It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Ron Paul - The USA needs Romney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have been following the Primaries closely and its become plainly obvious that Ron Paul has basically no show. The USA doesn't need to continue with its wars, the real issue is the economy and its flow on effects to the world in general. McCain only promises war and more never ending wars with the continuance of Bush's Middle East interventionist policies which always seem to be driving up Oil Prices and make the West a further target to the Jihadist's.

Romney is an ex CEO and has a proven track record of turning around hopeless cases like Bairds in the late 90's. Commerce and standard of living versus more sensless killings? I know what I'd pick.

Come on Paul advocates get real and realise he has no chance. Here in Australia we kicked out the Liberals kast year because they tried to enslave us with their work place laws putting Companies ahead of the Mum's and Dad's and our rights to a fair chance of rights in the workforce and to earn a fair living.

The real issue as I see it in the USA is to prevent the collapse of your dollar and a massive fall in your standard of living...which will have massive flow on's to the rest of the world. No more war which means don't give McCain the rains to ramp up the conflict in the world.

Vote Romney to turn around your financial problems, BTW I was fully supportive of Ron until it dawned on me that he is no chance of making the Leader of the GOP let alone have a chance as an independent.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What makes you think that a Millionaire (or is it billion?) former CEO would be out to help the average American and not his former CEO colleagues? A huge problem with our country now is that it is being run by the corporations for the corporations, no longer by the people for the people. So forgive me if I am a little bit resisitant voting in somone who has benefited from our corrupt system to the degree that he has.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

By looking at his track record thusfar. Has he only helped his rich buddies in the past, and if not, why should we automatically assume that he would in the future?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Romney is an idiot!This guy cares about nothing but his money, PERIOD! He's a business man not a leader. For crying out loud don't you think the current administration is screwed up enough. Are you well off? Are you wanting to line your pockets with the blood of others? I don't know. You have a lot of guts to admit that you support Mr. Moneybags though!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I believe Ron Paul does have a chance at the presidency. His popularity has really taken off and the people who support him are ardent in their support.

Romney, OTOH, worked for a company that arranged Leveraged Buy-Outs, that was his job. LBO's simply don't work, they are bad economics and it helps to destroy our economy.
Also, don't forget that Mitt Romney's father is George Romney; who has long been associated with Bechtel, a company which operates just like Halliburton does with all of its ruthless, illegal and immoral financial dealings. Mitt is one of the elite, why would he be interested in American's welfare, he's one of the ones who has helped to create this mess.
If you watch Mitt, look in his eyes. He has all of the intelligence of a grapefruit, he doesn't look too smart to me.
Mitt's wealth came from his super rich family, a fortune made off of the backs of middle class America.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Romney is a shill. He makes a great deal about his coming in and saving the Olympics when the previous executives screwed them up but when asked about the $12B bill he left the people of Massachusetts because of the corruption and mismanagement of the Big Dig he blames his predecessors. So apparently his corporate majic only works some of the time.

This guy lies. He changes his position with the wind. ANY candidate who supports continuing the wars is on crack. We cannot afford it. Period. For God's sake, Romney even calls Bush a hero! What more could you possibly need to know????

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

I clicked because I thought maybe this was a joke. I see that it is not, but I am also glad to see that all responses were along the lines of my thoughts towards Romney. IMO, he's basically an evil, wannabe puppet, probably worse than Bush, but almost certainly our next president if Hillary wins the Democratic nomination. Here's a little more info:

Romney, Torture, and Teens

Double Guantanamo

At least while I don't agree with a lot of Ron Paul's issues, I do believe he is a man of integrity. Romney on the other hand epitomizes much that I believe is wrong with our society today, which is why I think he's a mainstream media favorite. As such, it's much harder to get free thinkers, like those here at ATS to go along with his affronts to true American principles.

I hope we give Obama a chance. I still think he's the best real shot we have to guide us back towards being a free country that may regain some of its moral leadership in the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Romney's not my first choice, but I wouldn't hold being a businessman against a candidate, as if that's bad word. I'd prefer that, to someone with no business sense like a Jimmy Carter. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Look at his key people and their "resumes"

Key People-Gov. Mitt Romney

Scares me

(You, alone, have managed to bring me out of Lurker Mode, btw)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trilliumari
Look at his key people and their "resumes"

Key People-Gov. Mitt Romney

Scares me

(You, alone, have managed to bring me out of Lurker Mode, btw)

Could you be more specific as to which of his key people scare you with their resumes?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I've been considering Romney myself.

Think about it , it would be the first time in American History we would have a First Lady,
...and a Second, and a Third, and a...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
Romney's not my first choice, but I wouldn't hold being a businessman against a candidate, as if that's bad word. I'd prefer that, to someone with no business sense like a Jimmy Carter. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

We are not talking about the average businessman here. We are talking about a family that is behind corporate giants, the kind that have been robbing the American people blind. Hardly a good candidate to get this country back on track.
Jimmy Carter on the other hand, has run his family peanut growing business all his life - no business sense or experience? I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You know who would be the best pick for prez... The guy who is shut out from debates, ignored from media, polite in debates, easy to listen to, non combative, and raised a lot of money from supporters for his campaign.

We need some one who thinks different than hollier than thou romney, hold the meeting, I have to talk to my wife guiliana, bi-polar clintoes, I go with the flow obama, pretty boy edwards.

We need Ron Paul to make the change, break the mood, shut the door on war, make the peace and take care of the here and now.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I apologize but this is a very ignorant thread.

WOW

Everything the OP speaks about in terms of economy is important, but to treat the symptoms and not the cause is futile. The problem of the economy is empire-building, that is the problem.

Watch this:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm Alexi Humi and I approve that Ron Paul approves of this message

I love the way Ron Paul represents himself and would admire it more if he represented me as my future President and I'm sure that I'm not alone. And what could be more fair a living than abolishing the income tax?
America doesn't need a CEO, it needs a Dr.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
hey, I know, find someone who's been working his tush off and going nuts just trying to make ends meet and keep up the those social service jones' out there all his life....I bet he has spent more time analyzing the systems in place, finding the problems in the systems and thinking of ways to correct them than any of the candidates have, or will, ever!!

Of the main leading candidates, sorry ron paul isn't one, none of them are talking straight with the american people, and none of them have giving me any indication that have any plans other than to keep going down the road we've been traveling for the past few decades.....and if we don't get off this course, it ain't gonna matter much longer.

MICKEY MOUSE FOR PRESIDENT!!!
He might not help that much, but he certainly won't be screwing things up as bad!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well apparently he forgot his business sense with the economic situation he left the country in. How successful a peanut farmer has he been anyhow?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hi blueraja,

Many of his alliances have supported/worked for Bush-Cheney, Bush Sr., Jeb, Karl Rove, Blackwell, Gonzales, Tom Delay and/or are executives of big business, management investment fund companies, etc. I’m under the adage that we are what our “friends” are.
Big Business will put the bottom-line first as we are witnessing all around us.

Imo, we need a president AND his alliances that put us first, second and third, nothing less. “We the People, For the People”

I may not agree with Dr. Paul on every issue, however, and imo, he is our last hope to end the wars and to rein in the absolute corruptness that abounds.
Then, there’s this:
NH recount

btw, most peanuts are now imported.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You have to realize how the world has been going lately, expecially the u.s. we might not even have a president in 2009. I heard from a guy named ronald weinland, some of you may or may not know him, that the U.S. is supposed to get attacked in april, in chicago, washington d.c. and new york, ya know all of those big cities, so watch and see what happens in april, we'll see if arguing over who should be president is even worth it.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdtietge
You have to realize how the world has been going lately, expecially the u.s. we might not even have a president in 2009. I heard from a guy named ronald weinland, some of you may or may not know him, that the U.S. is supposed to get attacked in april, in chicago, washington d.c. and new york, ya know all of those big cities, so watch and see what happens in april, we'll see if arguing over who should be president is even worth it.

Absolutely!! Then, of course, there's always the infamous Third Term, if "it" happens before the Inauguration.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join