It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Rambo - Incredible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I watched John Rambo on Friday the night it came out - it is a incredible and AMAZING movie!..

Maybe some will watch it for the special effects and the incredible violence because they are a fan of movies that make Saving Private Ryan look tame. Maybe some will watch it because of the actual real effects of seeing a guys upper head get completely removed by a snipers .50 calibre rifle... Maybe some will watch it because they are violent fan nuts..

But in reality those who are completely OPPOSED to violence, those in the 911 truth movement and those who believe in America, and ALL her patriots NEED to watch this film - they need to watch it as a patriotic duty.. They need to see what real tyranny is like - and learn what the road ahead could become for America if they continue down the path of self-tyranny... That is quite a statement until you realize the scenes of slaughter against the Karen tribes in Burma ARE ACTUAL DEPICTIONS OF REAL EVENTS...

The Burmese Army has launched no less than 200 separate attacks against Karen Villagers in the last year alone - and just like the movie they have actually launched mortar attacks on the villages - leaving children all full of bamboo shrapnel and shooting and maiming children.. THE MOVIE IN THIS REGARDS IS REAL - ITS NOT EXAGGERATED AT ALL. Western reviewers are completely shooting down Stallone for trying to put a movie out at 61 but missing the point that their are real underlying issues at stake here that Stallone is explicitly demonstrating in the movie... The actual opening scenes of dead bodies IS of REAL PEOPLE. Maybe you don't like watching ultra-violent films but you need to force yourself to sit through it - to see where America is going to take herself if she does not stop her paths towards self-destruction and tyranny..

I'm planning on going to see it again....

bloggingforburma.blogspot.com...

mod edit: removed all caps from title, please don't use all caps in your titles or posts.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Damn those Burmese! Why haven't we invaded yet?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gulfstreamsalt
ALL AMERICANS SHOULD WATCH IT!

bloggingforburma.blogspot.com...

Ok, that makes me not want to watch it just to spite you.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I saw it the other week--its was pretty kick ass!! Don't expect a lot of dialogue and plot development. There simply is no time for that because of the major ass kicking.

This chart says it all

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gulfstreamsalt

Rambo is my all time favorate! LOVE IT
(You won't believe this - but honest... my son is watching a tape I made of First Blood right now. I darted in to watch my favorate parts.)

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
TOP movie!

I would say its one one the best action movies i have seen in recent years! It was beyond what i expected.Its definetly a MUST watch!!

Does anyone know what that explosive was called where rambo used it on the trees at the end? i heard him saying something like C4/claymore which blew up like a mini nuke?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It was a claymore which he strapped to unexploded bomb from world war 2.
This is my all time fave Rambo film.
A friend has told me Stallone intends doing another, while I definately would watch it i do think it's time for Rambo to retire.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Are you 100% sure that the claymore was strapped to that huge rusty WW2 bomb that i we saw earlier in the movie when the mercenaries were treking?

I can't remember seeing the rusty bomb when rambo was strapping the claymore with the tree branch and wiring it up.I thought that mini-nuke style explosion was all to do with just the claymore itself.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

He was supposedly attaching the Claymore to a British Tallboy or Grand Slam bomb from WWII. Up unitl the creation of the MOAB it was one of the most powerful and effective ordanances produced.

Tallboy Bomb

[edit on 24-2-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Yes a very good film. Lots of detailed scenes of amputation via ordnance.
I have heard of Burma's plight and it is indeed sad.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I saw this movie last night and it was frigging awesome, easily one of the best movies I've ever seen. It makes you realise how much the Burmese are actually suffering. Also the blood and gore was pretty cool too, I like the bit where he rips out the guys throat.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Sorry to be a killjoy, but I thought it was awfull.

But then I don't really like films which just have violence for the sake of it.

new topics

top topics

join