It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Secret US Military Space Program. Is The Future Already Here?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is more what i ment.

Reason as the source of the most reliable knowledge.

I should explain a bit here about how knowledge obtained by reason and argument alone has been seen as more reliable than knowledge from the senses. It was not easy to settle whether the earth is round or flat- this is often debated today, even if few people decide it is flat. There have been other questions, such as what are the elementary substances of which the earth is made, and what the sun and moon are made of and how far away they are. It has taken centuries of science to answer these questions. In ancient and mediaeval times there were no definite answers.

By contrast, ancient mathematicians had shown, from a few axioms and using a limited number of rules of inference, that the sum of the 3 angles of a triangle was 2 right angles. This was proved without examining any real triangles; yet on examining real triangles the result is confirmed, in every case. This appeared to show that the most reliable knowledge is obtained by reason, and that it is knowledge about the external world.

-

Reason and argument were originally seen as the prime source of reliable knowledge. Plato referred to this as dialectic. In the 18th century Immanuel Kant, having been very impressed with how Isaac Newton described the real world by his theory of gravitation, wrote about how synthetic a priori propositions are possible. A priori means before examining any data; and synthetic means saying more than is merely implied by or contained in the starting premises. Kant viewed Newton's theory as giving definite knowledge about the external world, in the same way as geometry had been thought to do from ancient times.

-

As dialectic is said to be an older method than Russell's logistic or analytic method, I will say a bit about it. Plato often refers to dialectic as his own method and as the highest form of knowledge. For Plato dialectic is the method of asking a question, giving an answer, and asking further questions until the matter is solved. Aristotle appears to have had the same meaning for dialectic.
www.ul.ie...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
great thread this, someone mentioned Gary McKinnon, here is en extract of an interview he did..

"What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

"The Americans have a secret spaceship?" I ask.

"That's what this trickle of evidence has led me to believe."

from here..
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The top secret US military space program is very real.
Former NASA astronaut Brian O´Leary already spoke about this in the eighties.
In his book THE MAKING OF AN EX-ASTRONAUT he writes about this very secret manned space program.

US Air Force launched a Titan 34D rocket with a secret payload in April 1984 from Cape Canaveral.
Some papers wrote about it. The Contra Costa Times of April 15 1984:
SECRET PAYLOAD GOES INTO ORBIT
Air Force spokesman Dick Castelucci told the press that it was a classified launch and a classified payload.

A secret base on Mars was probably operational already 1966.

The latest conspiracy theories is about a classified launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base on August 16 1976.
It was a Saturn V rocket and the mission was to investigate a huge spacecraft on the moon.

The astronauts were William Rutledge and Leona Snyder from Bell Laboratories and Alexei Leonov from Soviet Union.

Hopefully somebody could do a thorough investigation into this strange story.
Like checking old papers from the region and interview people who might have witnessed the presumed launch on August 16 1976.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The latest conspiracy theories is about a classified launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base on August 16 1976. It was a Saturn V rocket and the mission was to investigate a huge spacecraft on the moon.

The astronauts were William Rutledge and Leona Snyder from Bell Laboratories and Alexei Leonov from Soviet Union.

Yep! But that's been debunked here on ATS before! However, I wonder if there's some element of truth in the Apollo 20 mission afterall? I personally feel that there's more than meets the eye here!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yup! There's also an atmosphere on the moon, humans under Denver International Airport, a secret base at Dulce, an underground transit system, and all of the above have been documented and proven along with your claims above. Great job spreading the rumors!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am unsure how this thread grew so large without me seeing it.

CoolHand asks some good questions. I would like to remind people that, according to the OP, there is no launch area needed, as they use gravity tech to achieve propulsion.

However, IF they needed launch locations, there is ample space in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for a SeaLaunch vehicle. Not to mention the far flung missile bases we have (think Kwajelein).

The astronauts are most likely either naval or USAF officers. Perhaps CIA, or DIA as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I am unsure how this thread grew so large without me seeing it.

Were you on vacation? Oh yeah!

However, IF they needed launch locations, there is ample space in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for a SeaLaunch vehicle. Not to mention the far flung missile bases we have (think Kwajelein).

Right! I think they've graduated from those antiquated 'chariots of fire' to the more esoteric forms of propulsion, dispensing with the cumbersome infrastructure requirements. So they could operate from literally any place on the globe.

The astronauts are most likely either naval or USAF officers. Perhaps CIA, or DIA as well.

Yep! A secret astronaut corps. Was William Rutledge one of them?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hey, everyone knows that there are many alternate ways to get information, why do you have to believe that the ones controlling the government are geniuses and plan many operations with absolute precision? Why don´t you think the the people in the goverment are normal humans like us and they don´t enjoy having to work extra?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

How many TRILLION DOLLARS was missing from the U.S. coffers in the last few years? Did not the GAO cite this massive loss with only confused questions?

They are rolling in money, and it IS ours. They just found it, did not tell us in the name of National Security, and are doing what they want with it. BTW, they lost it in the first place and found it in the dark budgets no accounting can ever find.

ZG

And what about drug money laundered into black projects? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that while the Taliban was controlling Afghanistan they destroyed the poppy fields and heroin and opium dropped to zero from there. Since we have sent troops to "liberate" the Afghanis, production has peaked once again.

It would be nice to think that our tax dollars alone pay for all of these covert projects, but reality is that they can't and don't. Even with the deficit spending to maintain all of the federal handout programs, our tax dollars alone cannot afford them.

The Drug War was created so that the money would be funneled into these black programs instead of into the hands of drug dealers. William Cooper claimed that this money helped finance the covert space program which has been flying shuttles out of Vandenberg for years before there was a NASA public shuttle program.

I'd like to address a previous comment regarding health and cures also. It is not necessarily the government that suppresses cancer cures, but the collusion of the AMA and FDA, wit the financial blessings of the pharmaceutical industry.

And regarding energy technology, while it would be great to unlock the source of such free and abundant energy, it is like opening Pandora's Box in that while it can provide benevolent use to replace oil, gas, and nuclear, it can also be used by our enemies and fanatics in general to create very powerful weapons as well. Perhaps it is the stance of the "powers that be" that we are not yet ready to handle such abundance of free power, else as many conspiracy theorists claim, it is the power of Big Oil and the financiers that suppress it for their own greedy agendas. Either way, we lose.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The US has 2 space programs and in the early days of the shuttles there were secret
missions that were in support of the ongoing "arming" of space by the military. Nothing has changed, except the secret part. Now they "piggyback" military assets with science and communications payloads and censor the NASA TV feed, to hide the military deployments, because it's digital now and can also "piggyback" unseen video feeds! There are many strange space objects and projectiles on the shuttle videos all over youtube, that appear to show this. So I'm thinking that we are under quarantine by these space UFOs and that's why we always have a manned space station up there!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wouldn't argue details, I am simply 100% sure that a huge portion of our black budget goes to space related programs and that we are far ahead of where we claim to be.

Great Thread

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Interesting post...I doubt the U.S could come up with trillions of dollars though to fund these programs considering the US GDP is 12 trillion/ year as it stands and is by far the highest in the world. It would take a lot of drugs and drug money to equal trillions of dollars.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Interesting post...I doubt the U.S could come up with trillions of dollars though to fund these programs considering the US GDP is 12 trillion/ year as it stands and is by far the highest in the world. It would take a lot of drugs and drug money to equal trillions of dollars.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If there is a secret space station i know where it is and why no one can see it.

Its at the earth/moon L2 point.
You can not see it because it is always behind the moon.
This would be the perfect place to hid it.

The program my be a military starwars program.
But not the one you are thinking of.

I believe the US and a few friendly countries have been setting up a weapons storage site for there weapons of last resort.
These weapons would be used instead of nuclear weapons if the US is attack with nuclear weapons.

Scenario One attack by Iran or North korea
In this scenario the country firing a nuke at the US would be given a warning after our interceptors take out the weapon.
The Original Starwars.

They would be told that if they did not Surrender within 2 days they would face massive retaliation.

The first thing they will watch is the US nuclear sites to see if we were getting ready to launch.

they would not be watching space.

Scenario Two russia or china
same as Scenario one execpt we would take out there government with a massive NON nuclear attack.
At the same time they would be told that if they did not Surrender within 2 days they would face massive retaliation.

The first thing they will watch is the US nuclear sites to see if we were getting ready to launch.

They would not be watching space.

Scenario three
We would call for a cease fire and ask for there Surrender terms setting up a meeting in 3 days.

They would not be watching space.

In all three Scenarios they would never know what hit them.
it would be a bolt from the blue.

Our weapons
Not nukes.
Just big rocks

Just look what a 150-foot meteor did near Winslow, Ariz
www.thewordteaches.com...
wikimapia.org...

Even a 20 foot rock would be dangerous

Now for there launch sites.
They use a system like used on space ship one execpt much larger.
about the size of a C5 cargo plane.
This would allow them to launch over the ocean out of site of people.

Is this a guess.
not really.

I heard this from a rocket scientist at NWC China Lake in the late 1970s after he had done a paper on it for the government.
He was transferred 6 months later to a NASA/Air Force lab.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Interesting points! And to think that the then pres Ronald Reagan wanted to establish a forward post on the Moon, not against a supposed alien threat that many imagined, but actually as part of the Star Wars program, that include the options you have mentioned.

But then again some say that the SW program has something to do with a probable future alien threat too! Killing two birds with one stone?

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Now type of four of five scenarios presuming that the Russian/Chinese are the one's with the orbital 'battle stations' and weapons on the Moon.
It's strange that it's always presumed that the US landing on the moon first 'proves' that moon related activities would necessarily then always have to do with the US. Does anyone here realise that beside for the moon landing 'first' ( edit : Firsts in space that is and not in my opinion always because the US lacked the capabilities) the USSR did practically everything else first; including everything noteworthy?

Stellar

[edit on 5-12-2008 by StellarX]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Check out Jack Arneson's file at Pegasus Consortium.com. The parts about the provisioning of the I.S.S by the Soviet Progress craft is most interesting as it lists manifests for food which include 540 lbs of fruit and vegetables they do not eat this type of food on the I.S.S especially only three astronauts. Also the are some interesting notes on the time it takes for these provisioning craft to reach the I.S.S it should only take a few hours to get to the station but the records all show a 3 day time from lift off to docking with the station. Again thats Pegasus Research Consortium, Jack Arneson's files on the Progress Craft and I.S.S. Thanks again Mike for an excellent post (as usual)

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I always say, "Follow the money." Since there are black budget's, the people spending their careers in these projects obviously have more information and access than the rest of us.

So, like our politicians turned lobyists, these individuals will use their influence to secure for themselves a place of more power, wealth and influence once they can. It is simply human nature.

What troubles me is the social control these people have. We now have a class of people who are hidden and control everything that is not hidden. Who decides that they should be the masters? Fate, I suppose. Luck, etc.. Are these governors truly in touch? Do they place a value on human life? Or, do they consider themselves "better".

One of the greatest martial arts pioneers was Bruce Lee and he would even take the time to talk with cleaning people, because he placed value on human life.

If you're not Christlike then maybe you are AntiChristlike.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join