It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction: The brightest supernova on record will become visible to the naked eye FEB 2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My advice to the moderators is that a "freeze" be put on this thread until next month. If a Super nova does occur this month, (I doubt any of us is holding our breath) the moderators can "unfreeze" the thread and proudly proclaim "you heard it here first." Otherwise, the thread can go straight to the recycling bin.

sty

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
you cannot warn/predict a supernova as the speed of the shock-wave is traveling with the maximum speed- the speed of light!

If you travel with the speed of light for one second , you can be very close to the Moon. However, to travel with the same speed in order to cross our Galaxy you would need about 100 000 years ! The galaxy itself would have about 100 000 000 000 stars more or less similar to our Sun, yet we see a supernova only once in a life-time. But luckily we need strong telescopes in order to see something. For a supernova to damage life on Earth, the exploding star should be 10-500 light-years away . However, we are not aware on any star in this range that would be capable of Supernova. From the point of view of Astronomy we have other things to concern , far more dangerous:

1) the existence of a possible binary to our Sun - a star small enough to not turn into a burning one.
2) passing trough the central plane of our galaxy that could bring unknown gravitational pull from the central black-hole of our galaxy
3)passing trough the central plane of our galaxy - this could increase the number of the "unexpected" asteroids hundreds of times
4) asteroid/comet impact
5) passing trough radiation belts while the Sun is rotating around the center of the galaxy
6) space in our universe to expand so much that the dimensions (including time) would break apart
7) meeting a hovering black hole. they can contain 50 Suns and have the dimension of a big building . There are at least hundreds in our galaxy around

lol.. is it enough?

sty

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
March 2008.

--------------------
nothing happened.
--------------------

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
5th of march here in germany and im still alive so alls well

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So... another prediction like all the others ones? Right? How people don't get tired in his own hands writing, i don't know... ok, never mind, the name say all "PREDICTIONS & PROPHECIES", can someone for the name of God, made a prediction for my lottery number tonight?

Ok, anyway, i missed the supernova because here in my city was all the night with lot of clouds but where's the dead walking peoples?

Forget about, i always ask me what follow people to make doomed predictions, lot of deads, etc, i never going to understand... But, i asked again what thinks people before a prediction don't get true... How do you feel? Better or bad?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join