It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

traitors should be shot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's a god damned shame I live in a country with people who are bloodthirsty savages.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
It's a god damned shame I live in a country with people who are bloodthirsty savages.

what?? you live in canada?? lol just kidding..canadians are pussy cats

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I still have alot of my childhood innocence, naievete, and idealism still with me...

It just sometimes comes as a shock to me when people talk about ruthlessly torturing and even killing someone else for doing what he believes is right.

This soldier, while he did break federal laws and all that, and is a very misguided young man, still was only doing what he believes is right. Maybe we all need to lighten up. I don't think that the solution is torture, or murder.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I still have alot of my childhood innocence, naievete, and idealism still with me...

It just sometimes comes as a shock to me when people talk about ruthlessly torturing and even killing someone else for doing what he believes is right.

This soldier, while he did break federal laws and all that, and is a very misguided young man, still was only doing what he believes is right. Maybe we all need to lighten up. I don't think that the solution is torture, or murder.

i couldn't have said this better myself

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yes - I agree. Lets get this confused child a cup of warm tea, and counselor, and a nice new rug to pray to mecca on. There is nothing wrong with his relgious belief, just being a traitor to his country and comrades. He deserves harsh punishment. He betrayed the country he swore to protect!

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I actually agree with you..I was just jokin around about the torture stuff.Unless he gave sensitive imformation the most he deserves is deportation.

In all seriousness..If he didnt hurt or indanger anyone..let him move to his muslim country of choice..or should I say force him.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
I think they get midevil on his arse.

If they really want to get Mediaeval, may I suggest this, which was the punishment for High Treason from 1241 - 1870 ... Hanging drawing and quartering

The full sentence passed upon those convicted of High Treason up to 1870 was as follows : That you be drawn on a hurdle to the place of execution where you shall be hanged by the neck and being alive cut down, your privy members shall be cut off and your bowels taken out and burned before you, your head severed from your body and your body divided into four quarters to be disposed of at the King�s pleasure.�

As you will see from the sentence it should properly be called drawing, hanging and quartering as the condemned was drawn to the place of execution tied to the hurdle which was dragged by a horse. (The hurdle was similar to a piece of fencing made from thin branches interwoven to form a panel.) Once there, the prisoner(s) were hanged in the normal way (i.e. without a drop to ensure that the neck was not broken) but cut down whilst still conscious. The penis and testicles were cut off and the stomach was slit open. The intestines and heart were removed and burned before them. The other organs were torn out and finally the head was cut off and the body divided into four quarters. The head and quarters were parboiled to prevent them rotting too quickly and then displayed upon the city gates as a grim warning to all.

At some point in this agonising process the prisoner inevitably died of strangulation and/or haemorrhage and/or shock and damage to vital organs.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'd love to see what happens to him if we dropped him in a true hotspot for terrorists.

He'd probably cry.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
When I was in saudi, about 8 guys came out and said they were muslims, in my unit. That really made the rest of us nervous, because they hung out with the local Muslims and stuff and they talked about converting the rest of us to Islam, one way or another, ect. But we all slept with one eye open. One would think, that American Muslims would be muslims, but still serve thier country, like Christians and Jews do. Why are we getting a bunch of Muslim extremists instead?

Can't say you're wrong there Elfie. I've been around the zealot Muslims myself, saying that they were "born here, but will die fighting for Islam anywhere".

We can't pass judgement until we have the same circumstances come to play.
For example, take our Christian fanatics & have them in a country in the same situation as Iraq.....except this hypothetical Iraq is all Christian. They just got 15,000 Christian non-combatant men/women/children Shocked & Awed, and now they're members of the occupying forces over that Christian country.
Think you'd be sleeping with both eyes open watching those Christian platoon mates?
All the dregs we drag up on Muslims & we have as big, actually bigger, problem in this country with Christian Fundies.

I wonder how much of a media misdirection this kids traitor move actually is?
Based on his MO, we're not talking any damage worth mention.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Yes - I agree. Lets get this confused child a cup of warm tea, and counselor, and a nice new rug to pray to mecca on. There is nothing wrong with his relgious belief, just being a traitor to his country and comrades. He deserves harsh punishment. He betrayed the country he swore to protect!

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

Oh, I'm sorry, Didn't know that you weren't satisfied with him being in a military prison. Why don't we saw off his legs, and pack the stumps with lemon rinds, then we can pop his eyballs with a fountain pen. Would that be better?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
How can you consider giving information to the "enemy" as the "right" thing to do ?

Do you know how many lives he could have put in danger by giving out information?

IS that right, that he has no regard for the life of other people that he is willing to give information to the enemy just because he converted to islam.

If thats the case then I will go out right now and hunt down every one of these "converted to islam" freaks like John Walker Lindh and personally castrate them and then hog tie them to a tree, to be beat senseless by anyone in this great country that thinks these people are traitors.

So point fingers at me that I am blood thirsty, I don't care. But I will be damned if some snotty nose kid is going to endanger the lives of our service men and women.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
John Walker Lindh

He was not in the u.s. military and he should only be treated as any other POW.It really seems to be getting to the point where most americans are willing to kill and slaughter anyone who does not agree with what the u.s. does..

Its sad really

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
How can you consider giving information to the "enemy" as the "right" thing to do ?

Do you know how many lives he could have put in danger by giving out information?

IS that right, that he has no regard for the life of other people that he is willing to give information to the enemy just because he converted to islam.

If thats the case then I will go out right now and hunt down every one of these "converted to islam" freaks like John Walker Lindh and personally castrate them and then hog tie them to a tree, to be beat senseless by anyone in this great country that thinks these people are traitors.

So point fingers at me that I am blood thirsty, I don't care. But I will be damned if some snotty nose kid is going to endanger the lives of our service men and women.

Do you know what war is like?

Have you physically seen someone's life END?

If you haven't...you DON'T want to.

I'm going to take alot of flak for what I'm about to say.

This war that's going on right now is farcical, at best. Every day, more and more reason is found that the war should not have been started in the first place.

Do you know how many people have died at the hands of US servicemen in this campaign?
How many of these servicemen have died?

Death is not a pretty thing. This man was doing wrong, I've said that. But he was just trying to help these people have a better chance of survival against superior US equipment and firepower.

His actions are deplorable. They are wrong, and I'd never think to help someone kill people.

BUT. It is NEVER alright to kill someone for something they said or did.

and please, don't call me out like that again.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
When you are talking about endangering the lives of other Americans than I dont really care what happens to that person.

Just as that person had no regard for the lives (American or otherwise) that he put in danger.

SO if my life is put in danger by the actions of some kid because he "converted" to Islam, well then I will take no pitty on his fate.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
"Have you physically seen someone's life END? . "

have you?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
SO if my life is put in danger by the actions of some kid because he "converted" to Islam, well then I will take no pitty on his fate.

This "kid" didnt put YOUR life in danger.....so why do you want to kill and torture him????

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mouko_ryuu
"Have you physically seen someone's life END? . "

have you?

Yes.

I don't want to talk about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
How many lives were in danger? Very few most likely, since a common soldier has no truly useful information.

I agree that he should be treated humanely, with respect. As should anyone, no matter how serious their crime. Torture is a savage act, which should not take place in a civilized country.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think we sould buckwheat him.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"Oh, I'm sorry, Didn't know that you weren't satisfied with him being in a military prison. Why don't we saw off his legs, and pack the stumps with lemon rinds, then we can pop his eyballs with a fountain pen. Would that be better"

Funny!! Umm - not to state the obvious. But helping Al Queada defeat our superior military force.. Yeah I agree with your quote above. Lets poke his eyes out with a fountain pen. I have family serving in the military oversees trying to defend your sorry arse from Al Queda drving a plane into your building or spraying ebola on the salad bar a your local Sizzler. And Jackass here thinks its his duty to help them. Hummmmmmm I know im not the sharpest pencil in the box, but harsh punishment is indeed required.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join