It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MythBusters Viewer Challenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Discovery Channel show MythBusters has issued a viewer challenge to find more "myths" for them to prove or bust and I think that the events of September 11, 2001 provides ample untouched material for them. A few "myths" that immediatley popped into my mind:
* 99% of the concrete in a "collapsing" building will turn into micro-fine dust and blow away.
*Square tubular steel columns measuring 18" x 18" in cross-section with a wall thickness of 3/4" will not only heat up to over 1,000 degrees f in the type of fires and timeframe witnessed on Black Tuesday thus turning them into spaghetti and simultaneusly failing, but that they can do so without even breaking glass windows attached to them.
* An airliner can slice cleanly through a couple dozen of these 18" external columns without decelerating, and disappear leaving not a speck of debris or fuel etc. on the outside of this intense grid of columns.
* A person can withstand the afore mentioned conditions and lean against a massive steel column at these temperatures
*An airliner smashing into a stone clad building will cause the wings to not lurch forward as physics dictates , but instead will fold backwards against the fuselage - thereby allowing the entire airplane to fit through a hole barely large enough for the cylindrical fuselage to fit in.
* An amatuer pilot barely capable of flying a single engine plane can succesfully execute the maneuvers said to have been performed that day
* Fuel from an aircraft can form a fireball and blow inwards elevator doors forcing itself into an elevator shaft without blowing out windows in the building only a couple dozen feet from the shaft and then travel down dozens of floors somehow getting past "plugs" in these elevator shafts called "elevators" and then somehow exit the shaft in the sky lobby and re-enter the shaft below without breaking any windows in the sky lobby or any damage to the doors and not being noticed by anyone in the skylobby, continue downward for dozens of floors again getting past yet another "elevator" plugging the shaft, and then blow outward heavy steel utility elevator doors after reaching the basement 800 feet away after having gone past dozens of weaker doors above without damaging them.

You get the idea, there are dozens of things I can think of to submit and I am certain this community has lots more. I urge everyone here on both sides of this "debate" to submit one or two well defined items to their site for Adam, Jamie, Kari, Grant and Tori to Bust or Prove.
The MythBuster Viewer Challenge link is here:

community.discovery.com...
Please be civil and happy MythBusting!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
thats a ........... different sort of myth to test.

though i don't think they will do it

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
im sure discovery would never let them mythbust Sept11..

but Jamie and Adam would be the perfect guys for the job...
..buster would probably call in sick that month.. LOLOL

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I also doubt that Discovery would allow such an episode to be filmed.

However, I'd like to raise the following question: If the Mythbusters did film such an episode, would it change the minds of any of the more "die-hard" proponents in either camp?

If Adam and Jamie disproved the official story, I would expect many believers of that official story to work to debunk the Mythbusters - for example, it would be impossible (from a standpoint of practicality) to take this particular experiment full-scale.

On the other hand, if Adam and Jamie proved the official story, I would expect many people who assert some level of government involvement/collusion in the attacks to link Adam and Jamie to some larger conspiracy.

I'm not sure such an attempted Mythbusting would leave anyone with solid answers either way...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I doubt the Discovery Channel would allow them to tough this with a huge pole, the controversy and danger it would bring to the crew would be way to much, i have thought about this too and if they wont touch the kennedy assasination this would be a huge nono, it is like there has been very few tv shows about the us involvment in 911 it is a huge taboo for them because of the danger IMO

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The replies I have recieved thus far since posting this thread are exactly what I expected. I agree that the "Discovery" channel would never allow any of this to happen. That being said I think it is still important to try because even denial proves certain things. Perhaps sending a suggestion in to Mythbusters and seeing that they are simply ignored might wake up those among us who still believe that their isnt media complicity in this crime and its coverup for instance. I personally would like to hear from others what results they get from their submissions. I thought of this avenue for exposure years ago and have e-mailed Mythbusters many times with many different e-mail addresses(sometimes posing as a believer of the OCT) and have never received acknowledgement from them and also of course have never had a single one of my very mild and innocent suggestions for the show posted on their site. Perhaps a very large number of requests would have to be acknowledged by them at the very least. So please, even though you will probably be ignored, take a little time and burna few precious electrons and make absolutely certain that it will get us nowhere rather than simply saying it will never happen and not try at all. Thank you all for your responses (a few stars and flags would help out a lot) and dont give up all hope just yet!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Whether or not Myth Busters actually tries to debunk the 9/11 conspiracy, I have seen many shows of theirs and they just do not take into consideration the many variables that an experiment should. Unfortunately many take their findings to heart. In my opinion they are generally farce... although entertaining.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

I understand Mythbusters is entertainment not true scientific analysis. The true purpose of this thread isnt truly to have the Mythbusters finally lay to rest the 9/11 "debate", although they could certainly bring a lot of attention to it. The idea here is to force the Discovery channel to deny peoples input in a public forum and thereby awaken people to the fact that the media is not just a part of the total plan, but the central part of the plan to dupe the masses into believing black is white i.e.- "Giant skyscrapers turned into dust? Sounds normal to me" The methods they use dont usually involve outright lies as they are risky, but rather misdirection, obfuscation and marginalization(ignoring people making their veiw irrelevant). If they are simply ignoring facts- they cant be caught in a lie. The topis of discussion i see not only here but everywhere indicate that most people, including most people in the truth movement do not realize that everything we see on the tube(and most other mass media mediums as well) is carefully chosen to keep us in the dark and mold our collective perception. If I can wake up a single person by doing this, I think it is worthwhile.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I know a simple test that could be done that would answer ALOT of questions, take 4 or 5 pieces of steel the the same thickness that was used for the interior columns then using several compressed air cannons (aimed at each of the steel columns) fire solid aluminum rods at 500mph and see if they do any damage to the steel.

Then after this experiment take one of the columns and load a real world amount of weight (what it would have supported in the tower) and subject it to 1000degree heat. see what happens.

These two experiments would cost very little and would prove much.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Thanks for the reply Retikx, I think your ideas fit right in with what the Mythbusters are looking for in provable experiments.. Have you e-mailed them? The link to their veiwer challenge is at top of thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea and contrary to some above posts, I am not so sure Discovery would put the brakes on it. I have seen a few 9/11 conspiracy type programs recently on the channel.
Having said that. If they do run the 9/11 special how much of it could you trust. I have often wondered about the accuracy of some of the results and if they had been "instructed" to show certain findings by the authorities. One example is the speed camera myths. Would the authorities want the public to know how to avoid a fine? Think about it.
Great show anyway

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Not that they would have the budget to do the studies they would need to. Airliners arent cheap....not even used ones. Nor are 110 story office buildings or a few thousand gallons of jet fuel. But I say, sure, lets do it. I have faith in the Discovery Channel, after all it wasnt too long ago that they proved that ONE bullet could have caused all those injuries to Kennedy and Connally. So, again I say, lets do it.....so we can put these ridiculous 9/11 conspiracies to rest.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
All that would do is provide Discovery a platform to feed the official story to the masses. It would reinforce the ignorance of the already obnoxious people who only believe what they see on TV.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Seems Mythbusters did a good job debunking the thermite myth. This video shows them attempting to melt an SUV with 1/2 a TON of thermite. Pretty cool to watch.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Nice idea but asking Mythbusters to debunk or disprove the 9/11 conspiracies would serve only to further enforce the official versions already given. A classic example is their mythbusting of the Apollo Moon Landings conspiracies. They did a great job *cough* recreating some of these scenarios in the time they were given.

Anyone not yet seen this episode should go find it and watch it. It is highly informative in more ways than one.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Maybe we could word it so it doesn't really involve 9/11? At least on the surface. Just a thought.

Still thinking about how this would work, but I'm open to suggestions.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Maybe we could have Jamie and Adam experiemnt with marijuanna myths. I think that would be the best episode ever....

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
I have often wondered about the accuracy of some of the results and if they had been "instructed" to show certain findings by the authorities.

You got me thinking about the show where they did Tesla's "earthquake machine". They did get the bridge to vibrate, but they turned it off before it could collapse. Find the resonant vibrational frequency of a building and down it goes. I could see why they don't want this knowledge out there.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
If they do run the 9/11 special how much of it could you trust. I have often wondered about the accuracy of some of the results and if they had been "instructed" to show certain findings by the authorities.

They've already been challenged by viewers on some of their earlier experiments, and redid them to find their original conclusion was wrong. So it's not like these guys were ever Bushian "deciders," either, they just do the best they can.

If I'm not mistaken they were going to do some 9/11-related experiment or something else controversial like that before but three different financial/credit companies approached them and threatened them with lawsuits. I know I read of this happening to some TV show and MythBusters is the only show like that that I can think of off the top of my head. Anybody else know about this?

[edit on 1-12-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted by azzllin
I doubt the Discovery Channel would allow them to tough this with a huge pole, the controversy and danger it would bring to the crew would be way to much, i have thought about this too and if they wont touch the kennedy assasination this would be a huge nono, it is like there has been very few tv shows about the us involvment in 911 it is a huge taboo for them because of the danger IMO

Think about that. If the US government was not responsible for 9-11, then there would be no danger to the Myth Busters nor the Discovery Channel would there? The danger only comes from the desperation to keep the American people uninformed; isn't that correct? So why wouldn't Myth Busters and Discovery just go ahead and do it; Bush could get a starring role reading My Pet Goat; unless they knew for a fact that it would be very dangerous and career destroying?

If the US government was not deeply involved in the carrying out of 9-11 and the murder of 3000 innocent people, then why should they care about a TV show? Bush would not have desperately tried to block each and every attempt to investigate 9-11. The gag-orders and lies and shipping the evidence out of country would have been unnecessary wouldn't it? Evidence confiscation and evidence tampering and witness bullying and outright lying would have been completely unneeded by the FBI, isn't that correct?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join