It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid zips past Earth, but Satellite is expected to hit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Asteroid zips past Earth, but Satellite is expected to hit

www.usatoday.com

Space scientists and government officials are tracking two massive objects that are hurtling toward Earth, but only one, a dead satellite the size of a bus, is expected to hit somewhere on the globe.

Government officials said Saturday that a large U.S. spy satellite has lost power and could hit Earth in late February or early March. And an asteroid at least 500 feet long will make a rare close pass by Earth early Tuesday, but scientists say there is no chance of an impact.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
OK, Which is it?

A satellite or an asteroid? I find it hard to believe that these two events are going to occur around the same time.

This story get stranger by the day, but does anything make sense?

www.usatoday.com

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

OK, Which is it?

A satellite or an asteroid? I find it hard to believe that these two events are going to occur around the same time.

This story get stranger by the day, but does anything make sense?

www.usatoday.com

whats the full story so if its only getting stranger?

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Fada126]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The first Crick I can remember getting in my neck was when Sky Lab was going to crash to earth. I kept looking up for about two days, my grandmother was joking around and told me that my neck would get stuck like that and sure enough it did... To this day hearing Sky lab gives me the willies. I hope this one crashes into earth safely.
Seems like I read somewhere that this one was large enough to create electromagnetic disturbance? I wonder if got close enough to a satellite to disrupt something.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here is the link on CNN, they say it's a spy satellite about the size of a school bus and they don't know where it's going to land.

Reporters asked if they had any information on what went wrong or why it's going to crash. They said they did not comment on why and it's Top Secret.

CNN NEWS SPY SATELLITE CRASH REPORT.

new topics

top topics

join