It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has 9/11 done to your life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Im here to ask: What has 9/11 done to your life?

Has it made you think a different way about our government or even yourself? or maybe what you think about other countries? Did you open another part of your mind? like feeling like you finally woke up to see the real world.

For me, Thats what happened Something in my head opened up. I can see now what this world really is and learned how not to be afraid.

The night before 9/11, I told my Brother in law that Something exciting needs to happen. I think about that everyday.

[edit on 1/27/2008 by scottr.]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think more than anything, it has taught me to think much more objectively about..well EVERYTHING. Not just take what big ol' brother wants you to think or know without giving it a second thought. To realise my government represents ME as a U.S. citizen and to stand up and hold the "elected" representatives accountable for the decisions they make on my behalf (not to mention the other 300 million Americans).

And when those decisions they make and policies are initiated affect me in a profound way (9/11 for example) negatively, then we the people need to stand up and let it be known that their ass is on the line as OUR representatives and the SH** they are trying to pull ain't gunna cut it.

But, basically it has caused me to become much more aware of what the is going on out there.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
In Short - It destroyed it.

My Cousin was on the 101st floor (Cantor Fitzgerald) - he is dead - he left behind a wife and 3 kids.
My Uncle (who worked in building 7) is alive. He was there for the 93 bombing and witnessed it way to close. He has not been the same and will not talk about it/seek help.
I was in NYC when it happened. I saw them fall. It has affected every aspect of my life. I left NY the first chance I had. I still dream about it. And not just the collapse and smoke, but the people jumping...that is burned into my mind. I just started flying again - I didn't fly for 5 years. To do it I need to be sedated.
And healthwise - yep, breating issues. I do not smoke but every couple of days hack up some lovely crud (nor do I visit smokey establishments). That has gotten better though - It happened daily for a few years. I guess it was going to happen, everything in the immediate area was covered in a thick layer of dust/powder. A thinner, smaller layer covered the suburbs. All depended on the wind and where you were in Brooklyn. For the record, asthma stinks.

join