It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 8, 2008 8-8-8

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
YouTube Video

January 25th, 2008 - Snow Storm

March 14th, 2008 - Tibet Riots

May 12th, 2008 - China Earthquake

1/25 = 1+2+5 = 8

3/14 = 3+1+4 = 8

5/12 = 5+1+2 = 8

If you put "08" on the end of the "1/25", "3/14" and "5/12" sums, you will have the 8 from the sum and the 8 from the year.

May 12th to August 8th is 88 days.

Normally I don't buy in to numerology that seems to predict an event, but ever since the preparations for the 2008 Summer Olympics began last year, I've had this feeling that something was going to happen surrounding these Olympics. Something just doesn't really seem right.

I'm not saying the numerology is necessarily true, but it is, at least, suspiciously coincidental.

Its interesting food for thought. I guess we will see in the next 18 days.

EDIT: Ok, I guess it won't let me embed the video in the post. There's a URL error.

[edit on 7/21/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
What a cosmic date! What is the signifigance of 8/8/8 as applied to conspiratorial 2012 armagedeon. It's got to be something bad right? The new moon falls on August 8, 2008 and it's the beginning of the Olympics in Peking (year of the RAT). Anyone making plans to dig in?

8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture. Three 8s is a very good thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by StefanO
My girlfriend turns 40 on August 8, she is also born in Deadwood South Dakota, of the Oglala tribe AKA Sioux indian. she is a direct descendant of Sitting Bull, which of course must mean the world is coming to an end....At least thats what her grandmother still living in a reservation says.

Wish her a happy Birthday from me.

It just happens to be my 40th on 08/08/08 too.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
888 means "It is below as it is above".

8:8:8 is the Lion's Gate, where new energies are released into the energy grid of the earth from the heart chakra of the sun

...or some crap

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
All thats gonna happen is a bunch of moronic old people are gonna play 888 on the lottery for a million dollars and its not going to come up, just like on 777, 666, 555 and so on

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I've heard through reliable sources that all of this intrigue surrounding dates like 8/8/8 and 2012 are all false flags. The powers that be are actually focusing on July 8th, 2009... the day we will lose the number nine for eternity.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
The powers that be are actually focusing on July 8th, 2009... the day we will lose the number nine for eternity.

Explain... please,

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

We will lose the number 9 because seven eight nine.
That, my friend, is about the lamest joke I know but it seemed appropriate for an important dates thread for some reason.

(On topic, I don't place much if any stock in supposedly "important" pending dates. Numerology belongs in the skunk works.)

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I had a VISION about this date!!!

I saw myself running around the woods with a weapon in my hands, fully in camoflauge and surrounded by enemy combatants, automatic fire zipping past me. I was low on ammunition, surrounded, and had been shot a half a dozen times but I had to press on no matter what. The battle ended, I somehow survived. That evening there was a massive celebration with all of my brothers in arms, even the enemy after and there was peace...and cake.

But thats only cause I'm going paintballing that day for my Birthday.

Its another day, just like today, and just like the day you posted this ridiculous thread. But if the end of the world happens on my birthday I'll tip one back for you OP.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
so if the world is going to end then, why are you here telling people like us... why aren't you out telling people who you care about...

because whether or not the world ends today, everyone on this planet is going to die someday...

i don't want to see them go to hell

...do you?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I read somewhere that 8/8/08 is the new date to officially start up the Hadron Collider now. It was moved up from July 7 after a test run blew one of the large magnets off it's track.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
whats cool is .. from now on, every single year we will have a triple matching date, isnt that speshul?

next year itll be 9-9-09, then 10-10-10, then 11-11-11, then 12-12-12..

..excuse me, thats 12-21-12, got that one backwards.
lol

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
888 is also half of 1776 , interesting also huh

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

All that I can share is what I know that God revealed to me during my quiet time of prayer with Him..That our world as we have known it thus far will be FOREVER changed on this date

Julia~
www.recoveryforthesoul.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Most vivid dream I ever had pertained to something nasty, end-of-worldish possibly happening in August of 2008. At least...there were lots of eights in that dream... Dreamed it a little over eight years ago, the sun sets in the same location now that it did in the dream, and then my friend had nearly the exact same dream that I did a few years back. She told me details that I'd never revealed to her about my own dream, but there she was dreaming 'em too.

You know what's gonna happen on August 8th?

Not a damn thing, that's what.

Well...minus the Olympics, 'course.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Back in 2005 or 2006 -- I had vision of violence associated with that date. I saw "888 lets roll" signs, bumper stickers were all over the place, I saw a newspaper August 08, 2008.
I saw the Washington Monument in the distance and I-95 north sign to my left. I was looking at I-95 from a different freeway that pointed directly at the Washington Monument... (Does this place exist..?) never been to DC dont know. but Alex Jones was on top of a police car hood with his Megaphone "Beltway into Parkway" he kept chanting, there was cars on fire and dead people everywhere... I saw Helecopters firing and zipping up and down the freeways (Apache Choppers) ...
I saw Military but they were not ours I dont think, they were in strange camo uniforms, some in desert and others in greens.
I can see burnt out cars -- Lots of Official vehicles everywhere at least 3 or 4 Ambulances were all blown up. Police officers were shooting at the military camo uniforms.

for this to happen, a lot of stuff would have to take place in a very short period of time... I pray this is not our future... however, someone wanted me to see this and it wasn't mental illness, so sorry to burst your bubbles.
Prepare - Food - Medical - Protection - "Go Shopping at Corporate Stores for supplies when the crap hits the fan and then engage prepared. not the other way around. I suggest downloading the Anarchist Cookbook for chicken # tactics. do not hit head on. hit and run the only way.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

No possible way that could be "our future." If it ever did happen, Alex Jones wouldn't be standing on top of a car shouting "Beltway into parkway" into a megaphone. He'd be hiding under his bed whispering "Mommy help me" into his pillow.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
All of these number quirks only come about because we work in base 10.
If we worked in binary, or base 60, or anything else, all these magical mystical numbers wouldnt be anything special.

Numerology is a crock.

In the same thread weve had examples where 888 was chosen for its luck by the chinese, and on the flipside, dont get in a plane whos flight number has 8's. The more 8's the more you dont want to get in.

By the way, theres a guy named Craig Lowndes, who has raced cars using 888 for years. The lucky guy keeps on winning.

All of this stuff changes depending on culture, which has to show numbers are just numbers.

Did you know that black cats are good luck for some cultures, and its those evil white ones you need to worry about?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join