It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Board tips!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well don't you think your so funny.
What drugs are you on buddy??
If you don't have a REAL oppinion, DONT POST!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by missa_wiccan_chick

Hello there missa_wiccan_chick (cute name by the way),

I'd like to begin by stating that what I am about to say is not meant to be personally offensive to you in any way ... unfortunately, if you are the person I think you are, then that's probably going to be inevitable.

As a wytch to a wytchling ... can I ask how old you are now and how long you've been 'practising' ?

The reason I ask is because you mention receiving a new board for your 16th birthday ... and that your old one was 'beaten to hell' (very apt), because you'd had it for years.

What were you about 8yrs old when you got your first board ????

You put yourself up as a bit of an authority and offer your services as an adviser (why wouldn't you ... after all you inform us that you've been studying demonology for some years)!
But then continue with some of your advise by using phrases like ...

'As far as I know'

and

'I suppose'

Now, if I was having a bit of a demon/possession problem I'm pretty certain I'd be wanting my 'expert advise' to come with a damn sight more certainty and conviction than that.

The other thing that drew my attention was your reply to the question ...

'How did you get to be such an expert'?

Your reply ...

'Books my friend ... lot's and lot's of books'.

Well, that's an admirable pass-time ... and we can all learn a great deal from books. However, that doesn't really give anyone 'expert status' for example, if I needed emergency surgery ... I would demand the services of a surgeon who'd done a little more than read that excellent volume entitled 'How To Perform Emergency Surgery' by Dr M Y. De'Ath

Do you see the point I'm making ?

Your signature is very true ... I'm just wondering if you've actually read and understood the words at all.

My advise is ... don't try to run before you can walk ... because this stuff can get out of control and be made a lot worse by someone who thinks they have all the answers. Might I suggest that you put your copy of the film 'The Craft' at the back of the cupboard with your board ... and focus on the reality of being a wytch ... trust me the real thing is far more exciting.

Woody

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

My limited (but I believe accurate) impression is that Missa is talented. She is also brave. We need people familiar with the occult. With Ouija. With dynamite. With surgery. Missa is determined to be a bomb expert, a dangerous but vitally needed occupation in this world.

I acquiesce to your superior knowledge of this Woodwytch, because I've seen your other posts, and I grant you have a lot of wisdom about you. This post, just by itself, clearly demonstrates that.

Perhaps you can mentor Missa a bit, possibly via the U2U system? Where else is she going to get any real apprenticeship of this type in this world?

(A rhetorical question, I assure you. I would rather not know the answer!)

Very fascinating (but scary) post and thread!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Hi there Buck Division,

I have already posted on 'missa's profile telling her that I was not being nasty ... just concerned that she was a little misguided and reaching too high ... consequences and all that.

I also believe that she has potential ... and passion for the craft ... I have also offered my help in her progress if she wishes it but so far I have had no reply.

I would like to say here (for everyone to read) that re-reading my previous post, I did come across a bit stern ... but that was only because I can see her taking on more than she can handle ... my intentions are true and my help/advise is here for missa ... or anyone else for that matter ... who wants to progress along the 'TRUE' path of the witch. I appologize to you missa if I was a little high-rate with you.

Woody.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I would like to thank Buck, your a good friend.
And i would like to say that WoodyWytch and I are friends, and I didn't take offense to anything that she said. I would also like to let her know that I realize that demonology is totally separate from the path of a Witch. I take both subjects seriously though, and believe the demonology is a MUST KNOW in the field of Paranormal Investigation.
I was 10 when i got the first board, used already, and played with it back then as a "toy". I know better now.
I started this thread as a warning, and cause i realize people don't listen, to take precaution about it.
I don't in any way, shape, or form condone the use of the Ouija in any way.
And as for "The Craft" comment...I do like the movie, but i KNOW magick doesn't work that way.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ok, so about the only information I have on Ouija boards I learned here or by listening to Coast To Coast AM, but it seems to be nothing but trouble.

On response to Ketzer22 who asked if objects like bibles and rosaries help (I apoligize I don't know how do insert quotes), there was an interview on Coast to Coast AM around 1997, I believe, although it could have been a bit later with Father Malachi Martin, a priest (he passed away a few years back). Father Martin's interview was called "Perfect Possession" and he said that a strong demon could perfectly possess a person, and holy water, rosaries, etc would not have any effects on it. This type of demon would have no problem walking into a church or anything of that nature. That leads me to believe that those types of items would be ineffective when used as protection from true demons. Of course I don't know if a demon such as this would use an oujia board to find a victim or if they have other ways of making their choices, but the thought was very frightening.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific with my information, I haven't heard the interview in quite awhile, although I have the interview on a cd at home. You may be able to find a reference to it somewhere on the C2C website. Art Bell did the interview. I can't check the website though because the site is blocked on my work computer.

Missa, I think it was very good of you to put a warning out to other people, I think you were lucky to avoid any real harm over your years of using the boards.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Merry Meet, Missa;
Nice to see a kindred being here... as far as the entire Ouija situtation...obviously, if you've experienced it; 'nuff said... .there are "things" and entities out there as well as within that will really boondoggle the heck out of you and your life...not to mention leave you no choice but to violate the Rede...
Be Well.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I originally had no intention of replying to this thread... honestly, with all the ouija board threads out there, I honestly didn't think that this one would have lasted as long as it has. Anyway...

I've said it befoe, and I will probably say it again: The ouija board is a tool, plain and simple. It is not good, it is not evil. It is a tool. It is in the useage that makes it what it is.

Go about it foolishly, and you will be fooled. Use it with respect, and you will be respected. It is as simple as that. It is, after all, just a tool.

Along the same lines, look at what happens when idiots play with guns, compared to someone who knows and respects firearms.

Now, before all the nay-sayers jump on me, remember this: Solomon consorted with demons, and yet he's held in very high regard. Am I to take it that the ouija board is more demonic then demons? Answer carefully...

Lastly, and I mean no offense, for this is just an observation... how can someone be warning others of the darker nature of ouija boards, and finding faults with its use, and yet still manages to own one?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
...and even if it sounds like your talking to someone that you knew who has passed, it is most likely not who you were wanting to speak with!
They like to play with people's minds!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Nice observing of words Wytch!
I would have missed them if you would'nt have explained them more clearly!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

I think the point you make about the 'ouija board' in itself not being good / evil, is exactly right (as is true of any witchcraft paraphanalia) ... they are just tools.

The reason I believe the ouija board to be particularly dangerous, is the very fact that they are accessible to 'anyone'.

In the right hands they are controlled (even then there is an element of risk involved) ... but when they get into the hands of someone who has no idea about what they could potentially be dealing with and see the whole thing as a 'bit of fun' ... well ... it leaves me cold.

As 'missa' has already mentioned a witch (or anyone else involved with the paranormal), has a responsibility to be aware of the dark-side too ... otherwise how can we protect ourselves and others against it ?

And the point cannot be stressed strongly enough, that 'demons' are the tricksters of the spirit world ... and are adepts at pretending to be who/what we want/hope for (e.g; deceased relative/friend/spirit-guide etc.). Once they have contact they can cause all sorts of mayhem that (worse case senario) can result in mental illness and/or suicide.

Ok, this probably sounds over the top and exaggerated ... the fact is this is the reality of things ... demons/evil spirits do exist ! And a ouija board is one of their easiest access point.

Why ?

Because you give them a personal invitation to come through.

Think about it ...

'Is there anybody there' ?

No specifics ... just 'anybody'!!!

When working with the paranormal it is VITAL to be specific ... if you dismiss everything else I've said here, at least take the importance of being specific on board.

Sorry for the rant. Woody

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
As 'missa' has already mentioned a witch (or anyone else involved with the paranormal), has a responsibility to be aware of the dark-side too ...

And judging by the numerous occult / arcane based thread circulating around ATS, not too many people take that into consideration. Even among the more mainstream religious threads, no one takes into account the darker nature of their beliefs or paths.

In this respect, it is the ying-yang. Cannot have one without the other... which is why I stay within the shadows, so to speak, a perfect blending, albiet a difficult one.

But to toss aside the ouija board because of its potential, or the participants lack of experience?

They will learn, as we all have. I seriously doubt any one of us was 'perfect' within this craft on our first try. It took serious trial and error, learning through our mistakes, or learning from others who have been there / done that (which is why I started that Let the Lessons Begin thread).

We never prevent children from taking their first steps... how else will they learn to walk?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Wise words 'Soothsayer' very wise words. And yes, people do have to make discoveries for themselves. I myself found that lesson out the hard way in my early days. But learn the lesson I did. This was nothing to do with ouija boards (I personally wouldn't touch one with a barge-pole), but I have had to help a few people who have had problems as a result of such.

As you say, we don't prevent a child from taking it's first steps ... but neither would we let a child walk into oncoming traffic to take those first steps.

I suppose it's my natural nurturing instinct that wants to protect people from making unnesessary mistakes ... but at the end of the day the choices they make should always be their own.

Woody.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well said everyone!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone who responded!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I would suggest that you have a sealable, water-filled container nearby, and that all of the participants wear amulets that have a mirror or other reflective surface. Just in case.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I dont really know what to make of the "tool." When I was in grade school we had one in our classroom in the box of toys/board games they had for us in place of recess on rainy days. I am not sure why they had it but it was there and we used it. I do recall it telling us the name of a new councelor that was watching us after school. It was a private school, so we had after school "councelors" that watched us until our parents got us.

Other than that I have never really messed with one. What would be the dangers of giving one to children?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I wouldn't.
I don't recommend them to anyone. Children don't know who to use them correctly, and that can lead to trouble.
The spirits will act nice, till they gain your trust, then WHAM! They turn on you.
These aren't toys, and I don't suggest using it as one.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I used one last night, asking dumb stuff and It would come up with an answer but I wanted proof that it worked so it was dark and I was not using it but I said "ask it how many fingers im holding behind me back in the dark" It went to 4, how many I had so I was kinda shocked but it was a 1/10 chance odds so again I said ask it again and I had 1 up so right again so then I really wanted to put it to the test so I walked downstairs nobody followed me wrote down threw numbers put them in my pocket and the board predicted them all, I was shocked and a believer for the first time and a first time use with the board but I also heard they dont always work and it depends where you are at, who you are with and if someone is trying to pull a prank with the board it will for sure not work, about the being careful, I suggest being careful cause it will freak you the F### OUT!!! and also we was using a toys-r-us glow in the dark board.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
quite an interesting thread.

Normaly i avoid the paranormal section, because I am getting to curious - and couriosity isn't always if favour of mankind especially if you know, that you have some psychic ability.

I am new to the whole Ouija topic, and have some really simple newbie questions:

1. Why do you have to use a special board? It's a bunch of plastic, isn't it? A product, manufactured in factories etc - how come it can be a portal for a spirit? As far as I know, a spirit can contact you in many different way's. In two words - why use a board, and not (f.e.) my washing machine?

2. How does the board work? Do you say any special phrases, make special things? Or is it just touching it and the some spirit drops by?

3. Is there any way to sense the spirit before it "takes you over"?

Just three questions out of couriosity - sorry for my bad spelling, I sleeped well in english class

absent`e

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join