It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebel clown army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well, mighty fine work the rebel clowns are up to. Getting a right laugh out of it too.

Most of us remember clowns for being funny and clumsy and almost brain dead, yet others see clowns as the ultimate image of their worst nightmares.

So along come the Rebel Clown Army.

Your fears are real... Soldier Clowns...

Roll up, roll up - ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, friends and foes - welcome to the unparalleled, the unexpected, the perfectly paradoxical, the grotesquely beautiful, the new-fangled world of the Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army (CIRCA).

www.clownarmy.org...

Great fun, it seems, is being had by all...except for TPTB. These Clowns stick a chopstick in the works of the elite, wiggle it around a little and pull out prunes.
These combat clowns are actively fighting a war for freedom.

We are clandestine because we refuse the spectacle of celebrity and we are everyone. Because without real names, faces or noses, we show that our words, dreams, and desires are more important than our biographies. Because we reject the society of surveillance that watches, controls, spies upon, records and checks our every move. Because by hiding our identity we recover the power of our acts. Because with greasepaint we give resistance a funny face and become visible once again.

But, here's where I get a little lost in my thinking. Ok, I might be going a bit too deep into this train of thought, but it might be a valid point to consider.

How do the authorities treat any actions made by the clown army?
Do the police arrest them or is it a matter for the military?

Effectively, the police don't have much power over an actively combative army of soldiers, yet the military does.

How would any military force deal with an army of 'custard pie' throwers?

Even if the police did arrest the clown soldiers, under what laws would they be charged?
Are they combatants at war, hence under military jurisdiction?

Can they be arrested as terrorists as they actively stand against the system that is trying to control us all and which is actively fighting a war on terrorism.

Does throwing a custard pie at a policeman, a political figure, military personnel, civilians or public/private property count as an act of terrorism?

But they hadn't taken our desire to join their army seriously, and a very large and extremely un-amused commando from the Royal Marines tried to throw us out of the centre with the help of a growing number of police officers.

The more our pleas to join the army fell on deaf ears - "Please teach us how to liberate people!" "Where are the application forms? " "Why can't we have really really big guns like yours?" - the more chaotic the scene in the recruitment office became. Very long sausage ballons started screaming across the space sounding like ammunition about to explode, sherbert filled toy aeroplanes did manic loop the loops over the RAF desks, one clown crawled around the floor polishing soldiers boots with his feather duster while another read out loud the latest communique from CIRCA (see figure 1), which detailed the absurdity of the so called "hand-over " of power in Iraq and announced the occupation of Leeds by CIRCA and the establishment of the Clown Provisional Authority.

www.clownarmy.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Such a shame this thread got no attention!

I just stumbled upon the Clown Army website after typing "insurgent" into google after pondering about the way it is used as opposed to using the word "rebel."

These guys are legends!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Yeah, that kinda happens to quite a few of my threads

Important thing is that it's here

As for the clown army, have not heard much of them, although they did make an appearance a short while back. Can't remember where or when but they did get some nice media attention.

I think it was related to the case of the undercover policeman who had infiltrated the ranks only to help them instead of the police/judicial system... but I might be mistaken there..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Well, mighty fine work the rebel clowns are up to. Getting a right laugh out of it too.

Most of us remember clowns for being funny and clumsy and almost brain dead, yet others see clowns as the ultimate image of their worst nightmares.

So along come the Rebel Clown Army.

Your fears are real... Soldier Clowns...

Roll up, roll up - ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, friends and foes - welcome to the unparalleled, the unexpected, the perfectly paradoxical, the grotesquely beautiful, the new-fangled world of the Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army (CIRCA).

www.clownarmy.org...

Great fun, it seems, is being had by all...except for TPTB. These Clowns stick a chopstick in the works of the elite, wiggle it around a little and pull out prunes.
These combat clowns are actively fighting a war for freedom.

We are clandestine because we refuse the spectacle of celebrity and we are everyone. Because without real names, faces or noses, we show that our words, dreams, and desires are more important than our biographies. Because we reject the society of surveillance that watches, controls, spies upon, records and checks our every move. Because by hiding our identity we recover the power of our acts. Because with greasepaint we give resistance a funny face and become visible once again.

But, here's where I get a little lost in my thinking. Ok, I might be going a bit too deep into this train of thought, but it might be a valid point to consider.

How do the authorities treat any actions made by the clown army?
Do the police arrest them or is it a matter for the military?

Effectively, the police don't have much power over an actively combative army of soldiers, yet the military does.

How would any military force deal with an army of 'custard pie' throwers?

Even if the police did arrest the clown soldiers, under what laws would they be charged?
Are they combatants at war, hence under military jurisdiction?

Can they be arrested as terrorists as they actively stand against the system that is trying to control us all and which is actively fighting a war on terrorism.

Does throwing a custard pie at a policeman, a political figure, military personnel, civilians or public/private property count as an act of terrorism?

But they hadn't taken our desire to join their army seriously, and a very large and extremely un-amused commando from the Royal Marines tried to throw us out of the centre with the help of a growing number of police officers.

The more our pleas to join the army fell on deaf ears - "Please teach us how to liberate people!" "Where are the application forms? " "Why can't we have really really big guns like yours?" - the more chaotic the scene in the recruitment office became. Very long sausage ballons started screaming across the space sounding like ammunition about to explode, sherbert filled toy aeroplanes did manic loop the loops over the RAF desks, one clown crawled around the floor polishing soldiers boots with his feather duster while another read out loud the latest communique from CIRCA (see figure 1), which detailed the absurdity of the so called "hand-over " of power in Iraq and announced the occupation of Leeds by CIRCA and the establishment of the Clown Provisional Authority.

www.clownarmy.org...

This is so awesome. I just creamed my pants. Clown protests? Makes them look like clowns arresting clowns for no reason. Go guys throw some confetti at the TSA. Maybe throw a pie the dhs.

join