It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today we remember them all

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It's truly funny how we say we remember, but never seem to learn.

We allow the fighting, hate, anger, greed, corruption to continue around us.

Where does the world wide hypocrisies end?

How much pain and suffering must the world go through until we learn to live in total peace?

Is it in our natures to hate, kill, corrupt, and never learn from our mistakes?

Just some food for thought.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I think when we embrace ourselves as one world and as one people we'll eliminate war and live in peace. Right now we allow injustice's to occur in other nations because we like to think it isn't our business. There's something very odd about that to me. I could ramble on for longer but what I have to say has already been said, so I'll just finish this off with two quotes that sum up the message very well:

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

...Ok I'm not quite done. I have to explain just a bit more. You see, on 9/11 we got hit. Instead of turning the other cheek and understanding the grievances of these disenfranchised middle eastern men who join these terrorists groups, we created more of them by striking back and injuring and killing people that are just as innocent people as the people who were in those twin towers. First in Afghanistan, and then in Iraq(and perhaps Iran in the near future). We've used our military might for vengeance, when we should have sought peace. Just as you Americans/Israeli's who support these wars against innocent people to seek retribution on a minority of terrorists, so too will these innocent Iraqi, Afghani, or Palestinian people decide to seek vengeance on the minority of guilty people who have destroyed their home and occupied their land.

So you see, violence can only lead to more violence. Unless you wipe out all your enemies, and their families, and their friends, and their families friends, and their friend's families, You will always have someone chasing after you to take an eye from you to payback for the one you took from them. And if you do succeed, who can really say that your side won? Was what was protected truly worth more than what was destroyed? Or is it your ego that fools you into believing that?

When the realization is present in all men's minds that the tragedies committed against the enemy are equally as horrific as the one's committed against their own nation we will put down the weapons and look to settle our differences peacefully for both our own sake and for our enemies. no longer will we focus on the small matters that separate us but the larger issues that should unite us. Greed will be usurped by need, as we make sure that no issue will take priority over the well-being of our fellow man.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by ThePiemaker]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this day of remembrance up. I had no idea this was a holiday in the UK.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I would like to add those that died as a result of the Crusades or other religious movements that only leave the choice of conversion or death.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
thank you infinite for this thread..

this is the first time ( i think) i have ever posted here..
i have enjoyed reading here for many years..

allow me to get straight to my input here,

with all the rememberences, i would like all of you, if possible, to know, that there are atrocities that you are not aware of.

history has an odd way of being covered up.
and the "victors" write history.

there was a pogrom, in the sixties, that gave birth to the "dirty little war" in argentina, and other south american countries, that killed thousands...
so many people dissappeared, that a new industry was born out of it, such as the milk carton "lost" posts, and certain "child find" services.

as close as i can figure, somewhere between 250,000, and 500,000 people were "dissappeared" between 1965 and 1975.

while i saw much of this with mine own eyes, i was also fortunate, ( or unfortunate) to have heard the first person accounts, of not only survivors, but of very troubled eyewitnesses, and "perps".
the perpetrators however, for the most part, seemed to have enjoyed their envolvement, in raping or killing. strange. and abhorant.

oh, this pogrom wasn't done in south america, or even africa, or asia, but in the United States of America.

the pogrom involved many different parts of branches of so many intelligence networks, and military, and cooperation with the MOB, and also foreign governments.
out of it a large underground child slave sex system was born.

you do not know of this horrific crime.
i have had a hard time coming to grips with this myself.
in meetings with people who were in positions to know of it first hand, including foriegn news reporters, and historians, and politicians, they all react the same way, with great fear, that makes them silent even to this day.

i have been threatened, repeatedly.

i am not afraid.

i just want you to be aware, and keep you eyes, and ears open, to little pieces of information, that may prove this to yourselves.
that's all.

and also, understand, it could very easily, happen again.

and chances are, no one would know...

after all, did you know?

don't laugh..
it's funny..
when i was a young man, i was very luckily privileged to live amongst WWII survivors, who were in the death camps, all over the world..
jews, military, gypsies, civilians, and those who survived on the fringe, never caught, but caught up in surviving..
so many.
it was like going to school.
little did i know then, that i was kind of being trained by the fates, to see, and know, and not get "dissappeared".

now, i live in a big city, and have friends from all over, and my own business, and hobnob with people from the highest to just ordinary people, like me..
however, one of the most vexing things i have had to deal with, is my jewish biz partner.
he is a knowlegable guy, very smart..
but he laughs at my story..
and i don't get angry, i have told him, i know what kind of jew he is..
( he gets testy at this.)
he's the kind of guy who would conplain about the poor amenities on the train, while headed to the camps..

i constantly ask myself, who would i be?
the witness that doesn't see? or won't admit to what i saw?
a survivor?
a camp guard, just following orders?
a snitch, turning in a neighbor?
or a camp officer, enjoying the base indulgences, while complaining that people don't follow orders?
could i be resistance? or saboteur?
liberator?

i would like to think i was strong enough to fight, but the truth is..having seen some of this with my own eyes, i would be a helpless victem, who would only find a way out by sheer luck..

and that is also why i survived...

you don't have to believe me..

just be aware.

thanks again infinite.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Evutch]

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Evutch]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This tread is inspiring. We should remember our past because our past makes us who we are and who we would be.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This thread is a demonstration of an exercize in futility.

Just exctly what does "remembering" do for us or the dead.

Like one poster said lets remember those who died in the Crusades.
An how about those that died when Gehgis Kahn came to Europe.
And lets remember the slaughter of the Britains and the Irish when Rome invaded.
And the killing of the Druids by the Roman Church.
etc, etc. etc.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I suggest adding the 250,000+ missing people each year in the US and god knows how may world wide.

250,000 X 10 years = 2,500,000 and I don't see any of them or packs of them roaming the streets or the country sides and that # may be low by half. Where the hell are they?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I think we should also pay tribute to the tens of millions of people killed in the first and second war, including the people in the holocaust, the 18 million people killed from Russia and the 35 million people were killed in WWII. They were all killed due to human greed aswell.

Also I would like to pay tribute to the close to 38 million people who died of starvation and overwork during the "Great Leap Forward" perpetrated by the Chinese tyrant Mao. People hardly ever remember that one.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Today is national holocaust day in the UK
I vote we devote more attention to the people being slaughtered right now by the NWO in the middle east, of which Britain is a knowing, willing participant. This whole thing smells like some kind of sick psy-op: "Look how we weep for injustices past; we must be good and moral if we do that."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join