It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Secret US Military Space Program. Is The Future Already Here?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Killer link, snoopyuk, thanks!

reply to post by daniel_g

Budgetary constraints under your scenario, scapegoat under mine.

Newsflash!

The plans are in the works to not only bypass going "back" to the moon, but also a mission to Mars, is being yanked as well:

Spacefight Now | Moon Stuck | Space leaders work to replace lunar base with manned asteroid missions

Read the article and you'll find that they are proposing to scratch the VSE and, instead, send manned missions to asteroids, not the moon, and, not Mars, but two of it's moons!?

What is it about our moon and Mars that they don't want to be made public?!?

Who, or what, is getting yanked here?

IMHO, NASA is nothing but the trowel-applied pancake makeup on the whore to special interests the hidden US space program has become.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Spinal Tap changed the whole UNIVERSE for the funnier..I mean better.
I'm not guaranteeing any success. But since you probably have more experience with this sort of thing than I do..Got any pointers so I don't wind up with gold speckled quartz herpes?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I love people like Cool Hand who believes everything the government spouts out at them. Its a fact that there is a black budget even the government doesnt deny that anymore. So where does that money go? I think this is totally believable I dont see anyone who can prove it wrong without a doubt. I dont see anyone who can prove it right without a doubt either but Ill go ahead and choose to think outside the box. There sure are a lot of UFO sightings these days and I know they are not F16s like the government says they are.

Cool you just keep believing everything your told oh and btw I have a bridge in brooklyn for sale you interested?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Hi Kindred. I thought of the same thing why not capture the spy satellite and avoid the posibility of someone or group of people being harmed. My conclusion is they have the technology to capture the old spy satellite but do not want us on Earth to know they have the technology to do so.

Of course it is cheaper to let it fall to earth and take a crap shoot of where every it falls. This particular spy satellite has out lived its life span and purpose and has been replaced many times over with advanced spying technology. Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Rumors of advanced technology hidden from the public eyes.
Stories about crafts we named Flying Saucers, rumored they belong to otherwordly beings.
The military cooperating with an alien civilization.

Are all these things new?
Are there signs of our times?

No certainly not!

Here is a link of an interesting thread about historical records 2000+ years old that talk about the same things.
Military and advanced technology, aliens(?) helping the outcome of a decisive historical battle, intervening in an historical military campaign created by real historical persons that changed human history forever, influencing sides for unknown reasons and changing history right there.

First they mysteriously attacked the invading army.
Secondly they mysteriously aided the invading army siege a mighty fortress that would not be taken otherwise.

None of the opposing armies claimed they were of their own.
None claimed they were aware of their existence until that incident.

Vanished without a trace and without a hint for the underlying purpose of their puzzling and mysterious actions.

Probably the most mysterious page of the human history.

www.furrsfurchrist.com...

Compare this to the stories of today. We have no real facts but only rumors. We have taken sides without really knowing or seeing anything factual. Only stories and rumors.
Imagine what we would be talking about if we were witnesses of the same in our modern days and judge for yourself.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Got any pointers so I don't wind up with gold speckled quartz herpes?

Hey, I'm no Physicist by any stretch, I just work with them.

If I had any doubts about an experiment, I would build in remotes to throw the switch and stand behind a concrete reinforced wall. I'm chicken of what I am not sure of. BuhCuuuck!

I use my foot to open public bathroom doors and lift seats. I don't like experimenting with biotics either

You know, many of the brightest people coming out of school for the last 40 years or more have been gobbled up by the military. Even before they graduate. Can you even imagine the inventions and problems we could have solved in the public domain by now in home garages by these young Einsteins, Bohr's, Eddington's and Curie's?

The military recruters are in the schools systems and get the youngsters with praise and promises, then stick them in government labs and contract labs of corporations who keep them silent and subservient. Those they know are too smart to control are dealt with likely by secretly pulling any opportunities from them and keeping them on the farm with the folks or as managers of McDonald's.

The Brain Drain.

ZG

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
reply to post by mikesingh

I'll repeat it to you: If you are going to say that there is something fishy with NASA's budget, at least try to provide proof of what you are saying.
Here, why don't you have fun with the 2007 budget?
Do the math, look up the projects. If you find large amounts of money missing, or non-existing programs, then say so, I'm open minded.

And I'll repeat that again -about the missing Trillions!

2.3 Trillion Pentagon Dollars Unaccounted For!

There are people inside the military who are risking their lives to expose the problem. Will anything get done? Probably not! If you’re able to shield $2.3 trillion dollars and funnel that money into unaccounted for programs, chances someone with enormous power is behind all of this.That kind of power can’t be bought, it is above the law and may even be ‘working’ to further national ‘interests’.

Sounds like something out of the movies, eh?
whitehouser.com...

According to estimates, the Department of Defense and the Department of Housing and Urban Development cannot account for over $3 trillion allotted to them by Congress, amounting to thousands of dollars of missing money for every man, woman and child in the country.

The Department of Defense has failed to produce independent audited financial statements since the requirement went into effect in 1995. HUD's Inspector General refused to certify HUD's fiscal 1999 financial statements."
www.rense.com...

So where have the missing Trillions gone? To fund top secret black budget programs. It would be naive to think otherwise!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

Not to single you out personally but from your postings in this thread, it seems obvious that you have never served in the armed forces nor have you been a gov employee. If you had been then you would have known that many projects that have little or no security are never released to the public.

In response to secret launches, Vandenberg launches all the time and never tells the public about it. It has become so routine that no one pays attention to it. I am sure that the AF and gov tells the public everything that goes on at Edwards too...NOT!

Secondly, if you want to hide something put it in plain sight or make it look like something it is not. Remember the 117, it had been flying for ten years before the public found out about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
isn't it a smack in our face when THEY launch planes into orbit and beyond, leaving us here fighting for "democracy", killing each other?
THEY have the technology we all dream about. there is so much room around us in the space, but they keep decimating us with stoneage handfire weapons.

just think about this irony: they keep researching and backengineering top secret space crafts and alternative energy sources, kick teslas and others butts, but send us dumb people to wars, hundreds of stupid never ending war zones, all around the earth.
they keep us busy in fighting each other, making up some red-floods we are supposed to be afraid of and have to pay for big, but in the end, they both (russia and america) work together!
it is nuts as always: politicians meet and shake hands, the next day, they let US shoot each other. now if you divide it down to that and neglect to see that WE are stupid enough to believe their nonsense, then we deserve this outcome.

i would love to go to the moon and those bodies beyond our solar system. i think we have the ability in us and around us. but this would be the new aera, them are keeping away from us.

around us there is so much space to live in peace and harmony, but they keep us piled up high on gaya, making it look like the wasted planet.

shouldn't we people of the world unite and force them to show and tell us what they have been hiding for the last century? we deserve it, now lets get our hands on the stuff we deserve!
step up so that we get what we deserve: the right to fly a shuttle and to live wherever one wants to live. on the planet or beyond the stars...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I always thought that it was rather obvious that there are other space programs that we weren't told about. After all, it isn't unlikely for nations to compete, trying to reach a new ground that the competition hasn't reached yet in order to gain an advantage of some sort.

I wonder if the U.S. is using alien or otherwise really advanced technology to try and conquer the world? Otherwise I don't see how they could have the nads to be the imperialist world police that they're trying to be. Surely they wouldn't think that they could take on the entire world unless they had something up their sleeve.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Unfortunately, if these plans are adopted, it means we'll be sidestepping further lunar activity.

So first we don't get good new data form the japanese and Chinese probes and now they are talking "lets not go"

Must be something really big going on up there... and with all the 'near miss' asteroids this week on Earth and Mars... so WHY do they want to land on asteroids instead? :puz"

Besides their publicly stated justifications, "the Moon is so yesterday," one must wonder for what other reasons, once again, they are putting new lunar exploration on the back burner?

It may be true then, as someone stated; the next men to publicly step on the moon, will speak Chinese.

That was Buzz Aldrin

revver.com...

BTW notice that Buzz says that the Chinese will be BACK on the moon twice

[edit on 29-1-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
hey mike sory to butt in on this but could you annswer a quick question? (er...another) how do you insert images into your post instead of an external image whiich I get when i use what coding do you use or did you use on your OP.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
Do the math, look up the projects. If you find large amounts of money missing, or non-existing programs, then say so, I'm open minded.

LOL The "Secret Space Program" is NOT run by NASA... and I doubt NASA even knows what all they send up. Its run by the DoD and the other departments of the Military..

One absolute proof of this is the Clementine spacecraft... this was a DoD/Navy SDI project... NASA simply provided mission control Thta is why all the data sets from Clementine are available on the Navy Research Lab websites

Missing money? how about the 25% of all defense budget dollars unaccounted for?

How about the 3.5 TRILLION dollars missing from the Pentagon that was announced Sept 10, 2001? And we all know what happened the next day

9/10/2001: Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon
www.youtube.com...

McKinney Grills Rumsfeld
www.youtube.com...

Rumsfeld 2.3 Trillion Dollars missing Pentagon 1 DAY b4/9-11
www.youtube.com...

2.3 TRillion $$ of the TAXPAYER's MONEY IS MISSING
www.youtube.com...

Rumsfeld admits 2.3 trillion missing on 9/10
www.youtube.com...

15 Billion in NASA sapce budget you say? LOL A mere drop in the bucket compared to the secret space program

And don't forget Gary McKinnon...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Surely if they had this tech, they would do everything in their power to save it.

Why bother? those satellites only have a short life span anyway and with unlimited funds to 'skim off' they can just toss up another one...
Do you have any idea how many they have launched lately? Do you have any idea how many launch sites there are?

Never mind goosdawg already posted the list

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
For God's sake, another one of these topics? Are you kidding me?

No Mike is quite serious

1. Where do these ships launch from?

Check Goosdawgs list... :shk:

Also see the companion to Sea Launch... the new Mobile sea tracking station recently moved to Alaska...

More here..

www.thelivingmoon.com...

2. Where are the eyewitness accounts of these launches? Where are the reports from other countries of launches that weren't predisclosed?

The recent cancellation of the latest shuttle mission forced the Air Force to scramble and reconfigure the launch pad at Kennedy to launch their latest classified project It was a record reconfiguration in just 36 hours What was the rush???

Rocket carries secret spacecraft
CAPE CANAVERAL - A secret national security satellite is winging its way around the planet today after a roaring rocket launch from Cape Canaveral.

FLORIDA TODAY

3. Where are they recruiting these secret astronauts from?

The military... Here are a few of the Mission Control people errrr the OTHER mission control... 45th space wing space command mission control

4. Where are the pictures of these secret stations in orbit? Why aren't other countries asking about unkown objects in orbit?

In answer to part two... The French for one...

France Threatens to Disclose US Secret Satellites. Posted on June 12, 2007 at 6:50 pm (PST) |. There’s plenty of flotsam in space, and all of it is being ...
www.redblueandyou.com/france-threatens-to-disclose-us-secret-satellites/

In answer to part one... see below...

5. Why haven't any other countries attempted to put their own secret stations up there to monitor ours?

We won't let them except the Russians... Don't forget Space Command's mission statement says "the control and exploitation of space..."

Here are some of the Russian ones released by their Ministry of Defense...

Deny Ignorance, don't embrace it.

Good Idea COOL HAND perhaps you should practice what you preach... and instead of repeatedly asking the same questions and then not listening to the answers perhaps you could do a little legwork yourself You would be surprised at what is out there if you only LOOK

OH BTW any idea when you will let us see some of those 50 gigs of documents you claim to have 'at work'

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
U.S. Space Command was created in 1985, but America’s military actually began operating in space much earlier. With the Soviet Union’s unexpected 1957 launch of the world’s first man-made satellite, Sputnik I, President Eisenhower accelerated the nation’s slowly emerging civil and military space efforts. The vital advantage that space could give either country during those dark days of the Cold War was evident in his somber words. "Space objectives relating to defense are those to which the highest priority attaches because they bear on our immediate safety," he said.

During the 1960s and 1970s, the Army, Navy and Air Force advanced and expanded space technologies in the areas of communication, meteorology, geodesy, navigation and reconnaissance. Space continued to support strategic deterrence by providing arms control and treaty verification, and by offering unambiguous, early warning of any missile attack on North America.

On September 23, 1985, the Joint Chiefs of Staff confirmed the ever-increasing value of military space systems by creating a new unified command — U.S. Space Command — to help institutionalize the use of space in U.S. deterrence efforts.

The U.S.-led coalition’s 1991 victory in the Persian Gulf War underscored, and brought widespread recognition to, the value of military space operations. Communications, intelligence, navigation, missile warning and weather satellites demonstrated that space systems could be indispensable providers of tactical information to U.S. warfighters.

Since then, U.S. Space Command has further strengthened its focus on warfighting by ensuring that Soldiers and Marines in the foxhole, Sailors on the ship’s bridge, and pilots in the cockpit have the space information they need — when they need it.

Air Force Space Command (AFSPC), created September 1, 1982, is one of nine Air Force major commands, and is headquartered at Peterson Air Force Base, CO. Missile warning and space operations were combined to form Air Force Space Command in 1982, the same year NASA launched the first space shuttle. During the Cold War, space operations focused on missile warning, and command and control for national leadership. In 1991, Operation Desert Storm provided emphasis for the command's new focus on support to the warfighter. ICBM forces were merged into AFSPC in 1993.

AFSPC defends America through its space and intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) operations, vital force elements in projecting global reach and global power. AFSPC is a key factor in implementing the expeditionary aerospace force organizational structure.

Air Force Space Command has two numbered air forces. Fourteenth Air Force provides space warfighting forces to U.S. Space Command, and is located at Vandenberg AFB, CA. Fourteenth Air Force manages the generation and employment of space forces to support U.S. Space Command and North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) operational plans and missions. Twentieth Air Force, located at F.E. Warren AFB, WY, operates and maintains AFSPC's ICBM weapon systems in support of U.S. Strategic Command war plans.

Taken from:

www.globalsecurity.org...

And also:

The mission of the Space Warfare Center is to advance America's space capabilities and employment concepts through tactics development, testing, analysis, and training programs. The genesis of the Space Warfare Center dates back to Desert Storm, during which combat operations relied on space support more than any past conflict. However, an analysis of these operations revealed several shortfalls in the United States' ability to take advantage of all the capabilities space has to offer. To remedy this problem, in the fall of 1992, a Blue Ribbon Panel on Space recommended the establishment of a Space Warfare Center to examine the capabilities of space-based assets versus the actual enhancements gained from them.

The primary purpose of the SWC was to develop and test concepts, applications, and procedures that enable the Warfighter to more fully utilize the unique capabilities of these space-based assets. The Space Warfare Center is tasked with "operationalizing" space, making its use timely and routine to the Warfighter. The aim is to exploit these Department of Defense, civil and commercial assets in order to continue to provide US forces with a definitive edge in future combat operations.

General Charles Horner, past commander of Air Force Space Command, officially dedicated the SWC on December 8, 1993. As the SWC grew, two testing squadrons were added in 1995 and the innovative Space Battlelab was dedicated in 1997.

The mission of the 17th Test Squadron is to enhance AFSPC's support to the Warfighter through testing and evaluation of space forces. The 17th TS is responsible for the planning, execution and reporting for all Follow-on Operational Test and Evaluation of Air Force Space Forces.

The mission of the 576th Flight Test Squadron is to manage and conduct the JCS directed Intercontinental Ballistics Missile Follow-on Operational Test and Evaluation program. The squadron has the sole responsibility for collecting, analyzing and reporting the data required to verify the accuracy and reliability of our deployed ICBMs.

The mission of the Space Battlelab is to identify innovative space operations and logistics concepts and rapidly measure their potential for advancing the Air Force core competencies and joint warfighting. The Space Battlelab uses field ingenuity, modeling and simulation and actual employment of exploratory capabilities in operational environments to accomplish the mission.

The objectives of the Space Warfare Center are:

Advance the Air Force's core competency;
Ensure space and missile systems meet the needs of the warfighter;
Integration of present and future space systems into military operations;
Train the warfighters, space systems operators and space support teams;
Develop, validate and document tactics for the employment of space systems and capabilities; and
Visual modeling and simulation of the effect of space systems on the battlespace.

Its basically like starwars!! You never see any of these covered in any media.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
So where have the missing Trillions gone? To fund top secret black budget programs. It would be naive to think otherwise!

I saw the post by goosdawg, I'm not blind, no need to repost it.
However, I'll repeat it to you for a third time: Do research before using information you learned from other people.

I'll quote the exact words of Mr. Donald Rumsfeld that led to this 'controversy':

Our financial systems are decades old. According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions. We cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible.

1- Not anywhere in that quote did I see "$2.3 trillion missing".
2- Assuming a DoD budget of $300 billion per year before 2001(the year the claim was made). It would take 7 years for the DoD to lose 2.3 trillion if they had lost every single penny, 14 years if they lost half their budget, etc, etc

The problem is not that the money is missing, the problem is that if you try to find info about a specific transaction, you won't be able to find it because it may be buried between millions of other documents. In fact, all Mr. Rumsfeld was trying to accomplish with that speech was to create a better model to avoid the bureaucracy offered by the system they had back then. 9/11 came shortly afterwards, and it proved fatal for Rumsfeld proposal. Consequences: $10000 screws(the short way of saying contractors are now having the time of their lives).

Some news agency missinterpreted that information, and the missunderstanding spread like a virus. Hence the importance of at least trying to dig more information before offering personal opinions.

Link to the speech here:
www.defenselink.mil...

Note I'm still not disputing the existance of black projects. However, if there is such thing, then I personally believe that it's budget is not going to come from the budget of other institutions, all I'm saying is that if the government is covering something up, they are going to do a good job, and the money allocated towards whatever they are covering is not going to show on a paper that everyone has access to, even if it's not obvious. Why do I think that? Well, one would think that they learned from the errors that led to the disclosure of Area 51, don't you think?

[edit on 29-1-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Nice post, Mike. I agree that there is most likely something going on. As for people griping that their tax money is paying for it, I think most of the money comes from the drug running and money laundering. It has to be kept off the books, so using legit tax money probably isn't what they do.

Spot on TheComte! I wonder if you've chanced upon this....

The Black Budget Report: An Investigation into the CIA’s ‘Black Budget’ and the Second Manhattan Project.

This report examines the existence of a CIA ‘black budget’ and an extensive network of ‘deep black projects’ that it funds. The report identifies the legal framework established by the US Congress for the creation of a CIA ‘black budget’ from the appropriations earmarked for other federal agencies that are siphoned through the CIA as the sole conduit of black budget funds.
www.scoop.co.nz...

Black budgets? Black Projects? Black programs? What the heck's going on? What are they doing in these black organisations? Peeling potatoes?

[edit on 29-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
More on where these Astronauts come from...

Here is a not so secret non black ops training center... sign up today and get checked out on a Soyuz
education available in Russian and English

General space training (GST) is the first and indispensable stage of the training.

Specialized space training (SST) is normally conducted for participants who completed the GST.

The SST is conducted according to the individual schedules. The duration of a SST (as required for a flight on a spacecraft of the "Soyuz" type) is 8 to 10 weeks and is defined through an individual agreement with the participant.

This is but one of the private Astronaut corps
Stay tuned more coming

ATLAS AEROSPACE

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I've got to say, good posts people!

Mike, you hit a chord and it was attached to a lot other stuff.

Everyone, good work.

Now for my sense of how wrong it all is.

I am so deeply hurt that such inspirational discovery, adventure and the absolute beauty and majesty of the worlds in our local universe are kept from us to service such low register core intelligence. It's like someone burning a cookie factory to cover for the theft of one cookie. How wastefully crazy and insane.

Are the people doing this secret work representative of the best of the species? The strongest? The most powerful? Are they another species? Or are they only greedy, scared, impotent hateful humans, infected with agendas of profit, loss, power and war?

And, who the hell is THEY?

Is it a few creepy old white guys that own or control everything? or, is it maybe only just a "composite" of all our own actions and foibles blowing the sails of a captain-less ship. If the latter, we better stop "blowing it."

We are hurting from this lack of wonder. Children's imaginations would soar. We would by now have a couple generations of brilliant explorers and talented scientists. Many of us would have much different lives. Solving our worlds problems learning from other species and accelerating our understanding our health and well being. I'm sure I would be in space.

Had to get this off my chest. I have been consumed with, love of science and the beauty of everything in space since I can first remember. I did a lot of wilderness, astronomy and exploring when I was in college getting a sense of that beauty. My work eventually got me projects with NASA in the early 90's

Contracting for NASA was a dream come true. Then Daniel Goldin came in as director and immediately did a shakedown on the scientists and workers all throughout NASA, cut programs, clamping down divisions. It was like an Flea adjustment.

Flea adjustment??

How to Train a Flea.

Take one jumpy little bugger. Put it in a bottle. It jumps and hits the top of the jar, realizes it can not go higher so eventually jumps lower so it's little head doesn't hurt so much..

Then, put it in a smaller jar until it adjusts to that, then do it a few more times. In a few weeks you can take it out and it only jumps as high as that last tiny jar. Now you have a candidate for a Flea Circus.

NASA is kept from jumping too high, cause it is not the actual space program. It is the cover for an actual secret program that is doing it all, but for power and other darker means so the world, and their own country remains in the dark. They don't want NASA to think they control anything but a plausible deniability.

Thats how 50 years of experience paints the picture for me anyway.

I should be sitting on the shores of the petroleum sea on Titian, photographing petrocurrents and Aerobic bacteria colonies living on the beaches. But, all the advances and technology gifts from other species are kept for greedy little people who will hurt you if you bother them. Creeps!

I started to paint space scenes in my youth to quell the deep thirst for the views I would never have before I had to go. Still painting. Still going.

ZG

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join