It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama will be The Anti Christ

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well, he won the democratic nomination!
GO OBAMA!

He is sooo not the anti-christ.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
err, correct me if Im wrong, but isnt the antichrist also prophesised to be the leader of the EU??

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

That's what I'm explaining. The EU! Presidential elections this year for an EU president.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Now this is a little scary:

The Antichrist will spend many years working silently behind the
scenes to consolidate his power, and make his appearance onto
the international arena once the structure is in place. He will have
planned carefully and the countries he goes against will be
unprepared for his golden-tongued treachery.

(Centurie VIII, Quatrain 77)

The Antichrist is the power behind the scenes, pulling the strings,
and has not yet made his move to reveal himself. He is like a
spider waiting for his time, taking advantage of the world
situation to make his move.

When his time comes he will take advantage of the political
situation in a country to rise to power. It will not matter that he is
not a native of the country. He will take advantage of loopholes
and contrive positions.

It will not matter that he is
not a native of the country. He will take advantage of loopholes
and contrive positions

Obama hasn't proved he is a legal natural citizen of the US and refused to submit an authentic birth certificate to the state department.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
i dont know what to laugh at most

the OP's unbelievably distorted knowledge of the MYTH and LEGEND of the anti christ as a man (never appears in the christian bible)

or

the fact that it has 10 flags.

if you truely want to deny ignorance, you should educate yourself..

History of the legend tells us about how the legend has changed over the last 1900 or so years.

Who is the Antichrist? gives biblical passages which prove the "single man antichrist" notion wrong. This link ultimately says that all souls who choose to deny God are themselves "antichrist" -- e.g.: 'antichrist' is not a rank or a title. It is a label. Its no different than saying "you are a christian, because you believe in christ" you are a 'antichrist' if you dont believe or choose to deny

Modern contexts of what "antichrist" is. Some renditions of "who" antichrist is.

Since 'antichrist' relates to the Christian bible, i believe that is where your education should begin.

The notion of the antichrist as a man doesnt exist there. It was concocted by man, 100%, without divine intervention.

The notion of "ascension" does not exist in the bible. "rapture" was concocted, 100%, by man, without divine intervention.

Is barack obama, himself, the Antichrist?

No.

By pure biblical definition, it is impossible for Obama, or any other individual to be *THE* antichrist.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
How is it impossible? According to Nastradamus (and there have been multiple interpretations of his Quatrains that say the same) the first AntiChrist was Napolean. The second Hitler and the third to be determined.

Bascially, to Nastradamus, an AntiChrist is any one person who tries to take over the world. Both Napolean and Hitler tried to do so. Nastradamus claimed there would only be three because the third one will make the first two look like Little Red Riding Hood if you know what I mean. In other words, he will do the most damage. Damage beyond repair and in a Nuclear armed world, suffice it to say, it makes some sense.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Nostradomus (sp?) .... are you serious?

First off. Nostradomus didnt invent the idea of the antichrist.

Secondly, Nostradomus doesnt appear in the bible.

and finally - the idea of the antichrist comes from misinterpretation of biblical text. Go re-read my post if you're capable.

So to suggest that the 'antichrist' can exist outside the realm of what the bible says, is ignorant.

"antichrist" is a christian belief. Afterall, how can you have an "antichrist" without a "christ"

basic interpretation.
basic...interpretation.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Let's just re-term it to Anti-Allah for you then. The term was derived from the Christian Bible but doesn't necessarily mean it belongs to the Biblical prophecy.

Nastradamus used this term (or it is how these three tyrants were interpreted) and hence the label.

The thread is about the AntiChrist or interpretation thereof; It is not stating any facts in this thread or making any bold assumptions. It is only using prophecy as written in Quatrains (Naustradamus) or Biblical Prrophecy (Christian Bible - revalations).

I'm sure Islam has it's own prophecy etc. Every religion does.

So in short, AntiChrist means a tyrannical ruler who aims to rule the world under his own consolidated authority.

Could Obama become a tyrannical ruler by jumping through loopholes left and write and consolidate power quickly with those who would help him?

Yes, I'd think you'd have to say it is a possibility. It is a possibiliity for any would-be President in the world's most powerful nation.

Obama seems to fit the characteristics a bit more than the others, that is all.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

So in short, AntiChrist means a tyrannical ruler who aims to rule the world under his own consolidated authority.

No. it doesnt. You cannot extract something from the bible that isnt there to "invent" a different version of the term antichrist and have it be "true"

"antichrist" is of biblical origins, because the bible does speak of the LABEL of antichrist as anyone who chooses to deny God

If you want, you can twist nostradomus's words to say "will obama be the next hitler" or "will obama lead us all into tyranny"

but saying "is obama the antichrist?" is really just ignorance of the term.

Sorry. But if you educate yourself, you'll see im right.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
In this context Andrew, AntiChrist is a loosely used term. It originated from the Bible, but Nastradamus (and/or his interpreters) use it as a label for one who tries to rule and/or take over the world.

You are taking it too literally and trying to be too politically correct. You are arguing about the term "AntiChrist" and what it means in a literal context derived from it's original definition.

It is why I suggested you insert your preferance as in Anti-.

It doesn't change the original meaning at all.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

*sigh* im not taking it too literally.

There is no way to loosely use the term antichrist.

websters defines antichrist

a particular personage or power, variously identified or explained, who is conceived of as appearing in the world as the principal antagonist of Christ.
2. (sometimes lowercase) an opponent of Christ; a person or power antagonistic to Christ.
3. (often lowercase) a disbeliever in Christ.
4. (often lowercase) a false Christ.

Every singel definition carries with the tag of Christ.

What else does the Antichrist legend tell us?
That the world will suffer for 2000 years after the coming of Christ.

The antichrist is a precursor to the return of Christ. The antichrist - by its own man-made legend - is Satan's bodily form.

You cannot take a "christian" legend, strip it of its christian traits, ideals, and philosophies, and still call it a christian legend.

If you want to call Obama the next hitler, or a tyrant, fine, i cant and wont argue with you, because you'll be defeating yourself there too.

But to suggest that Obama is the devil incarnate sent to earth to destroy us all and usher in the second coming of Christ is just stupid.

it is a man-made myth that references the bible to tell a good story.
It appears no where in the bible. If the story is about the bible, but the bible its self says "its not true"

Then guess what? (lemme know if you need help answering this last question. Seems you are unable to grasp very fundamental termonology.)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I believe Obama is too old to be the anti-christ anyway. That is if what I've heard second hand from the Catholic church is correct that he was born in 1966. I cannot confirm that what I heard is true though. It was a good year for me though. The way some people describe the anti-christ, he sounds like somebody that will lead the world out of despair and be a savior to almost the whole world. I believe others like to put the term anti-christ on any political figure they don't like.

I can understand putting down a political figure you don't like calling them the mother of all evil but it seems a bit far fetched at times. Obama and McCain are the main choices for President of the US and they seem to have some of the same views on the environment and a few other topics. hmmm, maybe that's why so many are thinking we're all doomed now.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
My points exactly Orion. Anti-Christ is indeed a loosely used term. Why should that be a surprise? So many terms have loose definitions, especially in the world of Advertising.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
My points exactly Orion. Anti-Christ is indeed a loosely used term. Why should that be a surprise? So many terms have loose definitions, especially in the world of Advertising.

Orion never agreed with you.

wow you have nerve, ill give ya that.

Obama cannot be the antichrist because the antichrist is not one man.
The antichrist is any person who chooses to rebuke Christ and/or deny the existance of God.

Bottom line.

Ignorance costs the world more money than all other problems combined (dont remember where i heard that, but its true)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I never said Orion agreed with me, but rather I agreed with him!

Your definition of the AntiChrist may not be one man.

Many people do think the AntiChrist is or has been a single man. Regardless what is interepreted as the proper definition of the AC,.

Good day.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ok Im going to put this whole thread to rest by saying the future antichrist will be none other than PRINCE WILLIAM. I dont know if this is true but it sure makes good reading. He comes from the prophesied bloodline, his mother was buried on a lake (lady of the lake?), & her lineage comes from the Throne of David.

www.grailcode.net...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Although this sounds like Obama would possibly be the AC, I'd like to see some MLA sources and not just the quotes given; where does it say a white horse will be "a white woman who was married to 6 African men?", etc. Get a Penguin book and give some references so people can look them up. Have fun researching
k thx bye lol!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

2.- He will come mounted on a white Female horse(Obama mother is white who had 6 African husbands)

[edit on 2008/1/27 by SteveR]

So.... he will come riding in on his mother? Sorry a ludicrous thread deserves a ludicrous response. Good day to you sir.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I just stumbled upon this whole Obama antichrist thing today when I entered it in google, cuz its looking more and more like he will be the next prez...he scares me, not cuz he's black or even liberal but there is just a whole religious experience about him and his followers are really like blind sheep, ive talked to some of them and obama could commit murder, and they will still support him...its a perfect antichrist senario. you have the young, the blacks, the elite rich whites, they all support him overwhelmingly, and the poor whites, the christian hispanics, the old, the less educated, will be targeted by this guy...i am really starting to believe the whole 2012 end times thing is more and more likely, and 10 years ago i used to laugh about it...things have gotten much much worse for us all in the last decade..and its about to decline even further under a dictatorial obama with democrats ruling the senate,congress,house, and now the white house in november...we are screwed i think..

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join