posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:55 AM
Things we take for granted, and yet know so little about, is the very primary factor, on witch human survival depends.
Therefore we should respect nature and live in harmony with it.
My question is simple but the answer may be hard...What are you doing to help save this planet?
Here is a little something about nature, not complete in any way, but rather a piece of the total picture...
The protector and lungs of the earth. The giants of earth, protecting the diversity of life all around them.
Once so widely spread all over the earth and now disappearing faster than ever...
To name a few functions of the forest and trees, would be that they:
- makes habbitant for many different animals and plants
- in many cases, is the habbitant for natural springwater, and in higher altitudes, many times the primary reason, for natural springwater to reach
- provides shade to cool the earth, to make the soil absorb water better, and helps to raise the groundwater
- provides shade for natural rivers and streams to help them cool down
- cleans the air, with their absorbation of CO2
- helps to prevent erosion of the earth, and in that way counteracts landslides
- helps to protect the soil against hard winds, to avoid earth and dust storms
- provides us with wood for houses, furniture, paper and fuel source
- provides humans and animals with various types of fruit like apples, peers, plums, berries, oranges, bananas, etc. etc.
- lets us experience many different shapes and colors
much more can be said of trees...
The bringer of life, the blood of the earth, the big blue that have spawned the life on earth, and the
continues carrier of nutrients to all its creations, what a joy of life itself.
Once so clean, cold and free flowing, now continuesly poluted, hot and restricted in movement...
To name a few functions of oceans/riwers/springs and streams would be that they:
- provides drinking-water to all life in need of it
- provides us with energy thrue hydropowerplants, steam engines, etc. etc.
- carrier of nutrients to Humans, animals, agriculturel fields, forest, marshes, coral reefs, plants, etc. etc
- is habbitant for all kinds of marine animals from the smallest of alge to the bluewhale
- is hunting ground for many non-marine animals like seals, bears, birds etc. etc.
- can combine itself with almost every other element of the earth and air, are infact the best "disolvent" on earth
- provides us with water to wash ourselfs, our clothes, cars, houses, furniture
- provides us with ice, being one, if not the only one, able to form a structure of less mass when cooled, to be able to flow ontop its own surface
- Is a key factor in weather patterns and the changing of seasons, thrue its everflowing currents around the globe, both cold and warm
- water is a dipole, because the oxygen have a higher electron negativity than hydrogen, making it negativ charged where as the hydrogen is positive
this makes watermolecules attract to eachother, aswell as different types of polarity molecules and this is called hydrogen-bonding.
- water is forever changing in temparature, structure, form, energy and composition...H2O is merely distilled water molecules.
much more can be said of water...
Mother, carrier of life in all its colors and diversities it is within, apon and around the earth all life as we know it exists.
The earth is the holder of all materials we need, to live and create the multiple items and accesories we use.
Once so pure, loose and renewable, now so poluted, hard and degradable...
To name a few functions of the earth would be that it:
- provides us with all kinds of materials, from the smallest stone to the largest diamonds
- is the cradle for life, water, nature, animals and all things
- provides the soil in witch we can plant seeds of every croop we wish to harvest
- is a "treasure chest" filled with nutritions to provide growth and life
- provides us with the different soils, from mouldy earth to deserts sands
- earth is negatively charged and the soil provides the insulation to the positive charges above it
much more can be said of earth...
The carrier of breath and wind to all living things. The invisible force in witch the birds fly high, sounds travel and the rain comes thrue.
Once so clean and cold in constant healthy rotation, now so hot and poluted with an overflow of harzardous movement
To name a few functions of the air would be that it:
- Provides us the oxygen needed to sustain life
- Provides the wind to take the leafs of the trees, returning them to earth
- Provides us the medium in witch to fly
- air is positively charged
much more can be said of air...
The foundations for all life are being destroyed...Please respect and live in harmony with nature!
My hope is that this thread will be filled with good adwise, as to how we can make a difference, so people will get inspired, to make a difference in
their own life.
So...Back to the question, what are you doing to help save this planet?