It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The black box economy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Great post people, is nice to read about regular hard working Americans trying hard to get that piece of the American dream.

It is sad that our own government and its way of doing business is robbing many of us from that dream.

I will like to bring the new term call it The bubble economy.

This a term that is not new but lately we have heard of it more than any other given time in history due to the housing bubble crash.

The sign that our economy is build in bubbles can not be more true as we see the events in the last year or two.

This bubbles are noting more than fake sense of prosperity in which people make what they think is fortunes base of fake investments.

When they crash it take with them the dreams of many that depended on this type of economy to make fortunes.

The bubble economy is the new trend and one that will stay with us for a while until another bubble burst.

Right now all eyes are waiting for the next bubble and is predicted to burst by 2013 in the energy sector.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I will like to bring the new term call it The bubble economy.

This a term that is not new but lately we have heard of it more than any other given time in history due to the housing bubble crash.
[edit on 30-1-2008 by marg6043]

The American economy is in for long-term trouble of that nature, similar to the Japanese economy in the 90s and early 00s.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
They say that it is an Information Age, and it is.
Unfortunately, much of the information that can make you successful is available only to an elite few. The stock market is a good example. People push certain stocks, tell you it's a great buy, etc., but most don't really know, or they're telling you the opposite of what is true. Although insider trading is supposedly illegal, anyone really on the inside knows how to play the game so that trades can't be traced back to them. The result- the great unwahsed lose their shirts.
Take the MSM. Last night, CNN televised the Republican Debate-or what I call the half-Republican debate. There were supposed to be 4 people, but you only saw two of them most of the time. I tried to send messages on the CNN site, but as soon as I mentioned Ron Paul, that message and all my following messages ended up being tagged with "Your message is awaiting moderation" and never actually appeared. Tonight, I tried to send a message on the Democratic debate, merely commenting on one of Clinton's answers (and my message was very proper and not derogatory)- it also ended up with a permanent "Your message is awaiting moderation". I googled Ron Paul IP address blacklist, and found many hits that indicated that the main stream media has software that immediately blacklists any message that contains the words "Ron Paul".
Whether you support Ron Paul or not, the point is that the MSM decides what you hear, and who can speak. The important information, including financial information is never given to the public. It's like playing a game, and not being told what the rules are, and no matter what move you make, they tell you that you lose.
Sites like this one and some other alternative news sites are the only place one can go and hear this hidden information, so I urge you all to continue to participate, be patient with those of us that are new, and educate us. We are all hear to learn, and even novices like me have over 45 years of experience and occasionally have some nuggets to share.
Peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Interesting about the CNN comments you made. That is not surprising at all. As far as insider trading, I think one would be blind to not believe that it happens on a regular basis. People do not make money by being lucky on Wall Street. There is too much going on. You have to be "inside" to get the real info. Maybe traderonwallstreet can shed some light on it. Welcome to ATS!!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Every time I try to educate people I get abused...Because I am from Wall street I am pro corporation..I hate the little guy. it ends up in a pissing match and I am not into that any more. Sorry....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join