It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Base Northern Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I spent five years living in Arizona around the town of Winslow which is 45 Miles east of Flagstaff, i used to spend all my spare time out in the desert collecting minerals, doing my own exploring, i spent many times traveling I 40 to and from the Meteor Crater and always noticed a huge Aircraft Beacon on the Navajo Reservation north of the highway, on several occasions my passengers would tell me to stay away from a particular site i used to see by a slip road.

I was told the site used to be an old USAF base that had closed down but still owned by the government, of course being the way i am as soon as someone mentioned that it was taboo i wanted to go, In a thread earlier today i mentioned the desert and it all came back to me about the warnings and the things i found while i was out there, it seem to click that it could well be an Undergound base.

Allow me to explain, once when i was out there a white pickup came off the near by Mesa and i was told by the driver wearing shades that i was trespassing and needed to leave immediatley being British he seemed to accept my explanation i was unaware i had strayed onto private land because nowhere is it signposted as such, i remembered finding several old airvent tops disguarded by a cattle pond not far from the same area, i also remember around 9/11 there where several white semi trucks parked at a ranch on the land and several people commenting to me that it was strange they where there because the ranch does not have any livestock you can see, There is also an abandoned desert airstrip very close to the mesa the base was supposed to have been built upon.

I have searched the internet and can not find any mention of a base in this area apart from some National Guard Aircraft based at Winslow airport,
I am going to post some Google Earth images here of the area i am talking about, it will have to be upto yourselves to go there if you doubt the stories,surley there are members already in the area who either know the stories or can go and see.

This first image shows what people refere to as the ranch, could this be one of the entrances? notice the white pickups in the yard.

Second image is the actual Mesa where the base was supposed to be, you can see there has been major construction and all the rubble around the edge this is a huge mesa and the rubble is everywhere as you can see.

This image shows the aircraft beacon often you would see a white pickup here but you could never see anyone, a friend did say he could see people working there at night.

The airstrip is not noticable unless you stumble upon it, a few towns people said in the 90,s drug runners used it to drop off, but now they use the highway i've seen D.E.A agents on the highway searching cars.

This is about as far as i got to the mesa before being told to leave, in this area there are Disguarded Air vents and huge concrete slabs which have been broken just laying amongst the trees, this is a cattle pond but no cattle?

I wanted to put some up of an anomaly i discovered on the road between the RV park and Meteor Crater but the image is awful in that area on Google earth, what i saw there and you can go and see for yourselves, in winter about 5am just at sunrise if you travel towards the crater you will see on the west hand side what appears to be hot air coming from a small cave there, you can not miss it, i pointed it out to several people who where also taken aback by it, this area is littered by caves and cracks in the ground you can enter if your brave enough, Rattle snakes like these areas in winter as do everything else that bites.

Did i take pictures when i went exploring ? of course i did but i left them when i came home because i was intending to return, which i doubt they will allow me after this? Thank you for reading.

So what do you all think? can anyone find out about this base?

There are so many unexplained things in this area, and activity seems to happen at night

[edit on 27/1/2008 by azzllin] to fix images

[edit on 27/1/2008 by azzllin] to fix images

[edit on 27/1/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I suppose it could be an underground base, but I would think it more likely that it is some kind of mining operation. I know the area you are referring to and it is heavily mineralized with everything from copper to silver, gold, turquoise, malachite, chrysocola etc. Mining could also explain the security measures.

Being as how you are a rock hound; didn't mining cross your mind with the rubble [mine tailings]?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
hey there,

on the History channel (cable TV) tonight, Sunday the 27th Jan.,
there's a program dealing with 'under-ground' cities, etc.

are we dealing with 'synchronicity' or what ?

your thread and the mini-series kinda dealing with the same topic

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I searched everywhere around the area im talking about there are no signs of any mine workings either surface or underground, one thing i did forget to mention is everything north of the highway is Navajo Nation, i was only there because i had permission to explore on the understanding all findings where shared, a good way to determine mineral deposits is to examine the ant hills which can be tricky with fire ants (ouch) we would take a rock smack it on the side of the ant hill, the ants pour out and attack the rock, then you just take a plastic cup and scoop from the opposite side, what you have in the cup comes from deep underground, and you are right very rich in turquoise,jasper , chrysocola, lacking in gold and silver or copper, and more quartz than ive ever seen from ant hills anywhere in the world.

I love the little critters makes life easier,

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Another thing i can say about this area is there are cops all over this strech of highway, also when you travel around AZ as im sure lots of people on here have done there is a lack of drifters, that is to say people siting near the highway entrances trying to hitch hike.

even at the truck stops in Winslow the cops move these people on very very fast its like nobody is allowed to hang around this area for long,

I mentioned the ranch and the lack of cattle, how can a ranch out in the desert survive without this income? i thought the whole reason for a cattle ranch was for cattle, if you look at the pictures you will see there is absolutly nowhere for cattle to graze.

the cattle on the south side of the highway belong to the Bar T Bar ranch ( - T - ) and there is grazing all over so im thinking the lack of something could point to a secret base?

There has to be something there, why do people say it was a USAF base when it isnt even mentioned on the internet? even area 51 gets a mention where is this base?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

i have no doubt you have stumbled upon what I call a "rabbit hole". I too believe and am convinced such a covert underground infrastructure exist in Ellijay, Georgia. www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I lived a hop, skip and a jump from a poultry farm w/4 chicken houses sold and 2 add'l houses built. One 1 chicken house seemed to be in operation out of 6. No longer did we have the swarm of tormenting flies nor did we have to deal with the foul odor of these chicken houses.

i could go on and on; however, please take a gander at the link above.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If our goverment is digging underground city's and base's.

We better start building us some shelter's we in for more than rain in the forecast..

honestly if they got base's built mile's under ground or are makign base's.

something is up... lol

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
White vehicles, helicopter activity... Take a geiger counter out there and start sniffing with it... And prepare to be surprised amigo.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
1) white pickup trucks are not a sign of a super-secret activity. If this was the case, I would have to conclude that my neighborhood has a dozen secret silos

2) I've looked at the white circular object in one of your pics, on Google Maps. I'm not convinced that it is any kind of a beacon. Maybe it's a foundation of a fuel or water tank.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
White pickups aren't a sign of anything per se, but white pickups plus white helicopters, etc. definitely are. When I was in the service we had all the normal army toys and then on top of that a small number of white cars, vans, and a white civilian style chopper specifically for anti-terrorism training and covert stuff.

Hey buddha- this is our first disagreement (kind of!)

Should I finish with "thanks for the post"?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
imo, this thread should have gained more attention. it appears to me that any thread that deals w/covert underground facilities are taboo.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
this is what i'm talking about. this board is nothing but Samuel, Henry, Issas, Thomas. it's owned. this thread will never go over. this board is narcissistic overloards. K_ _ M_ A_ _!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I definitely think something fishy goes on in AZ. I've been to northern AZ many times and I absolutely believe that things happen in the desert that no one is supposed to know about, especially near Winslow, which is not very populated and, as you've said, is near the reservation. That allows for all kinds of things to go on.

I have no idea the kinds of things that are happening now, but I've heard relatives who grew up in the area talk about how they firmly believe in conspiracy theories, because they've seen weird goverment activities in their own backyards.

To me, it sounds as though you've stumbled upon something that's decidedly secret, but who knows what it is. Thanks for posting about it, though. Keep us informed!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
A most excellent job of research and information!
The google earth pics you have posted do INDEED make a strong case for an underground base.
The plain white trucks are also the mark of the military trying to look 'casual'........like other posters have said there are just so many white trucks all over they look innocent. We also know that area 51 is patrolled by white SUV's and trucks.

Now...... the location makes me think that this is PART of the underground DULCE complex.
It is rumored that the Dulce underground complex is so vast with its many MILES and MILES of underground tunnels in and around the 4 corners area.......

Local folks around the town of Dulce see very little activity of 'comings & goings"which adds to the secret nature of "does the base even exist'?...............I think what you have found is very likely the airstrip portion of the Dulce complex where things can be flown in and out and then gotten below ground without being seen.

I really DO THINK you have discovered a part of where the Dulce complex surfaces to get supplies.

MOST EXCELLENT job on your part!!!

I bet I am not alone in thinking this is an arm of Dulce........the location is just way to convenient for it NOT to be.
Man I wish you could get some good pics of planes landing there but I bet they come in during the deep of night.
I bet the planes are all military.

I would really LIKE to see John Lear come over to this thread and chime in on what he thinks about it, in fact I am going to u2u him the link......and hope he has some time to comment here, as this is right up his alley.....

GREAT THREAD and good pics!! you make a strong case!

[edit on 15-2-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
wheres the updates people? i was following this but now it just dies off.....man...i HATE it when good topics just die off in ATS. anyone else care to update or chime in with thier 2 cents? has anyone gotten any more pics? im almost thinking about heading out there myself.. its not too far away

rezn8

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rezn8

You should definitely consider going out there. ATS relies on intrepid people like yourself! If I'm ever in the area I'll definitely try to check it out, but I don't think it's in my near future. AZ is chock full of strange places/things/events!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I live about 2 1/2 hours from Winslow (I'm a little north of Phoenix). When I get a chance, I'd wouldn't mind spending a weekend in Winslow checking it out. If there are military aircraft landing there for whatever purpose, I doubt they do so on a regular basis. And even so, they probably do so at night like RiverGoddess said, so I don't know what type of footage/pics I'd be able to get but I'd sure love to try.

And for those who don't know, Winslow is where the famous Arizona meteor crater is located (it's about 20 miles outside of Winslow).

Also, there are indeed many strange things in Arizona, not only in Winslow but the lights over Phoenix, the legend of buried treasure in the Superstition Mountains

www.desertusa.com...

an alleged secret cave/underground city in the Grand Canyon from which the Smithsonian Museum is said to have taken ancient artifacts

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...,%201909%20Arizona%20Gazette%20article

and here is a Winslow newspaper article about a UFO sighting in the area in 2007

www.winslowaznews.com...

So yes there are definite strange things in the desert, both here in Arizona and throughout the southwest. And a lot of these things occur on or near Native reservations, where the general public can't get easy access. That would make it very convenient for "them" (gov. or whomever) to keep things hidden.

Excellent thread!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
did anyone ever go out to this site and check it out? isn't it funny how any thread with an element of truth in it is always buried and forgotten.... well this is a shameless bump as im sure a few of the people in this thread may have gone to check out the site and forgot to report on it, btw is there any way of fixing the images.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i am within range of winslow

can someone post up new pics because the ones posted do not work anymore.

also, some better directions or an address of this place?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I know this is quite a bit later than the OP, but I too was in AZ years ago, and stumbled upon an entrance to something while stationed there. I was in the ARMY, and did M.I. for the military. I was stationed at Fort Huachuca just outside Sierra Vista. I am a country boy, so it did not take too long before I had found some horses, and started to check out the scenery. Myself, my buddy, and two local girls were out riding, and got off of the trails south-southwest of the post(heading to Senoita I think). Anyways, we came over this burm, and down the other side, into a saddle. At the end of this saddle was a sign on a post...Do not proceed any further...So we did. After we went about 200 yards around the end of the saddle, we came to kind of a clearing with a 9-10 ft high double fenced in entrance. after the first fence with gate, there was another about five feet in, and probably forty or so feet into the door to the entrance. On this gate was a sign. Some thing like four or five paragraphs long, but the main part I found interesting was the warnings were in english, spanish, and Im gonna assume the local native language(Home of the Buffalo Soldiers).

Stop! Do not proceed any further unless authorized!
No Cameras
No Recording Devices
(etc.)
Use of deadly force is authorized for violators
(etc.)

I had not gotten into the second paragraph by the time we were all at gun point. I was exclaiming that I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca, and we were just out riding, and we would leave...we were all arrested, and seperated. Again, I was M.I. with a top secret clearance. I was put in a room and interrogated C.I.D. style for about 6 hours. Eventually my Company Commander came and got me, with the Provost Marshall, and two M.P.'s. I was not formally articled, but I got reamed for being "involved in this". I was instructed to not speak of this with any of my peers, or to any other military personnel, and if I was questioned to refer this person to my C.O.

I don't know what it was...and I haven't really gone looking to find out either. Needless to say, I did not go off of the trails very far again. And I never got an opportunity to go out with those girls again, although I did see them from time to time, they ignored my buddy and I...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join