It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bourne Ultimatum & The Dulce Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is a very simple and direct observation
that I think means... something...

In the movie THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM,
near the end of the movie,
there is a dossier- or a computer screen image-
that gives the resume/personal info of the Doctor
who, years ago, took away Jason Bourne's real identity
and manufactured him into a killer.

The whole film shows flashbacks of this pivotal event-
and it is the plot point that drives the whole film...

Anyway...

This doctor... I think he was played by Albert Finney...
has an interesting personal item in his dossier.

When the screen shows his picture, name and personal info,
his location is listed as...

Dulce, NM.

So what, you ask?

Well, perhaps it is a clue... by writers who are in the know
about the real CIA and other black ops...

Why would you connect a character who is a doctor that brainwashes
and creates assassins for the government.... with Dulce?

Perhaps... perhaps it is a clue to the fact that such things occur there-
that is, deep intelligence training for spies and assassins...
or just general MK-ULTRA type mind control experiments...

Of all the places to be from... this crazy CIA doctor is from Dulce.

As I have said before- certain movies, under the guise of fiction,
may reveal truths... about UFOs, conspiracies, etc...

Have the DVD? Check it out- near the end- last 20 minutes or so...

TPM

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I guess what I am saying is this:

sure- most people have and will not see this literal frame in the movie-
that is not the point.

Presume it is really in there...

My question is:

is that a random meaningless detail in the writing/art direction of a movie-
or... is it a clue, left by the writers, about where such CIA mind control stuff happens...

Agree or not?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have the DVD, ill def check it out. Out of ALLLL the places, why Dulce, NM? Isn't Dulce, NM an almost obscure town with a very small population? Also, they wouldn't put the location of where the doctor lived, but where he worked. So he worked in Dulce, NM. Which makes it stranger considering there is supposed to be NOTHING there!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I watched that film not too long ago but failed to notice what you've brought to attention in this thread. I believe there is significance to this. I have noticed symbolism and references in movies that are eerily similar to real-life events of questionability. It's quite disturbing to me to think that there is a collective group that is aware of these happenings and throws it in our faces as if we are all oblivious to it. If not the latter, then it would appear the writers of Hollywood have spent some time on ATS.
Funny how it's not a mainstream way of thinking, so why bother feeding these theories?

On topic but off - I'm scared of Hollywood's power and influence over our culture. They're not just movies. It's not just entertainment. I believe it's used as a tool for conditioning people. View them with caution.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well figured I should throw out a simple answer just for the sake of it being there.

The whole series is conspiracy upon conspiracy, it makes sense that the writters of the screenplay would pull together idea's from various conspiracies, and probably used the internet for a number of searches and details. Its quite possible that, seeing the Dulce conspiracy (possibly on this site) they included it in the movie in an obscure way to get those conspiracy nuts (us) drooling and chuckling to ourselves.

I really doubt there is deeper meaning to it.

If Dulce is a real facility, it is among the most secretive, so why would some hollywood writters that are adapting a Ludlum book to a movie, have any idea of what is really going on there?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I have the DVD, ill def check it out. Out of ALLLL the places, why Dulce, NM? Isn't Dulce, NM an almost obscure town with a very small population? Also, they wouldn't put the location of where the doctor lived, but where he worked. So he worked in Dulce, NM. Which makes it stranger considering there is supposed to be NOTHING there!

purely for the reason that there are loads of threads about Dulce underground base all over ATS and the NET. You say that there isn't anything there, but there is a well known conspiracy theory...

I think there is nothing more to this than good research on behalf of the film maker....

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
one of the writers tied the base into the old mindcontroled assasin theory,nice bit of work,I say.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yes- I would agree that perhaps the writers used DULCE
for the value it has as a mysterious conspiracy topic...

Completely possible and reasonable...

BUT

My theory is this...

The writers of the adaptation (not Robert Ludlum of course)
were perhaps contacted by current or ex-CIA agents...
why? Because this movie is a high profile fictional CIA story,
and I bet someone at the CIA wanted to pack the fiction
with reality (for example- the very idea of TREADSTONE as an
illegal assassin-creating program... perhaps a real part of the CIA,
either now or in the past)...

So- I think Dulce was mentioned by a leaking CIA contact as a center
for this type of mind control work... and the writer included it.

My 2 cents.

TPM

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms
My theory is this...

The writers of the adaptation (not Robert Ludlum of course)
were perhaps contacted by current or ex-CIA agents...

This would violate their National Security Oath and put them at great risk. After all, the CIA has the assets to mobilize entire forieng armies against a popular uprising, what makes you think they cant track down one small leak?

Secondly, anyone high enough in the CIA to know about Dulce (wasnt that base supposed to be run by a different black-ops entity?) would most certainly not give away state secrets as they would have been inundated into the fray almost from highschool graduation. Hell they may even be brainwashed to protect such secrets.

why? Because this movie is a high profile fictional CIA story,
and I bet someone at the CIA wanted to pack the fiction
with reality (for example- the very idea of TREADSTONE as an
illegal assassin-creating program... perhaps a real part of the CIA,
either now or in the past)...

So- I think Dulce was mentioned by a leaking CIA contact as a center
for this type of mind control work... and the writer included it.

Well you have to remember, one of the reasons we even know about the MK-Ultra and Delta programs is because the organizations behind them moved on and deemed them no longer important. Dulce, as the story goes, is still in operation. Such a leak would put too many reasources in trouble.

Besides, if someone in the CIA really wanted to leak this information, why leak it at such an obscure point, with no real refrence to what Dulce is (speculative or otherwise)? I mean, all it says is Dulce, NM right? nothing like, Dulce mind control facility or alien hybrid plan.... I just think its too obscure to really mean anything unless your a conspiracy nut like us.

but thats just me...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
what it means is that the writers did their research, and left easter-eggs such as this for people like us to find

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikmti
what it means is that the writers did their research, and left easter-eggs such as this for people like us to find

Exactly. Or it just shows that there are conspiracy nuts among writers also. This is FAR more likely than the writers being ex-CIA agents who know everything about these assumed bases and just want to leak it.

Now COME ON, think for just 1 second. Please just 1. There are a million better ways of getting the word out (and anonymously) than hiding it in 1 scene in a movie where perhaps 1 person in the world will find it. AND you could be traced back as the author of that line. Just cut this kind of crap.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If I made a spy movie (or any movie for that matter!) I would definetly put in some subtle stuff like that. Of course I would also explain in the commentary exactly why I did it, so I could encourage people to do their homework on the subjects. It would be way too distracting in the movie if a character paused, pointed at the screen and exclaimed: "Hey, Dulce NM! Isn't that where the aliens are??"

top topics

join