It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be the next technological superpower?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
When I googled the phrase "technological superpower", I was rather surprised to find the word "China" all over the first page (and the second). I was expecting the US or Japan. It really isn't a big deal. It's google after all, different phrase, different day, different result.

But it does make me wonder. So, the question that I want to ask you is this. Which country do you think will become the next technological superpower? And of course, your reasoning.

Thanks in advance,

Jazz

[edit on Sun, 27 Jan 08 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If you remember that whatever the usa economy is doing, there groups run the drug trade and all those things, so there is massive amounts of underground money for these groups to run these programs in the usa.

We have no idea what usa have behind the scenes, and who controls the next stgaes of technology.

For instance who controls the patents to the next types of fuel, that will be used on a mass basis. No one seems to know, other than the fact that some group controls it, and they still want oil, as there lead.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Technology comes from wealth. Where is the wealthiest country with appropriate eduacational systems?

MBF

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Japan. It has half the population of the USA yet graduates five times the engineers. I haven't heard how many engineers China graduates every year. They will still be way behind us for a while.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MBF

Don't you consider Japan already a technological superpower?
I get it, maybe not a superpower, but a great technological power.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
China is and has been for sometime doing all it can to get the best of the ABC BBC CBC AUBC's to come back to China (American, British, Canadian and Australian Born Chinese) They offer huge tax breaks and gov funding. They quite happily let companies do what they want as long as they see some of the end result and of course all for the mother country!!

Education is not intelligence, and genius could just be luck. The next technological super power could be Indonesia for all we know!

MonKey

MBF

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I thought you meant the top dog. Yes they are a superpower now.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
China is and has been for sometime doing all it can to get the best of the ABC BBC CBC AUBC's to come back to China (American, British, Canadian and Australian Born Chinese) They offer huge tax breaks and gov funding. They quite happily let companies do what they want as long as they see some of the end result and of course all for the mother country!!

Education is not intelligence, and genius could just be luck. The next technological super power could be Indonesia for all we know!

MonKey

Cute kid.

The US still manages to pull the best and brightest from every nation. But I see where your getting at. Its a try atleast...

Alot of question marks though in regards to living in a communist nation...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Im going to go with South Korea. Maybe not on the same scale as the US or japan. However, They are becomeing extremely advanced in many technological fields. I put them just a head of china by and inch.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well, it won't be China. I speak from the experience of working for a Chinese hi-tech companies for 15 years. China can bearly hang on as a
hi-tech manufacture. Their innovation and technical prowess is way behind Taiwan, which is behind Japan and the US. They put on a good show to the Western outsiders, but the reality is they are struggling internally to stay afloat. I would say that if Japan or the US weren't first, that India or EU would be number one, but it would have to be a significant bump to knock the US off the mantle.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It will be japan or the usa. i have no doubt of this.
china can only make cheap knockoff's of our stuff.

and japan may have more engineers and this may sound racist but i dont think asians have much creativity so our stuff is better.

and if # hits the fan we can just nuke china! lol jk

the usa may have less engineers but some of our shadow govrement has almost unlimited funding, so the possibilities are endless

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This infomation is a bit dated(2001) as I cannot find the latest information, but the trends are indicated clearly regarding China, India, Korea, Mexico.

listbox.wipo.int...

"An unprecedented number of applications were received by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in 2001 under an international filing system that facilitates the process of obtaining patents in multiple countries. Nearly 104,000 international applications were filed under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), representing a 14.3% increase on the number received in 2000. It is also the first time ever that the number of international applications has exceeded the 100,000 mark in a single year.

In addition, use of the PCT by developing countries increased by 70.6% last year. The number of such international applications received rose from 680 in 1997 to 5,379 in 2001, representing a 791% increase in use of the system by applicants from developing countries. In 2001, the highest percentage increases by developing countries were recorded by China (188.4%), India (102.6%), the Republic of Korea (53.1%) and Mexico (50.7%). Of the 115 contracting states of the PCT, 61 are developing countries."

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There will be no one dominant technological superpower.

It will be like the 19th century where accomplishment and rivalry in technology and science was shared between Britain, France and, later, Germany and USA (more in technology than science).

It will be like today, but more even.

The dominant contributors will be be USA, EU, China, Japan, then at a smaller level Russia, India, Korea, Canada, Israel and Brazil, and some from the top end of many countries in the rest of world.

Differences will be flattened.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by mbkennel]

[edit on 31-1-2008 by mbkennel]

top topics

join