the show.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Looks pretty interesting, because from the commercial it looks like they examine some of the NASA UFO video/sightings. I haven't seen anybody else do this on any UFO show on TV.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to the UFO show too, got it DVR'd. Anyone like the Ghost Hunters show - International? Of course I like it, but it seems they label everything haunted even though on the origional show it would seem some of those locations wouldn't be, or would just have paranormal activity. Maybe it's the history of the places and that it's not just a residence. I'm gonna check that stuff out later Arawn, Family Guy take precedence over it tonight.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have seen all, but ghost hunters is the only one I keep watching. Its the best around, because nothing is haunted until they can prove it, and personal experiences (while very interesting), do not count as evidence. They explore all possibilities before making a conclusion and most of the time avoid the psychic approach, which can be fradulent.....cough..derek accorah..cough

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by missa_wiccan_chick
Yeah, I hate fake/hollywood looking haunting shows. Show us the real stuff!!!!
That's why I like Ghost Hunters, They show you everything, even if the place isn't haunted. Jay and Grant enspired me to found my own Paranormal group.

I think they are just reenactments of previous cases. That's just the feeling I get. Ghost Hunters is about dead to me as I found out they fake evidence. I'll still watch it but will take everything they do with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Anyone like the Ghost Hunters show - International? Of course I like it, but it seems they label everything haunted even though on the origional show it would seem some of those locations wouldn't be, or would just have paranormal activity.

Yeah you can really tell that Ghost Hunters is the spin off can't you. It just lacks that little bit of quality and thorough investigating. They have all the same gadgets and some members who've previously appeared on the show featuring, but it just seems a little bit 'light' in places.

They do seem to think that everything is haunted, just because of a few evp's here and there and from personal experiences. Jason and Grant in the old days needed much more than this. It seems that they label things haunted at the 'drop of a hat.'

As I posted on YouTube once though, this rivalry might be good for the original GhostHunters though. They won't want to become second fiddle to this spin off version so will be going all out to make sure they stay top of the pile. That little bit of friendly rivalry could be good for the show. As long as the rivalry doesn't turn into sloppy ghost hunting!

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Arawn]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ghost hunters international just isn't the same. They miss the honest feeling you got from the original. They seem to be looking to prove it is haunted vs proving it isn't. It is lite

Paranormal state is really badly filmed. Way too much camera movement and the voice over is terrible. It could have been much better had they not overdone those things. I can't even watch it.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm curious to know what the Ghost Hunters faked? If its that figure running up and back in the Jail; then ya, I myself thought it looked faked even if it couldn't be debunked.

I think with GHI you have more of a history to go on. You know? It isn't like it just started, you've got years, and in some cases 100's of years of it being considered haunted. So I mean I could see if they catch some EVP's, like the ones that directly answer the questions, I could see why they call it haunted then. Thats the only thing I could come up with as to why they call a lot of it haunted, remember those places are widely believed to be haunted. I mean if it was me doing an investigation and I got stuff on tape/audio and first hand experiences I'd be pretty much inclined to say its haunted. I do look forward to the screaming forest on tonights episode, and then the UFO show on the history chanell after that. I mean I like GHI, it's not bad. That Paranormal State, needs some work...but, its ok. Most Haunted, or whatever thats called, I can't watch that, just deplorable.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I'm curious to know what the Ghost Hunters faked? If its that figure running up and back in the Jail; then ya, I myself thought it looked faked even if it couldn't be debunked.

It was that and a few other figures that were proved to be fake. You have to check the scifi ghost hunters forums and search there they have a bunch of stuff. There is also a clip of Jason knocking on a wall which was caught on tape and saying what was that.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was on the TAPS website recently, but I don't guess they'd post that there. I guess I'll go check the Sci-Fi website and see what they got. Just yesterday I listened to the ATS podcast or whatever it was with Steve, I think Thelibra did that interview, pretty interesting. Steve basically said in that they go to the places that have the most activity; you know, for ratings sake, ect. I'm not saying they don't fake, or haven't faked...it could go either way. I did find this one, where they were talking about the Seatle episode, with this shadow/statue thing. I mean the evidence they were presenting, it could go either way. Still, for the most part, I think they're more "honest" than most of the shows out there. I haven't seen that clip with Jason, but it just sounds funny; wonder what he'd have to say to it?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Did any of you watch Paranormal State last night? Where the guy and his wife were being tormented by spirits, turns out the husband was a satan worshipper? His poor wife was being tormented so bad she wouldn't stay in the house alone. Anyway, I fell asleep in the last set of commercials and didn't see the end. Was wondering how it turned out.

Stupid guy performing rituals in his basement -- behind his terrified wife's back, lol, and calls for an investigation??? I just hope the PS people read him the riot act in the end; if not, I'm done watching that goofy show.

new topics

top topics

join