It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

traitors should be shot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
www.cnn.com...

This kid should not make it out of the brig.

PERIOD

I Disagree. Bush is a traitor, let's shoot him?

Traitors can only exist if the entire conflict is service to self based, and is done based on lies and ignorance. When there is no war, when there ARE no sides, there cannot be traitors. If people ignorantly create the illusion of "good guys and bad guys" they also create the illusion of "traitors" and "disloyal" people.

"Traitors should be shot" is just another ignorant statement adding to the blind, self-pleasing goal of mankind.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'd like to just say this in closing:

I came in this thread to point out some of the more Neanderthal remarks that were made, and tried to stir up some good blood-warming debate.

I have a bad feeling that if I stay it's going to degenerate into a string of 'Leftist pussy!' and 'Fascist Pig' name calling for the rest of the afternoon.

Basic point is this. Capital Punishment is WRONG. Killing someone, ending their life, as a punishment...it's just inhumane.

This kid will probably never have a happy moment again for as long as he lives. And if people like some of you have anything to say about it, it won't be long at all. My original question still remains, though. What can you tell an Al-quaida RPG soldier about a Humvee that would make his Rocket-propelled grenade any more effective?

Aim for the gas tank? Well no #, sherlock.

I hope that this man is punished, because he put lives in danger. BUT, I don't think that he should be killed and or tortured for it.

And I'll say it again. Capital Punishment is WRONG.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
that I dont like you.

When you kill innocent lives and provoke the US goverment to respond by protecting its nation from threats, then you are an enemy combatant.

The fact that you say praise allah lets start a war to destory America means that you are an enemy combatant.

And the fact that you will kill US citizens and not target military opprotunities proves you are a coward and a worthless scum.

So if you want to defend these types of people Lilblam go ahead. But dont come crying here when they kill someone you know because of some act of terrorism.

The President is doing what he considers to the best option to ensure the safety of the United States.

If you live in the US and disagree, then pack your bags and move to another country where you can slander the US all you want.

We dont need you here anyways.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well Sunshine. I think divulging info to Al Queda to help them kill is wrong too. Full military justice if convicted as a traitor. I could give a rats arse if homefry ever has a happy moment again. Maybe he should have thought about that before joining the friggen army and then selling out to the very enemy we fight. Flippen Benedict Arnold.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i think deportation is the perfect answer for him...kick him out take all his id's and passports,put him on the terrorist watch list and lets be done with his ass.If he comes back or tries to do something stupid...then the punishment maybe along with those in cuba or maybe worse.

But I think deportation is a good idea if he has not hurt anyone physicly or by passing on of "real" sensitive imformation...and I do think deportation is a fairly severe punishment for a " grade a white boy/ muslim terrorist" lol let him have fun in pakistan or iran whatever..
He didnt hurt anyone but he obvioulsy is no american..as much as I disagree with all that bush has done I would never rat out on my fellow soldiers....NEVER..so kick him out!! hes no american..

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If you live in the US and disagree, then back your bags and move to another country where you can slander the US all you want.

Thats the most unamerican thing anyone can say!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I agree completely that captial punishment is totally inhumane, savage, primal, cuel, ineffective, and horrible.

I hope he is spared of that fate, and as for getting militant...Loki made a good point, they are not in any true danger, especially since the organization will not have any new weapons access, just because he tells them what type of armor a tank has.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This Awareness indicates that in accordance with the law in the Western world, which has come down from Rome through England and into the United States, the law reads that any contract, any obligation, financial or otherwise, which is based on fraud and misinterpretation or illegal activity, is null and void from the beginning.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
hurah hurah McGotti, what a perfect solution.

Yes, lets stripe him of his US citizenship and drop him off in Afganistan. What a perfect punishment. He can hang out with all his new islamic friends. Maybe he can even find his way to a new terrorist training camp, so that we can get the satisfaction of blowing his (o) up on the next bombing run.

What a wonderful solution. And you know what, I am sure some "people" on his base could probably arrange that one way flight for him. Even give him a parachute to jump out with. And then its see ya later buddy. Have a nice life living in the dirt hell that is Afganistan.

Bravo for that recomendation McGotti

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
He was just doing what he thought was right............

There is only one reason people commit treason, and that is greed.

Traitors have always been dealt with harshly throughout history. It's almost a given fact that when caught, a traitor will be executed. No, he doesn't need to be tortured. But execution, in my opinion( and the opinion of every country throughout history), is in order.

Remember the Rosenbergs?

How many people stood up for them when they were on trial?

Chances are, not a one.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It really doesnt matter if the information given to Al Queda helped them better understand how to penetrate a tank or humvee. That is simply not the point. He committed treason and colluded with the enemy. You liberals are sad believing the death penalty should not exist for killers. I bet you feel differently if your parents were in WTC 1 or 2.

I would like to jump through the screen and smack you in the head with a big 34 inch rubber dildo!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You liberals are sad believing the death penalty should not exist for killers

He didnt kill anybody man....hes a dumb kid..He didnt give coordinantes of the places where unprepared american soldiers where waiting...he didnt set up a bomb to kill soldiers...HE WENT INTO A CHAT ROOM!!! I could go do that right now....It wouldnt do anything to anyone..the punishment must fit the crime and he didnt do anything so severe to warrent death...but that just my opinion

Now say he told some terrorist pesronaly..say he was working with them in person..to set up ambushes and roadside bombs ect..or say he was tryin to set up ambushes or whatever on the computer...thats a diffenrent story...then a lynching maybe in order..but not for this..

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Dreamrebel, I strongly oppose capital punishment, it solves nothing and is only a savage form of revenge. Whether my parents were in World War 1, or victims of a serial killer, I would not want to see another person slaughtered, it would give me no sick pleasure that it might you. Another life taken away would solve nothing, it only contributes to a plummet into arcade punishment. Society is moving forward however, and more civilized countries are putting an end to capital punishment.

As well, as many others have said, this just seems to be a young boy, not really intending anything malicious. For all we know it might have even just been a prank, I have run into people in chatrooms claiming they are members of Al Quaeda, or people claiming they are going to kill the president. Someone may have just jumped to conclusions about this incident.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I cant believe my long time friend Mcgotti is turning on me. WTF?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thats fine. Your entitled to your opinion. Its a free country because our our military been able to preserve our freedom for you to feel that way. Maybe one day most of America will agree with you and change the laws. But for now your in the minority. Killers had no right to take a life, so why do they deserve any different.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Capital punishment, im my opinion, is justified in certain cases, especially treason.

Child molesters, murderers, rapists and so on are of no use to society. Just dead weight.

How many child rapists have you heard of that have been reformed?

Do away with them, end of story

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
that I dont like you.

When you kill innocent lives and provoke the US goverment to respond by protecting its nation from threats, then you are an enemy combatant.

The fact that you say praise allah lets start a war to destory America means that you are an enemy combatant.

And the fact that you will kill US citizens and not target military opprotunities proves you are a coward and a worthless scum.

So if you want to defend these types of people Lilblam go ahead. But dont come crying here when they kill someone you know because of some act of terrorism.

The President is doing what he considers to the best option to ensure the safety of the United States.

If you live in the US and disagree, then pack your bags and move to another country where you can slander the US all you want.

We dont need you here anyways.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by robertfenix]

I don't care who dies, attachments are service to self adn 3rd density anyway. Let'em kill everyone they want, I won't lift a finger to defend a soul. If you don't like it and want me to leave, tough!

But I'm not defending anyone, nor am I taking sides in a senseless chess game of war. If they come here and attack people, I let them. If we go attack them, I let us do that. But in no way will I help any of these groups achieve any of their ignorant goals. Deny ignorance buddy

Is defending your country from people who'd want to come here and kill all of you ignorant? Yes.

Human life, or life in general, is not worth fighting for at all... it's the soul that matters. If you are so obsessed by the survival and defense of your flesh, you're ignorant and have much to learn. That is all

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I do not live in America, I live in Canada. I am the majority here, as we do not tolerate capital punishment.

America is also slowly evolving, as a few states begin to abolish the death penalty one by one. Soon you may find yourself in the minority.

As for fighting for freedom...what does going on an idealistic crusade for George Bush against an enemy that was very little to no danger against the United States have to do with freedom? Many other countries are a much more immediate threat. I support the troops, since they get dragged into Bush's crusades, and have no choice in the matter. I however do not support the war.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
By the way Lilblam, I hate to side with Dreamrebel but you sound completely insane. The ethics and morals of human life are extremely imporant. There is no guarentee a soul exists either, in fact I can flat out say it does not exist. I believe this myself of course, you just sound so fanatical saying people must not be cared about preserving their flesh. Why not just put an end to the human race now then, so the souls can be free.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
the article ???

He is a soldier in OUR Army, he was caught in a sting.

This was not a one time comment in some chat room.

This was an organized sting set up by the Armed Forces to catch individuals trying to give information to the enemy.

There has been details leaked to the enemy about "certain" movements in Iraq of key people. And they want to start plugging the holes where these leaks are coming from.

While I am not saying this specific soldier gave up information about "certain" convoys I am saying that he is a threat to the safety of other soldiers.

And in doing so, willfully trying to give information to the enemy which is an act of Treason.

Period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join