It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Ron Paul - The USA needs Romney

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trilliumari

Originally posted by sdtietge
You have to realize how the world has been going lately, expecially the u.s. we might not even have a president in 2009. I heard from a guy named ronald weinland, some of you may or may not know him, that the U.S. is supposed to get attacked in april, in chicago, washington d.c. and new york, ya know all of those big cities, so watch and see what happens in april, we'll see if arguing over who should be president is even worth it.

Absolutely!! Then, of course, there's always the infamous Third Term, if "it" happens before the Inauguration.

After the election occurs, whomever the winner is will be the next president. There will be no third term regardless of what happens. The only way an election would be suspended would be if DC got hit with a WMD, and the majority of the government was wiped out.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The last thing this country needs is another rich religio-theocratic "leader" to continue in ol' GW's footsteps.

OP mentioned how he has pulled corporations out of the gutter. What they failed to mention was that each time he's done this it's SERIOUSLY lined his pockets in doing so.

So if his ability to make money is all we're basing support on, then his presidency would be just more of the same we've had the past seven years.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Mitt is afraid of Ron Paul.
Mitt is afraid of ANY interview that does not go his way.
Today, he laughed at Ron Paul (nervously), proved he might understand budgets, but not economics. then Fled the interview.
The Talk Radio GUY was LIVID.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
No way! In america we actually go all the way when we say we support anyone (at least me). I have nothing against australia, but you aren't the one voting and aren't the one who should tell people how to turn their economy around. Excuse me, but I only wish to say how outwardly arrogant that is. Sometimes it really sucks to be in america. We get too much attention ( thnx corporate military complex!). If only people realized some americans aren't total idiots. With all respect this is a little insulting. *makes sticky note to remember to look up australian politics*

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

I understand everyone's passion on the election but the reality is still the same. Ron Paul still has no chance to win. He is down in every poll. Just look at the poll numbers from realclearpolitics.com

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Sooner or later your choice is either to vote for the best candidate that can win or don't vote at all. Period! None of the candidates impress me but I'm certainly not looking at any one who has zero chance of winning.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by EndOfFile]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

If the president is good at making corporate profits, then he's good for the corporations, who hire newscasters, editorialists, and spokespeople with gobs and gobs of otherwise free money to tell us that hte nation needs to be run like a corporation.

Which is to say that a citizen is a servant of the state who gets a stipend according to how well he behaves

Which is to say, crappy work by the leaders is to be rewarded with sizable rewards taken from the pockets of those below them

Which is to say, the bottom line is all that matters, so reduced quality is of minimal interest so long as a few cents profit are still being made.

Which is to say, accountability can be entirely erased by shuffling a scapegoat among the ranks of the company.

Which is to say, when the house of cards fall, it's the employees and consumer who are caught in the tumble, and not the persons responsible.

Which is to say, outright illegal activities are punished in terms of who you know and who you pay rather than what the law says.

Which is to say, there are no "people," there is only a "market" to be "exploited."

Which is to say, there's no need to change or improve anything so long as the five people at the top are coming out ahead.

America (any country, really) needs to be run as a corporation like syphilis needs to be airborne.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
In a world that is driven my money - we don't need a CEO at the helm of the most powerful nation on earth.

What's next President CEO? Iran? Oh, I hear Venezuela is prime for a corporate takeover.

Romney is at a disconnect with the common people of this nation.

He will not win the election, even if nominated by the Republican party.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wow...After 8 years of nothing but ass raping gas prices and energy prices and a lending market that has done a belly flop...Yea you go right ahead and put another REPUBLICAN back in office. I will cast my vote for satan!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Paul is going to lose because it's all predetermined.

To sum it up for all the slow people here, who base their opinions on CNN, Fox, NBC, headline news.... He is everything but what you've heard. Not a religious quack, not a bring the world back to 1800s thinking, not a 911 truther. He is for us, and wants the best. The message is what's important.

The Dying middle class is on life support, its time for the Doctor.

The fact is, he is for us, the common man/ woman, the true owners of the nation (us, the people, the blood of democracy) that are protected by the constitution. We own this land, all of us. Remember that. We make it or break it, we are not the slaves to it. We have the responsibility to help save this country, because if we lose, the world looses. If we let out liberty die, we are lost.

For the bright people, please re-read your history books, and restudy the fall of Rome. Stretched resources across the empire. Sound familiar. Want to live during a country's death, I don't.

Paul understands this. No one else does. So whats worse keeping Iraq in chaos for another 1000 years with 100000000 deaths, or Protecting and investing here? What's worse, printing money out of nothing, and paying a 1/3 of your salary towards it, or gold standard? Think about it. I am sick of being a slave to debt.

The media is control. Almost a Class-Monopoly, in terms of being Elite owned, thus only having concerns for the rich.

Its takes more then CEO smiles, digging up Reagan, using the religion cards, squint y smirks to save this country. But it gets the status quo, to forget about how life totally sucks now. We are on the verge for encountering a government that the 60s counter culture helped stall. We are actually on the way to getting worse.

Anyone who thinks Paul's standing in the Polls were not manipulated by Media, then you are a part of a greater reason for America's decline in everything.

If you blacklist a Candidate, throughout his entire campaign, even until there are only four left. Well of course the Status Quo will believe that he's a nobody, and unelectable. This does not even include misrepresenting him with lower numbers.

His Party has non officially abandoned him as well.

Media sway has darkened our Country. Corrupt Media and the way it tries to tell us how to feel, who to vote for, what to eat, what to buy, how to live, has killed America. Paul is just another Victim.

The fact that Paul has no chance, is not any inkling to how he would have helped America.

Media is here to set the status quo, and unforuntately alot of people like the status quo, like being mindless.

So yeah, think a former ceo who thought the Big Dig was a success, fix out government. Go to Mass and ask the former middle class and poor how he helped them.

Oh yeah vote for a Christian Extremist with a good understanding of

Mindless America 2008.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm sorry I got to weigh in here

the US needs Romney like we need another hole in the head
after Bush left the first one draining for 8 years.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I agree. Paul doesn't have a chance, in my opinion. However, people are so biased towards anyone different, that they'd rather vote for a shill like John McCain, than give Romney a chance. It's pathetic in my estimation.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

The USA needs Romney? Are you kidding me? Who is Mormon which is a cult btw!

Explain why he's 17 million dollars in debt then from his campaign funds?

We need a good leader who has some sense and won't send us deeper into the bottomless pit of debt.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
If you watched the CNN debate last night like I did then you will be even more satisfied that Romney has the Brains to sort out the financial mess. Onthe topic of Paul though he was squarely cheated out of fair time and questioning by the jips at CNN but everytime he answered a question he come across as a whiney whinger with a tone that made you instantly dislike him.....thats why he isn't getting fair airtime I think--> presentation.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Nice topic man! Visit:

mymanmitt.com or electromneyin2008.com

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'm actually starting to like Romney a lot and I realize there will be a lot of mud-slinging due to him being LDS...McCain seems to be using a lot of dirty tactics and while I respect his military service I don't believe he has as much qualifications imo as Romney. I guess I sort of did a 180...I have been one of those people who aren't fond of the LDS establishments, but he doesn't seem to bring up religion much at all...and he was a former gov of Massachusetts...He has the credentials and he's a successful business man not just a politician. So I think he's possibly the best choice now.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Mitt Romney ran on the platform that he was the one experienced in the economy because he was a CEO of several companies and advisor to many others. The problem I have with this is that it is the corporations and people like Mitt Romney that are responsible for the decline of the economy we are seeing today. Not to mention war, trade deals that effectively erase American sovereignty, bills that spy on Americans, and money they pocket for their companies when they are elected to office. This is the America people like Romney created and this is the America we live in today. No more please.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Romney pulled out a week ago so I guess this topic is toast....just like the USA is about to become

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

He's still a political figure to contend with. And the is speculation about his posturing for 2012.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join