It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 Miniutes In Hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
A friend of ours gave us a book and dvd recently called, "23 Minutes in Hell" the journey of Bill Wiese, a realtor in California, who had an out of body experience and spent 23 minutes in Hell. I've watched the interview with Bill Weise and I have to say, he seems very level headed, calm and conservative. Talking about this is obviously not easy for him.

In his interview Wiese mentions other people who have had similar experiences (visiting Hell) and I was wondering if there was anyone on this forum who had experienced anything similar like this and who had also seen the Weise interview or read the book.

Here's a link that gives background on Wiese and his book for those who might be curious.
www.beliefnet.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I will tell you of my life changing experience. I onced lived in anapartment in a really nice resort town with my sister and her byfriend. I worked every day and liked to party with friends and so on, especially om weekends. This one summer night, the kind where it's quiet and rather warm and peaceful, I came home from work. As usual, there was party going on and because there was no place to sleep I threw a mat on the florr in the living room next to the large picture window and lay down to sleep. I lay there for awhile unable to sleep, just looking up and outside of this window when suddenly there was blue sky like daylight, yet I knew it was night. But my eyes noticed a small white dot that grew larger untill I could see it swirling before me in sky outside. There appeared to be a tunnel in it and as I looked harder I was suddenly sucked up into it.
It was dark again but I found myself riding down a highway in a car that was pure white. On each side of the road were poles with light that passed by at a steady pace. I sat next to a driver who was pure white. "Where are we going?" I asked. "You'll see.." he kept telling me. Up ahead I saw a split in the road and one went down and the other went up. " I know now..." I told my driver, " I'm dead... and I'm going to my end wherever that is..." My driver said nothing. Confidently I said to myself, I will be going up, I just know I will. Suddenly we went down. As soon as we did there were more splits and more splits and more untill we were far down and seemingly lost from the road I had been on. Finally we entered a toll booth and my driver handed the booth attendant some papers and we went through and stopped. I got out and looked around. I then turned to look at my driver but he was gone. The attendant and the booth were gone. Fear gripped me. I seemed to be in a very large room with cement walls. Along the walls were cells and I could hear people crying and screaming and talking. I walked along the walls and looked inside the rooms. In each room were people doing the things that they had done on Earth while alive. Only there was no pleasure for them in it. They could not be satified no matter what they did or tried. They could see me and begged me to enter the room with them, one after another. Eventually I came across a room and in it were my brother and his wife. They were doing sickly things in there and they begged me to join with them in the hopes of satisfying their pleasure. It was painful to look at. All these people were sent here to wait for something worse. It was a prison. Finally, I turned and said, "I don't want to be here...!"
I suddenly found myself back where I had been before, laying there on the floor looking out the window.

I realised from that experience that the road was my life and the lightpoles were my years, and judgement lay beyond. But I was given a choice to change my ways. I did so. Now Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I realised that only Jesus could keep from such an awfull place.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It was a metaphor from God.

God didn't really bring him to hell, but told him how he was living.

The fact that God told this to someone who made it into a book for more people to know this message means God wasn't just speaking to him alone.

This is one of the main ways God speaks to us in dreams or visions, which is why the bible is wonderful gift to us, because it shows us many ways that God speaks to us.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Wow....when did this happen? And you've given your life to Christ? How has that changed things for you?

Thanks for sharing such a powerful moment in your life.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

A number of people have said the same thing but Wiese was a christian at the time...he honestly believes he was in hell. Did you read any of his descriptions or his feeling of pain, fear, terror and the incredible heat?

I definitely think God gave him a message. I'm not sure he actually went to hell but I wouldn't want to experience what he did.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have seen that and find it interesting... I do have reservations though.

But I would say the following video is even more so, IMHO. The video is called "To Hell and Back". It is a documentary of people who were unbelievers, atheists, etc who died, and after being resuscitated, told them of their experience in hell!!!

I have watched it a few times and jeeez....

www.freecdtracts.com...

Same video however, this link has better audio

video.google.com...

****Edited for spelling and links

[edit on 28-1-2008 by defcon365]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm having a really hard time swallowing his account. There have been dozens of stories from Christians who said they had been shown Hell but Jesus was always with them by their side to show them what it was like so they could return and tell anyone who would listen about it. In other words, they weren't tossed in there without an explanation for no reason whatsoever or tortured. It was a gentle guiding process where they were not harmed but simply shown. Not saying their stories are true but that is the gist of most accounts.

On the other hand, this man's account seems totally irrational with him being a Christian trying to tell it using a Christian perspective of beliefs. God isn't going to toss one of His children into Hell without explanation, let them get roughed up by a couple of demons, suffer in pain, then appear to basically say, "Psyche! Now go tell the world about it." It makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This is an interesting account out of scripture. The following scriptures are a conversation between the rich man that is in hell and Abraham, who is speaking on behalf of Lazarus, who is in paradise:

Then he (rich man) said, I pray thee therefore, father (Abraham), that thou wouldest send him (Lazarus) to my father's house: 28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. (See: Luke 16:19-31)

It appears that even a personal account of someone going to hell, in Abraham's eyes would be of no benefit in persuading them.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You can watch that particular video and others like it at this site:

www.spiritlessons.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

umm and whats the difference betwen that and flooding the whole earth or banishing a cupple from eden because of a mistake or banishing all unbelivers (be it a atheist or any non christian belife ) to hell for endless tortures ..

Face it , God (if he exists ) isnt the loving type that the church tries to sell to you (well not to everybody at least ) ..

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's posts like this that make you want to be an atheist, if god doesn't allow pleasure upon earth and we are damned if we do and damned if we don't...

Also did hell exist before people started believeing in God?

Hogwash in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I dont think it's as simple as heaven and hell.

I dont think it's as simple as good and bad.

I dont think it's as simple as positive and negative.

I dont think it's as simple as the Devil and G-D.

Clearly the person's on these movies beleive what they saw was real and i beleive them.

But what infact did they see ?

They saw a concept created and written on paper by man.

Life change's peaple you can go thru life with virtue and values and then something can come along and turn it all upside down.

Then you just need to do the best you can to keep on ticking.

I heard that G-D forgive's all sin's so why the heck would anyone get sent to hell ?

What is hell ? It's a word.

So we are told the Devil is in hell yes ?

Well if the Devil is so EVIL and BAD why would he waste his time punishing the wrong doing peaple ?

Does this not suggest that the Devil is in fact good ?

I say again if he was bad why would he waste his time punishing the wrong doing peaple ?

See what im getting at ?

Again i say this must mean the Devil is good ?

But it's not as simple as good and bad is it !!!

I beleive in G-D the creator i know he exist's.

But as for all the rest well it's mumbo jumbo cockamamy crap to keep us all in check.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 28-1-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Are your brother and his wife both dead already ?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This seems very weird.. but does anyone know if its possible to go to hell via astral projection?

After reading this I am so curious as to the nature of hell.. do the tormentors experience torment as well? Very good read though!

[edit on 28-1-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I was trying not to get off on bunny trails about theology so I don't want to get into the flood or Eden. This is strictly about this man's account. It makes no sense whatsoever. If it was a Buddhist with Buddha, a Hindu with Krishna, or a Muslim with Allah it wouldn't have made any sense either.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

God isn't going to toss one of His children into Hell without explanation, let them get roughed up by a couple of demons, suffer in pain, then appear to basically say, "Psyche! Now go tell the world about it." It makes no sense.

I understand what you're trying to say but why must it make "sense" to you for it to be true? If you only believed in what made sense you'd have a hard time believing in anything. There are still some people who "believe" it's impossible for a plane to fly. It just doesn't make sense to them. I think it's important to test all things. I'm not sure if he had a dream, a vision or a true out of body experience. Was it of God? I don't know...I don't think anyone can honestly say for sure but it's definitely interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacks56
I understand what you're trying to say but why must it make "sense" to you for it to be true? If you only believed in what made sense you'd have a hard time believing in anything.

It is true we are told "He chooses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise" so I suppose what I am trying to say is that it seems uncharacteristic of Him (concerning what we know of Him through the Bible) to do this to one of His faithful followers without warning. Our beliefs towards his story won't change the fact as to whether or not it is fact or fiction but, as you said, test all things. Yes, it sounds bogus to me. Could I be wrong? Sure. But going by what God has revealed to me, this is not something I could see Him doing.

new topics

top topics

join