It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work makes me an Anarchist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I decided to right this thread after reading smugs? thread on how his work sucks. Basically I work a cushy job at a fruit shop for $9.50 and hour and $15 on Sundays. It is a easy job, when I work 8 hour days I think I actually work for only about 3 hours. I am fortunate enough that I live in Australia where the adults minimum wage is about $15 (move here smug).

But back to the point I think that working as an unskilled person is making me wish society as we know it would collapse because I fear I will be working like this for the rest of my life (no disrespect to those who are worse off) but I am basically concerned about living a life where I will constantly have to struggle to make a living. I want the world to end so that education, class (as in working), race, clothing, cars and all those other wonderful things that seperate the rich from the poor are gone. In other words status symbols.

Also I am still in school though and my family is decently well off but I will have to buy my first car, pay for university, etc. And once again no disrespect to anyone just scraping by.

I know I am all over the place but does anyone else want society to collapse because of work or money issues.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubber Bullet

Wow! I am just wondering why you would think a collapse in society would make things better for people. Wouldn't those in a bad way end up even worse off?

One of the best things in life is having to work for something because when you get it you will feel a sense of accomplishement.

The things you mentioned other people having, some had to work hard for. Not everyone that drives a Mercedes had it handed to them on a silver platter.

Be happy in the fact that you are relatively well off, and are not starving to death. And at the very least, instead of infusing the world with your jealousy for what you don't have, wish that everyone could be as well of as you are!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubber Bullet

How many Austrailian dollars to the pound these days rubber bullet? You fortunate that you get extra on sundays, my work pays flat rate overtime!

What a con!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
$15, minimum wage????
American dollars?
The bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil, some mistakenly think it says money is evil.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

I just checked the conversion from XE.com and my sunday pay = $13.33 US or 6.71 GBP so smugallo isn't actualy earning as little money as I thought. $15 is also the adult minimum wage I think.

Standard rate is 4.25GBP or 8.43USD

Its not quite as much as I thought when compared to the pound.

Also to Enthralled Fan its not so much a desire for the realities of the end of the world but more like a new start. Because when you think about it everyone would be on a level playing field after the electricity is gone along with the petrol what use is a massive house if you cant heat it? What use is your nice new Ferrari? Do you see what I am getting at? It's also because I am annoyed that the working class (not necessarily me) could work as hard as they could their entire lives and still not go anywhere. The only benifit that would happen is that the factory or whereever the work would make slightly more profit.

IMHO when it comes to the working class we/they are working til the die serving some one elses greed.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Oh yeah in regards to the penalty rates they are no longer compulsery in Australia thans to our last prime minister I just happen to be lucky to work at a place that pays them. At my last job a made $7.50 flat rate and had to work public holidays, sundays you name it. Also that job was actually full on.

top topics

join