It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oats, Carb of Choice for Bodybuilders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Oats. If you want to grow you've got to eat them. Problem is....man, talk about bland.

Anyone else on here eat a bunch of oats as part of their bulking cycles? If so, how do you eat them?

Personally, I grind them up in a coffee grinder and toss them into my mid morning and mid afternoon shakes.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't have bulking cycles but I really, really like porridge. It's my secret weapon against old man body. One of our friends makes these huge oatmeal and date cookies that are my favorite.

Gruel in a mug with brown sugar is... well, I like it... with celery actually. Porridge on nice 12-grain bread toast and an egg is a good one. I'm breading some chicken for the BBQ right now... guess what's in it? It's crunchy (use large flake oats) and adds texture to the breading... cook it slow not under direct flame and the bread will soak up your favorite fire sauce or the nice sweet oriental orange sauce. Yum.

If you can handle chocolate... there is some serious evil things that can be done with oatmeal and coconut. It was Robbie Burns day... haggis. It's no that bad.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 27-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Porridge is awesome.
Once you get used to it's plain taste you'll learn to love it.
I often eat it with sliced banana and blueberries thrown in but golden syrup is good with it aswell.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
oat's can be a contributer to growth but not more than that IMO here's why

i mean a 1/2 cup has what ....150 calories you will not grow unless you consume a lot more than that

granted they are one of the best carbs for you, especially the old fashioned original (not quick oats) and throwing them into shakes could add about 300 quality calories an even better idea would be baking protein/carb bars with them (a lady friend at work bakes these and they are yummy...don't have recipe)

however for gaining weight i like eating lots of carbs w/ protein and some good fats of course

carb choices for bulking are.........SWEET Potato's w/ splenda/brown sugar mix and some kind of spread applied sparingly

i could eat about 3 of these a day and they are at least 250 calories each for 3 large one's .

Next would be low carb wheat wraps w/ honey and granola and cinnamon

yummy about 300 calories each (dependin on how much granola) and i could eat two per sitting easy. also sometimes i add in oats instead of granola

and last but not least i love the Ezekial (non flour) bread in the frozen food section about 110 cal's per slice and i like making 3 slice "treat's with natural peanut butter and some all fruit spread

this = about 550-600 calorie's per sandwhich i usally combine these carb heavy meals with some sort of protein be it cottage cheese, egg white's , milk/whey protein shakes or somethin

i combine this with longjack/ tribulus (testosterone stack) w/ NADH or mucuna pruriens (for dopamine enhancement) which aids in high test levels and a solid intense weight workout's 4x a week and boom you will grow.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
In my opinion the best breakfast ever is...

Porridge (just cook it like you normally would), then slice up a fresh banana and put it into the pot or bowl right before you serve it (so it's added while it's very hot), this makes the banana cook slightly and it has a great taste. I add in a little bit of honey when possible too for flavour.

Absolutely love this breakfast and couldn't reccomend it more.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Mashed banana and cinnamon.
Mashed banana and peanut butter.
Mashed banana by itself.

Try mashing banana into your porridge.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
adding banana or honey does make a difference to eating normal porridge. I love the stuff. I been through all kinds of good and bad cereal all my life but I haven't gotten over eating porridge.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oats are teh shiznitz.

I eat Scottish Oatmeal, 0.5 cup+0.75 cup water, cooked 3-6x per week. I'm not bulking, but if I was I might double that amount.

Oats are possibly a natural cholesterol reducer. For best results, get a cholesterol test and then start your Oatmeal diet and then in six months get a repeat set of levels. (People may respond variably).

Bland food doesn't bother me .

The agent in Oats and Oatmeal is thought to be 'Beta-Glucan' a polysaccharide.

Happy bulking!

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Badge01]

top topics

join