It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flicker Lights During State Of Union Address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The State of the Union address is on tomorrow night. I have a question I would like to ask anyone who has ever had lights go out when they pass by them. You all know who you are even if you have decided not to tell anyone. Exactly 15 minutes into the speech if everyone could concentrate on turning the lights out. If you would rather just flicker them great but we need to make a decision on which one to do so everyone is concentrating on the same thing at the same time.
If ever there was a time for everyone to know for sure this would be the time. If everyone would like to try that would be a plus. Please respond ASAP if you would like to participate!!!!!!

[edit on 1/27/08 by EntitySeed]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You have your first flag 'n star, my friend. I hope this takes off, as it'll give me a reason to suffer thru the state of the union address, other than alternating bouts of disbelief and sheer hilarity.

I vote for lights out.

Good luck!

[edit on 1/27/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
...alternating bouts of disbelief and sheer hilarity.

Hey, EntitySeed, sounds good.
But, how about for all who don't believe in the lights going out effect, everyone else just turn out all the lights inside and outside their house/apt/etc and sit in the dark while watching or not watching the speech, to symbolize how much in the dark this administration would like to keep us all, or do things in the dark so we don't see.
When the speech is over, we could then go around and turn on ALL our lights momentarily to symbolize the need for Light.

Also sit with your back turned to the tv, if one is going to listen to it, to symbolize how this administration has turned their back on us.

Oh, we could tack a copy of the Constitution on our door during the speech.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EntitySeed

If you notice any unmarked white vans in your area or hear any clicking on your phone, no worries, it's just the Secret Service trying to figure out if you are a home-grown terrorist, since this is your obvious attempt at radicalizing the internet.

Of course, I'm only kidding. Or am I? I mean this is ATS...anyway, cool idea, none the less!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Maybe I should clarify what I mean by turning the lights out. The thread I started entitled "Lights that go out when near them" is what I meant. Please read! What I meant was trying an experiment by turning off the lights in the room where the speech will be in! Also no I'm not a radical or any thing else that some will want to consider me. I just wanted to see if the phenomena is for real and what a better time to try than on national TV when 1/2 the United States is watching. I do not believe anyone could call what some people are calling a coincidence will be able to debunk it if it actually works.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
How about everyon focus on his forehead and see if we can get him to scratch it profusley.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Hello, I've added a few things to the other thread because more people are reading that than this right now. First Thank you for your replies. Well, I have a feeling that there are I hope many that have read the thread and are going to with us tomorrow night but haven't replied. I completely understand. So here it is.
#1 concentrate on turning the lights off in the room where the speech will be so that they turn off at 15 minutes into the speech. Don"t give up if it doesn't happen immediately. It will.
#2 Concentrate only on turning off the lights in the room and nothing else. "NOTHING"
#3 Wait for it to happen. Keep positive and focused.
Good Luck to everyone! Stay Focused!

[edit on 1/27/08 by EntitySeed]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Okay...I'll be watching. Anyone else?

My magic eight ball says this is not going to work but we'll see.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just curious to know how many of you will be attempting this tonight ... it's the main reason I want to watch tonight's address!

Jemison

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
How hilarious would it be if some page at the Capitol hit the lights just to jack with people on ATS!

Okay (cough/clears throat), I take it back Mr. Secret Service man.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Just curious to know how many of you will be attempting this tonight ... it's the main reason I want to watch tonight's address!

Jemison

My main reason too. I'll give it a shot. Why not?

It'll help me thru it.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

Jemison

My main reason too. I'll give it a shot. Why not?

It'll help me thru it.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hm....i'll try but what will it prove?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
At exactly 9:00pm my TV stopped working in the living room. The TV in my computer room is still working. This freakin back fired on me!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Are you going to do it 15 minutes after he starts talking?!? Or from the time the coverage started? With all of the lightbulbs flickering it might be hard to tell if the lights flicker or dim.

Good luck!!

Jemison

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well, whatever was supposed to happen didn't because after 15 minutes of his speech, he paused and then smiled with a slight laughter. I guess I was too distracted after having eaten a large dinner earlier and couldn't concentrate well enough to pull off this flickering light off event. BUT, I tried something else and (I'm not taking any credit for this one) but the camera focusing on 'W' went downward!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I simply pray when he speaks that he sounds like a bumbling idiot and i always get my wish.
Never fails.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EntitySeed
At exactly 9:00pm my TV stopped working in the living room. The TV in my computer room is still working. This freakin back fired on me!

That's the thing about SLIding... you have to be in the room for your "energy" to affect lights, electronics, etc. At least, that seems to be the way they think it works.

On the other hand, mass consciousness experiments might influence events at great distances.

It's interesting to ponder.

Is your television working now? Usually when I knock out something, it seems to be fine later.
PS: Can you send/receive u2u's yet?

[edit on 1/29/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Hey! I didn't think anything would happen. But my TV going off ticked me. Service came today and turns out the lamp blew. Pretty darn weird no matter how you look at it. If something can happen to anyone it will happen to me. Story of my life. That's my story and I'm stickin to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join